Differences between the normal Physical Box and the Collector's Edition

Collectors Edition: Steam Installer CD, Clothmap, Mousepad, Concept Art Print, Cloth Patch, and a printed manual!

Normal Box: Steam Installer CD, much emptyness

See also: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91327-physical-copy-of-the-game-is-drm-and-steam-free/

Edited by Xaratas

I'm interested in getting some info on the design. I'm very much expecting something that would match the paper box of PoE I have standing on my shelf.

"What if a mid-life crisis is just getting halfway through the game and realising you put all your points into the wrong skill tree?"

From the latest update, seems like they are more than willing to update tiers and throw in some additional stuff. Hopefully, they realize that some cardboard with a steam key inside for 80 bucks or something is not that appealing to people and give us something a little more solid :)

Thank you all for answering.

I though that the box would, at least, have the physical manual inside; but everything points at that not being the case. Any information about that? I've already read other topics, but haven't found any definite answer.

As others have stated, 60$ is a pretty good price... but not for just an empty box.

Thank you all for answering.

I though that the box would, at least, have the physical manual inside; but everything points at that not being the case. Any information about that? I've already read other topics, but haven't found any definite answer.

As others have stated, 60$ is a pretty good price... but not for just an empty box.

Something which could be interesting for some of you.

It is now possible to select "Additional Collector's Edition Box" as an extra when pledging. Which means you can theoretically select the minimum $5 pledge and get a CE for a total of $85 + shipping which could be a decent deal.

Obviously, you miss out on a ton of things (digital rewards, second copy, beta access, etc) but still, an option to consider.

No update on the content of the standard physical box though :(

Merany,

They removed this functionality and you cannot do it anymore (e.g. pledge $5 + get an extra physical box). There is now a $54 minimum pledge to get access to the physical box add-on and $144 for the CE box add-on. 

So we are back to square one. Dear Obsidian: can't you see how deeply unpopular the physical box tier is? Tens of thousands of backers for the digital editions....and 433 for the physical box. It's obviously very bad value and I can't believe a customer-centric company such as yourself is ignoring this. You know how much physical boxes are important to avid RPG fans who have a collection of all your games after all.

Thanks for looking into this...there is still time for people to amend their pledges and I hope we get the opportunity for a better value proposition.

Edited by TeraAkron