More Acknowledgemen of Similarity

When I first started playing Pillars 1, I knew nothing of the plot, I only knew the gameplay. As such, I ended up rolling a Male Aedyran Wood Elf Wizard...just like I soon found out was the first real companion. Being extremely similar to Aloth (We even had mostly the same spells), I was quite disappointed in how little acknowledgement there was from him. Sure, he had one or two Aedyr interactions, and one or two Elf interactions, but nothing directly commenting on just how similar we were.

And honestly, that broke my immersion quite a bit, even kind of ruined the fun of the coincidence ever happening, since it was never acknowledged.

Even if it was just non-voiced text dialogue, I would love to see more interactions based on such strong similarities with companions in Deadfire. After all, if you and a companion have that much in common, it's really out of place for it to never be addressed.

• Like 1

When I first started playing Pillars 1, I knew nothing of the plot, I only knew the gameplay. As such, I ended up rolling a Male Aedyran Wood Elf Wizard...just like I soon found out was the first real companion. Being extremely similar to Aloth (We even had mostly the same spells), I was quite disappointed in how little acknowledgement there was from him. Sure, he had one or two Aedyr interactions, and one or two Elf interactions, but nothing directly commenting on just how similar we were.

And honestly, that broke my immersion quite a bit, even kind of ruined the fun of the coincidence ever happening, since it was never acknowledged.

Even if it was just non-voiced text dialogue, I would love to see more interactions based on such strong similarities with companions in Deadfire. After all, if you and a companion have that much in common, it's really out of place for it to never be addressed.

Honestly I don't see reserved and polite Aloth as someone who bring up how similar you two are superficially. I also don't think he would consider your race or origin to be that meaningful to who you were as a person.

That being said they've said that they way companions will relate to your character is being greatly expanded in the sequel, which is perfect and much needed. More reactivity, deeper relationships, it should be just what the doctor ordered.

Hmmm... well, if you meet a similar chap in real life, you don't just blurt out "I say, we have a lot in common!" do you? ;)

And elves seem pretty common in Eora.

However, if you apply your argument to two Godlikes meeting, THEN I agree. You'd think two Godlikes would have a lot to say to each other.

• Like 1