Aloth has been redesigned?

To me, based on his PoE portrait, he's much a slender character. By flipping through the concept art as well as some gameplay footage, it seems that Aloth has been redesigned to be much "beefier" or "muscular" i would say. I know this is to promote the new multi-class feature. But wouldn't it be better that returning characters just stick to their base class with no multi-class options? It seems a little immersion breaking to me.. Aloth has always been the slender Wizard type.. and now his outfit is sleeveless and looks kinda "muscular". Same would definitely happen to Eder and Pallegina? Kind of immersion breaking to me out of a sudden she's Paladin/Barbarian or Paladin/Rogue. Doesn't seem to fit to the character, IMO.

I am fairly certain that, just like in PoE, Aloth will have exactly the same body shape as every other elf in the game, with only his face distinguishing him from others (and in the case of Aloth, I don't even think he had a unique face).

Also if you think Aloth should be a pure Wizard then, as far as I understand it, you will be able to level him as a pure Wizard. Multiclassing is not, as far as I am aware, obligatory.

• Like 2

Aloth has the arms sombody would have who is not sitting at a desk all days. Who knows what he has been up to lately.

I stopped lifting nearly 10 years ago (now sitting at a desk all day) and dropped from 100kg to 85kg (I am 1.90m)... and my arms still look bigger than his. My belly now, too! ;)

• Like 6

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I am fairly certain that, just like in PoE, Aloth will have exactly the same body shape as every other elf in the game, with only his face distinguishing him from others (and in the case of Aloth, I don't even think he had a unique face).

Also if you think Aloth should be a pure Wizard then, as far as I understand it, you will be able to level him as a pure Wizard. Multiclassing is not, as far as I am aware, obligatory.

I'm portraying the characters based on their portraits in first PoE. I do agree with you that i have the options to stick them as pure-class. What i'm highlighting is that when i chose to multi-class Aloth to for example Wizard/Cipher. It does add a great deal to the gameplay but they have basically turn to someone that not who they were.

I'm portraying the characters based on their portraits in first PoE. I do agree with you that i have the options to stick them as pure-class. What i'm highlighting is that when i chose to multi-class Aloth to for example Wizard/Cipher. It does add a great deal to the gameplay but they have basically turn to someone that not who they were.

Oh I understand. Chances are, in my first playthrough at least, Aloth will remain a pure Wizard for me and I doubt I'll ever make him a Wizard/Barbarian as it just feels wrong to my mind, but I certainly don't want Obsidian to enforce this sort of restriction.

It was the same in PoE. I never had Sagani wear armour that wasn't either leather or hide because these armour types just seemed right to me given her background, but I wouldn't want Obsidian to have forbidden her from wearing plate say, because if someone else finds giving her plate fun then why should I care.

I stopped lifting nearly 10 years ago (now sitting at a desk all day) and dropped from 100kg to 85kg (I am 1.90m)... and my arms still look bigger than his. My belly now, too! ;)

1.9m? But you're an Orlan (with a perculiarly well groomed beard), you can't possibly be 1.9m. 

He should be Amaua if you had asked me :p

I do, but I can´t even cast that horrible Dazzing Ligths.

How dare you carry the image of traitor Eisenhorn without even being able to cast Dazzling Lights, scrub?

In honesty, since I live in Brazil we never got to many Games Workshop stuff. I´ve only learned about Warhammer universe through videogames when I wass much older, and have fallen in love for the grim tone of it.

Still getting into the Lore though. I just love the Inquisitors design. Thx for the update!

He should be Amaua if you had asked me :p

Maybe when he was 100kg, but at 85kg I think he's lost the +2 Might necessary for it ;) (I say this as someone who's 1.97m and 95kg and definitely doesn't have the +2 Might)

I guess have some bonus MIG (although MIG is not maxed atm), but sadly, I also always had a stupid malus on CON. There's no pillars race which can do this. I may be special. ;)

And who says Orleans can't use growth hormons? I ate that ethereal pig that somehow found it's way into my backpack and it was full of that stuff... albeit tasty. Also gave me nasty pimples...

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Aloth has the arms sombody would have who is not sitting at a desk all days. Who knows what he has been up to lately.

I'm the opposite. I went from a mail carrier weighing 150lbs to sittings on my arse all day at a desk. I now weigh in at just under 200.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

I guess have some bonus MIG (although MIG is not maxed atm), but sadly, I also always had a stupid malus on CON. There's no pillars race which can do this. I may be special. ;)

I think I share your CON malus. I seem to get injured all the time.

And who says Orleans can't use growth hormons? I ate that ethereal pig that somehow found it's way into my backpack and it was full of that stuff... albeit tasty. Also gave me nasty pimples...

Now that you say it, your avatar does have a pretty prominent brow, and all your class builds are suspiciously effective...

• Like 1

He does carry a rather large book in one hand all day long... 

1f0cdf49dc9e41b13450b7547929db66eb3e30c6

aloth's spell book has, at most, ~40 spells.  perhaps the big book he carries is actual his diary.  if any one o' the joinable npcs from poe were channeling their inner teenage girl, it were aloth.  probable doodles unicorns in the margins when iselmyr is deep submerged. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

He does carry a rather large book in one hand all day long... 

1f0cdf49dc9e41b13450b7547929db66eb3e30c6

aloth's spell book has, at most, ~40 spells.  perhaps the big book he carries is actual his diary.  if any one o' the joinable npcs from poe were channeling their inner teenage girl, it were aloth.  probable doodles unicorns in the margins when iselmyr is deep submerged. 

HA! Good Fun!

That looks extremely like Manfred Deix... or Gerhard Haderer... where's it from?

Edited by mumbogumshoe