Impossible achievements via Steam

Hello,

With Deadfire hype I've got back to the game, to try White Marsh...

I'm fond of hard achievements.

Yesterday done Triple Crown SOLO achievement in v3.05.1186

proof: http://steamcommunity.com/id/CapCan1/stats/291650/achievements/

But, here are some questions / indignation :

1) Frozen Crown Solo achievement (Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.)

Challenge:

White Marsh > Stalwart Village > Darzir

Can kill Taos on level 10, but can't kill Darzir with level 10 solo character (rogue)

Could kill it with level 12 wizard and barbarian

2) The Ultimate achievement (Complete the White March and Pillars of Eternity, defeat all dragons, all bounties, and both archmages on Expert, Trial of Iron, and Path of the Damned modes without taking any companions after Cilant Lîs.)

It's hard but doable with certain classes.

Edited by Nail
  • Like 2

Done this with Moon Godlike Wizard

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

I don't want to sound like a phony, but any dragon fight is a joke for a full party at Path of the Damned if you know your stuff.

There are a lot of videos where solo chars beat all dragons on PoTD without too much fuzz. The real challange for PotD solo are the WMI and II bounties.

If Darzir is too difficult for you on PotD solo then there are four possibilities:

- Your level is too low (level 10 solo IS too low if you're not using a very powerful build or kite and split like hell)

- You don't know all the tricks yet

- Your build is not good

- Your using the wrong tactics with that class/build of yours 

For example I went there with a PotD solo lvl 9 barb (dual wielding, max MIG, max CON, dumped DEX and RES) which is not an optimal solo build and it was doable but hard. I decided to do that again but at lvl 11 and it was not that hard any more. 

Those achievements are not impossible. They are just difficult. And defeat is likely because no quicksave. :) Some players play ToI like that: they do the same encounter twice. One time on PoTD only and then they replay the same encounter on ToI. That way they can work out the perfect tactic and then apply it in the ToI playthrough.
And some just brute-force-quit the game when they feel the fight is lost. Cheesy... but works.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I don't want to sound like a phony, but any dragon fight is a joke for a full party at Path of the Damned if you know your stuff.

There are a lot of videos where solo chars beat all dragons on PoTD without too much fuzz. The real challange for PotD solo are the WMI and II bounties.

If Darzir is too difficult for you on PotD solo then there are four possibilities:

- Your level is too low (level 10 solo IS too low if you're not using a very powerful build or kite and split like hell)

- You don't know all the tricks yet

- Your build is not good

- Your using the wrong tactics with that class/build of yours

For example I went there with a PotD solo lvl 9 barb (dual wielding, max MIG, max CON, dumped DEX and RES) which is not an optimal solo build and it was doable but hard. I decided to do that again but at lvl 11 and it was not that hard any more.

Those achievements are not impossible. They are just difficult. And defeat is likely because no quicksave. :) Some players play ToI like that: they do the same encounter twice. One time on PoTD only and then they replay the same encounter on ToI. That way they can work out the perfect tactic and then apply it in the ToI playthrough.

And some just brute-force-quit the game when they feel the fight is lost. Cheesy... but works.

I may be wrong, but to do tripple crown solo the only viable class in game is rogue.

Cause, at least for me, it's very hard not to fail at these parts of the game w/o "shadowing beyond"

1) Great Hall of Caed Nua

2) End of level one Claban Rilag

3) Fight with Taos

And rogue is not a barb, can't deal with multiple enemies.

Yeah, I was wrong, there are many classes to the ultimate, but not every class can.

Edited by Nail

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

TCS has been done by many classes. Just check the records on these forums alone.  There's also at least one account of the Ultimate playthrough on these forums, IIRC. And Shadowing Beyond isn't even 100% necessary for rogue runs. Point being lots of players have very different ways and come up with a lot of solutions you or I never thought of.

If you want to say they're "impossible" you're going to need more proof than "I think they're super hard". 

I mean, I don't ever see myself doing FCS/Ultimate, though I had fun doing soft ironman pre-xpack. I don't mind, it's not like I need to have the achievements to have fun or feel like I achieved a difficult run.

Edited by Tigranes
  • Like 1

People already did the Ultimate using paladins, chanters, monks and wizards. 90% of the required fights can be won using kiting/splitting methods by any class. You're left with a few fights where you need good defenses or/and CC (summons, confusion/paralysis scrolls...)

I may be wrong, but to do tripple crown solo the only viable class in game is rogue.

You are indeed wrong. But that's OK. I'm making wrong statements all the time. :) I hope not this time though - would be embarassing...

I did multiple solo PoTD runs and every class I tried was doable. Rogue and fighter were the most tedious for me to be honest. Priest was lot of fun after the first few levels.

If you can beat the game on solo PotD you can also do it on ToI.

Every encounter that's not too far above you in levels can be won with either pulling/kitig/splitting and/or excessive use of consumables.

Edited by Boeroer

Alright, seems that I'm wrong with "impossible" statement.

Can't do it with rogue though. Maybe I'm just bad... 

Will try to do it with wizard :)

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for all replies!

• Like 1

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

There's stuff on the strategy forum, and you can always post your builds and troubles - it's fun to see what people do to get their TCS/Ultimate/etc working.

Seems that wizard can crush through any situation in the game so far, just need a lot of campfires.

A tough fight at Main Hall Caed Nua, still doable without Bronze Horn Figurine, cause it's so bad for 5k... 20 seconds of nothing, still can raise a chance not to get Phantom stunlock.

So far all other content I've encountered is viable with more powerful  summoned creatures.

Wizards have so much deflection...

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

• 4 weeks later...

For what its work i have always hated solo.  I think it takes the spirit out of the game.  Its meant for 6 man party based tactics.  I just ALWAYS since after the first time i beat it it play Triple Crown.  So I do have Triple Crown and Frozen Crown..maybe i should do 1 solo run before Deadfire...

Have gun will travel.

For what its work i have always hated solo.  I think it takes the spirit out of the game.  Its meant for 6 man party based tactics.  I just ALWAYS since after the first time i beat it it play Triple Crown.  So I do have Triple Crown and Frozen Crown..maybe i should do 1 solo run before Deadfire...

I've done as a tribute for PoE before Deadfire comes out.

Surely, NPC are written the way they add some content (dialogs, quests, reactions etc.),

but the game is pretty simple with 1+ man party, except some moments like Llengrath fight due to total RNG.

• Like 1

q22yrpP.png

Perebor steam

• 1 month later...

I've just got "The Ultimate" achievement with a rogue. If you want to get inspired, you can watch the full run here :

Enjoy !

Very nice! My heart skipped a beat a few times in the llengrath fight when you got paralysed, when you caught the tail end of the flying dragon's breath and when the slower dragon at the end was about blow your face off with a breath before you got him down.

Nice! But why don't you flank more often? Afraid of disengagement attacks (catching those while circling an opponent is really stupid I must admit)?

Well I guess you mean getting the Flanked debuff to allow Sneak attack and Deathblows ? (the -10 deflection does not make so much difference)

To get the flanked debuff, you need a second ally, which is not so easy when you are doing a solo run ! So your only help are the summons. First of all the summons lasts only 20 sec and secondly I mainly use the shade which can apply the blind debuff that also count for Sneak attack.

As you mentionned, the risk with getting in the flanking position is to get disengagement attacks. Also some enemies require to have more than 2 opponents to get flanked.

The thing is I can usually make sure that I've got at least one or debuffs that counts for Sneak attacks / Deathblows just by using class abilities and We Toki / Warhammer combo. For this run I maxed out Intellect (which is my favorite stat !) so it makes all my debuffs last a lot longer. Also for some reasons the flanked debuff is getting suppressed by some other effects sometimes, not sure to know by which one exactly.

So for all those reasons, getting the flanked debuff is not my first concern.

Yes - I really hate it that you will eat disengagement attacks even if you don't turn away but just circle around. That implementation is bad. It would have been easy to determine the vector of your movement and then process if you're  really trying to move away or if you're just trying get around somebody. Hell - you even get disengagement attacks if you move straigt in sometimes. Very stupid against ogres for example.

I've just got "The Ultimate" achievement with a rogue. If you want to get inspired, you can watch the full run here :

Enjoy !

Very nice! My heart skipped a beat a few times in the llengrath fight when you got paralysed, when you caught the tail end of the flying dragon's breath and when the slower dragon at the end was about blow your face off with a breath before you got him down.

Well the fight with Llengrath that is recorded in this run did not go so well ! For some reasons the Xaurips group that is with the Bog Lurker usually does not aggro when I attack Llengrath, so I usually never get any paralyzing attacks (Concelhaut get them  :no:). Also for the dragon breath I got a bit too close before landing sap, which also never happened to me before...

Edited by Wodjee

• 3 weeks later...