Integral cross-platform accounts undoable?

Hi there,

I have recently installed Fire Emblem Heroes on my iPad. After discovering that it wouldn't run on my aging iPad Mini, I reinstalled it on an Android emulator and started playing it on PC... only to discover that my Orbs (the main currency of the game) were not transferred from one platform to the other, even if both were linked to the same Nintendo account.

The explanation I read on forums were that no game does that, since that would imply that money 'put' on the Apple AppStore could be 'payed' by the Google store (and vice-versa). So the characters and other stuff I have are there on both platforms, but the Orbs I earn are either on one or on the other.

Could this be the problem that keeps us from having a unique Pathfinder account across all platforms (Android, iOS and futurely PC)? Maybe we could have all the cards, characters and adventures on every platform but have the money and chests separated in each one? That would be good enough for me...

Cheers!

Mauricio

Not likely. If the item Are stored locally, it would be problem, but in this case they Are not, so the company can give items to players even free if They want To do it.

If the company thinks that it can get more money by selling the same stuff separately to each platform. That is quite another thing...

But in this case I think that Obsidian will test the system first in all three platforms before releasing it. And it may be difficult before the PC version is ready and running. They have to be sure that the experience is same with all three platforms and. It has to be tested and retested...

It would be harder to change afterwards.

Edited by Hannibal_PJV

The explanation I read on forums were that no game does that, since that would imply that money 'put' on the Apple AppStore could be 'payed' by the Google store (and vice-versa). So the characters and other stuff I have are there on both platforms, but the Orbs I earn are either on one or on the other.

That's a weird explanation... I'm wondering why would it matter where the money comes from if it affects the same account..

That's a weird explanation... I'm wondering why would it matter where the money comes from if it affects the same account..

I agree, but that's what they're saying there, anyway: that what you paid with hard money in one platform must stay on that platform.

If you have a Nintendo account, your Fire Emblem stuff will not be stored locally. So my game opened normally when I restarted it on Android, just the cash-earned Orbs weren't there. I wonder if what I have read is true and, if it is, wether Obsidian faces the same problem with Pathfinder Adventures...

Cheers!

Mauricio

I agree, but that's what they're saying there, anyway: that what you paid with hard money in one platform must stay on that platform.

If you have a Nintendo account, your Fire Emblem stuff will not be stored locally. So my game opened normally when I restarted it on Android, just the cash-earned Orbs weren't there. I wonder if what I have read is true and, if it is, wether Obsidian faces the same problem with Pathfinder Adventures...

That is definitely a funny explanation from Nintendo's end.  A good counter-example is Hearthstone which will let you use the same account on any device that will run it.

If anything, Nintendo is making a risk-averse decision like they did with Super Mario Run.  There is enough concern about "hacked" or modded android apks that they are trying to segregate the two game economies.

As far as the iOS App store goes, the only big rule developers need to follow is that you are not allowed to have a purchasing feature in an iOS app that circumvents the app store.  Spotify got in trouble with this a couple years back when they had their own mechanism for buying subscriptions instead of using the usual IAP method.

• Like 1

I found a disclaimer on Fire Emblem Heroes (iPad version):

"- Purchased Orbs cannot be used on devices with operating systems other than iOS."

"- Bonus Orbs are counted as unpaid Orbs."

So, it's official. But strangely, all my Orbs are unavailable when I play on Android, Bonus or not (everything else is there)...

Cheers,

Mauricio

Edit: Still, it's better to have a crippled multiplatform account than none at all...

Edited by MauGibrin

Games like Clash Royale and Clash of Clans, you can jump from Ipad to Android - your currency (gems and coins) go with you.  So it's 100% doable.  This is just a decision from that developer specifically.  

• Like 2

In the Valentines Developer Blog is a small segment all at the bottom:

Oh yeah... Had an iPhone and just picked up a new Android(or vice versa)? Through some sorcery we will allow the players to sync up their accounts, cross platform, on their own and without having to contact support@obsidian.net.

This should also work with the upcoming release of the PC version of Pathfinder Adventures.

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-201-pathfinder-adventures-valentines-special-and-quest-mode-update/

Probably got lost abit in the bad news about Questmode.

I guess I will see how this works out when the PC Version hits.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the Valentines Developer Blog is a small segment all at the bottom:

Oh yeah... Had an iPhone and just picked up a new Android(or vice versa)? Through some sorcery we will allow the players to sync up their accounts, cross platform, on their own and without having to contact support@obsidian.net.

This should also work with the upcoming release of the PC version of Pathfinder Adventures.

http://forums.obsidian.net/blog/8/entry-201-pathfinder-adventures-valentines-special-and-quest-mode-update/

Probably got lost abit in the bad news about Questmode.

I guess I will see how this works out when the PC Version hits.

All your purchases are stored on the PlayFab servers and you should be able to activate them no matter what platform as long as you log in with that PFID#.

The problem we were running into was a PFID being assigned strictly to your GameCenter or GPG account and without using a 3rd party login, like FaceBook, there was no way to choose which active PFID you actually wanted to use.  All hell would break loose if for some reason GPG/GameCenter decided they wanted to change your unique ID which can easily happen then someone upgrades their device... Or if they randomly feel like it.  No kidding.

PC "should" work the same but, without going into details, we have some dangers to avoid.

• Like 1

The day you get the cross-platform stuff working is the day I will spend some money on this game. I'd love to spend some of it to support the game, but it's way easier for me to do so once I can pay with Google and play on the iPad.