crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

something we mentioned elsewhere.  might as well add to this thread.

godless priest option.  for either a starting character, or even moreso for a player who played a priest in poe1, we would like for the developers to consider a godless priest option.  d&d 3e provided for priests (and paladins) who were guided by ideals rather than a specific deity to nevertheless gain priestly powers.  sure, certain campaign worlds (e.g. forgotten realms) precluded the godless priest option, but the core rules envisioned such priests.

given the big reveal o' poe 1, we would like the developers to consider adding one additional subclass for priests: the godless.  sure, wouldn't be universal appropriate, but for priest characters who are understandable conflicted 'bout remaining a priest o' magran, a godless option would be a nifty solution.  doesn't take too much creativity to explain how such a thing works.

is a crazy idea.  am thinking it is a good idea.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 4

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Stronghold in Deadfire is a ship, it's upgradable, and there is ship combat when traveling between islands. You would have a couple ocean maps for variety. Some just water in both shallow and deep water, some with islands here and there, and some are rocky areas where you would expect shipwrecks and the like. Those maps need only be traveled once as you travel to an island for the first time. I would enjoy some random encounters after that, but I know a lot of people don't like random encounters. So I could go either way.

Stronghold in Deadfire is a ship, it's upgradable, and there is ship combat when traveling between islands. You would have a couple ocean maps for variety. Some just water in both shallow and deep water, some with islands here and there, and some are rocky areas where you would expect shipwrecks and the like. Those maps need only be traveled once as you travel to an island for the first time. I would enjoy some random encounters after that, but I know a lot of people don't like random encounters. So I could go either way.

​What if your keep was actually a "hidden cove." And you start with a crudy rickety ship. During ship combat you can commandeer an opposing ship and take it for yourself. Swinging onto the new ship. Or you can simply sink it, take prisoners, take loot, etc. You have to spend money to "refit" a ship if you steal it, otherwise you can't use it to head back into port.

• Like 2

​What if your keep was actually a "hidden cove." And you start with a crudy rickety ship. During ship combat you can commandeer an opposing ship and take it for yourself. Swinging onto the new ship. Or you can simply sink it, take prisoners, take loot, etc. You have to spend money to "refit" a ship if you steal it, otherwise you can't use it to head back into port.

I'd be fine with that too. I think scripted interactions would be great for boarding an enemy vessel, and then you could load onto the deck of that ship for a quick combat. Sounds like a winner to me.

• Like 1

I want to have the adra dragon in PoE2 (at least if you freed him in PoE1).

I want him to be a party member or at least a mayor character in a quest or two.

The fight against the kraken (PoE2 main title image) looks good. I want to fight the kraken from WM2 (if you did not kill him). If you killed him I want to fight the undead version of the kraken.

I want to capture a dragon and tie him in front of my ship. The new version of fast travel.

I want to have a black isle in the game. Its has a big vulcano and there is lots of vulcanic glass (guess how geologists call this stuff). You will meet the black mage "Feargus the Great" and you got to help him in an epic quest to fight hordes of bugs. (In divine divinity there is a secret area where you must save the devs from bugs. OK, Larian is known for their 4th wall breaking insane humor).

• Ascension levels. Levels you start after completing level 20th. You need to learn truth about Adra and Engwiniah. It is very connected to Eora Lora. Character learns not only his masterful skills but how to manipulate reality. Soul, skill, magic is all tied together now and use simultaniously. We can just choose how to manifest it. We are not ArchBarbarian but can learn how to slow time for others and move as Lighting. Or exist in two places at one time. Or punch someone in the face so hard, his soul will leak the other side. There is no magic. Just understanding world. There is no gods, but we could make one. But the futher we go the more strict we need to be with our rules, since without rules there is no shape, and we just melt in reality.

Edited by evilcat

• Ascension levels. Levels you start after completing level 20th. You need to learn truth about Adra and Engwiniah. It is very connected to Eora Lora. Character learns not only his masterful skills but how to manipulate reality. Soul, skill, magic is all tied together now and use simultaniously. We can just choose how to manifest it. We are not ArchBarbarian but can learn how to slow time for others and move as Lighting. Or exist in two places at one time. Or punch someone in the face so hard, his soul will leak the other side. There is no magic. Just understanding world. There is no gods, but we could make one. But the futher we go the more strick we need to be with our rules, since without rules there is no shape, and we just melt in reality.

strict* -- I would of never grammar-policed if it weren't that word =)

Days with an even number of hours in them. Ideally 24 since, given that the number of hours in a day is a choice made by humans not some absolute cosmic invariant, the game may as well make it something relatable to us Earth humans. Failing that though, at least have Eoran's sleep for a third of a day, rather than eight twenty-sevenths.

• Like 2

That's one of those things where you suspect that they tripped over their overcomplicated worldbuilding but can't be quite sure that it's not intentional.

And I especially like that you filed that under "crazy ideas". :D

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

An intricate travelling system, complete with stuff like rationing, random encounters (well, think we're getting these), fatigue, maybe even diseases for the Realm of Arkania feel.

All in all, I would love for a more simulationist take on it all. Adding heavily on to the "strategic layer" instead of stripping it down. Making the game more wild and crazy, allowing things to go really haywire, instead of more tightly controlled. That'd be pretty cool.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Please let slavery be a thing.

I want to be an evil slavemaster anti paladin who roams the high seas with a ship full of human cargo off to sell in the market.

Yes. Ill be a ranger with a human slave pet!

Ill send him (or her... im not a discriminating master) always into the fray first. Naked. I can buy another anyway. Bz im an adventurer with mad money!

Now wheres that soab god?!

• Like 1

Days with an even number of hours in them. Ideally 24 since, given that the number of hours in a day is a choice made by humans not some absolute cosmic invariant, the game may as well make it something relatable to us Earth humans. Failing that though, at least have Eoran's sleep for a third of a day, rather than eight twenty-sevenths.

Never noticed that.

How many hours they have?

Ah 27 probably haha

Edited by Leeuwenhart

A stylish tricorne. You might think this one would be a given with the game's setting, but after spending the entirety of Assassins Creed 3 searching for one I am not so sure any more.

Also the ability to instruct the companion AI to swap weapons in a specific way (e.g. "discharge the guns in the first 2 weapon slots, then switch to slot 3 and charge"). Note that this is not the same as the way more common "switch to melee weapons when in close combat" AI trigger.

I wonder how you get to a 27h day...

24 from us comes from 2x12

12 comes from number of parts of 4 main digits excl thumb.

Meaning ... you count your parts with the thumb on same hand you get 12.

You use finger on other hand so you can restart and not forget.

You can do this 5x.

5x12= 60. As in seconds or minutes.

Also why we got inches. People used that or the distance elbow base hand for lengths.

So... 27... how the hell you get that.

Aumauas got more parts in 1 or their digits?

Or orlans got 6 digits haha and even then it doesnt work.

Weird!

Mmmm since we got it from Sumerians...

Maybe they got it from Engwithans...

Freaky fingered Engwithans

Edited by Leeuwenhart

Crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

Trading. Shipping cargo between isles of archipelago for money (if you watch the difference/trends in prices for different goods).

Becoming a privateer. Capturing ships. Making a small fleet. Participating in naval battles.

Ability to improve your ship: durability, speed, maneuverability, cannons and crew count.

Becoming an admiral. Build a port or fort. Improve it.

And the list goes on.. but it looks like I answered a different question: "Crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not won't get)"

Love this idea.

I'd like a fully 3d world that plays somewhat like Skyrim, but is much much deeper in terms of character builds and combat mechanics. I'd like it to contain all of Eora, and contain a multitude of quests, and depending on where you start in the world, your "main story" could be radically different as your choices affect the world and its history.