6-5: Silas Vekker forces you to encounter him twice

Longshot11

Question

(Topic title is wrong, the scenario is 6-1)

I'm not exactly sure what the team on this app is, but my guess is this bug is a result of Designer-Programmer miscommunication. See, the app card actually works *correct* according to its text; the problem is, the text is wrong.

The app Silas Vekker wording:

"Before you act, each character at this location summons and encounters Silas."

What the above says (and the way it's implemented) is that when YOU encounter Silas, before your check, YOU summon and encounter ANOTHER Silas - in effect forcing you to encounter the card twice.

Contrast this with the tabletop (albeit archaic) wording:

"All characters at this location encounter Silas"

It is evident from the above, that the intent is NOT for the active character to encounter this abominable henchman twice in a row.

The fix would be to change the app wording to "Before you act, each OTHER character at this location summons and encounters Silas." AND to make the card behave so.

Edited by Longshot11

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

8 answers to this question

I'm sure this bug will be the devs' first concern among the flood of new users and all the issues with accounts, linking, loot syncronizing etc.. but still:

BUMP.

This is one mega-annoying henchman bug.

• Like 1

You can use the 'Mark Solved' button beneath a post that answers your topic or confirms it's not a bug.

The time that devs don't have to spend on the forum is a time they can spend on fixing the game.

PC version - Pathfinder Adventures, Obsidian Edition

6-1, Treacherous Cave

Player ID: Dewguru #1298

Like Longshot11 mentions - whoever triggers Silas Vekker ends up having to beat him twice. Once as part of it's "each character at this location must summon and encounter Silas" and then once again afterwards.

If this isn't a bug, it's at least some very poor wording, as the reason I'm here posting in the forum is because it seems as though it's a bug. Especially since this differs from the table top version of Pathfinder Adventures.

Here's a page at Paizo's site where they discuss better wording for it (second item) - and that wording clearly shows that someone shouldn't be facing it twice on the same turn.

http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2s8x4?Cards-that-trigger-multiple-encounters

Hi, this bug still persists on the iOS version. Because Vekker is such a difficult check, he's stonewalling me and rendering the scenario basically unwinnable on higher difficulties.

I can't believe the developer let a major bug like this sit for 6 months w/o any action. Seriously considering changing my app review to negative.

Hi, this bug still persists on the iOS version. Because Vekker is such a difficult check, he's stonewalling me and rendering the scenario basically unwinnable on higher difficulties.

I can't believe the developer let a major bug like this sit for 6 months w/o any action. Seriously considering changing my app review to negative.

Well, the wording on the digital card is somewhat unclear in "which Silas Vekker am I supposed to defeat - the first or the second or both?", but it is a correct programming for the text shown on the digital card. The bug is in the fact that Silas does not work in this way in card game - the wording is completely different on the physical card, meaning the lone character encounters him only once. It is annoying as the Lower Planes (pick your choice - Abyss or Baator), but at least it is only in one scenario and you may not even meet Silas (relying on temporary closing). Among my heroes, the only ones able to take him down without massive Shelyn/Milani blessing support are Kyra and Lini. I did not level Seelah or Sajan to 6th adventure, so maybe these two can survive as well...

SO the developers need to change the wording on the card picture and the functionality of the card. They even have the correct behaviour coded in the Tangletooth henchman, who works exactly as Silas Vekker is supposed to work. We shall wait - if it got on their list of issues, half of the battle is already won. :)

Well, the wording on the digital card is somewhat unclear in "which Silas Vekker am I supposed to defeat - the first or the second or both?", but it is a correct programming for the text shown on the digital card. The bug is in the fact that Silas does not work in this way in card game - the wording is completely different on the physical card, meaning the lone character encounters him only once. It is annoying as the Lower Planes (pick your choice - Abyss or Baator), but at least it is only in one scenario and you may not even meet Silas (relying on temporary closing). Among my heroes, the only ones able to take him down without massive Shelyn/Milani blessing support are Kyra and Lini. I did not level Seelah or Sajan to 6th adventure, so maybe these two can survive as well...

SO the developers need to change the wording on the card picture and the functionality of the card. They even have the correct behaviour coded in the Tangletooth henchman, who works exactly as Silas Vekker is supposed to work. We shall wait - if it got on their list of issues, half of the battle is already won. :)

No, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. If you encounter Silas with multiple characters then every character has to encounter him twice. It's definitely not working as intended.

No, I'm pretty sure it's a bug. If you encounter Silas with multiple characters then every character has to encounter him twice. It's definitely not working as intended.

I do not dispute otherwise, it's a bug. I have never encountered him with two characters at that location (as I usually have characters operating solo to cover more ground). If you could provide details, it would be best.

According to its current (bugged) description, each character should encounter him (instead of each other character) and the current player should encounter the non-summoned version (lack of Summoned label above the card). If it works otherwise (and please add precise specifics to help in reproducing it), it's a bugged bug :)