crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

Honestly I would love co-op multiplayer similar to something like Divinity: Original Sin, where dialog is selected through RPS or some other mechanic. I know it would feel kind of shoehorned and may not work with the lore to have TWO Very Special People With Special Powers And Destinies but I would honestly have a lot of fun if I could join a friend, and do Path Of The Damned difficulty while dividing up responsibilities between me and a buddy.

Some kind of lore-less drop-in multiplayer co-op would be cool as heck in my opinion.

I know it will never happen, but that's what this thread is for right?

It would encourage proper purchases too, cut down on piracy if people had a reason to buy a copy to play with each-other.

Ugh, no. I'm so glad there are no cursed items. >.<

There is a cursed weapon in PoE.

Do you mean the Dissapointer or the Unlabored Blade? Both are "kinda" cursed but not really--the effect is temporary and limited to that weapon only.

I assumed they were talking about The Grey Sleeper where you cant unequipp it.

Yup. I'd have mentioned it, but thought it could be a spoiler to say so.

I wouldn't call the Grey Sleeper cursed, because while it can't be removed it has no negative effects and that's *really* important to the idea of a "cursed" item to me.

Really, PIllars only does half-baked "cursed" items--stuff that has negative penalties to the items effects, sometimes that can be overcome, or simply the "can't be removed" deal but with no negative effects associated with it. There are not any cursed items in the sense of items that bestow negative effects on the characters and cannot be removed until they are uncursed, which is really the definition of "cursed item" that I feel most people go on when they hear the term.

If you changed classes, recognition of this change. Like if the PC went from Cipher to Wizard, Eder might comment on their mind powers powers being gone or Aloth being surprised the PC os using a grimore. Just fluff but would be fairly interesting.

Recovery of special spells, like Concelhaut's Draining missles.

Pallengia romance narrated by Josh Sawyer and the Joshengia portrait.

33580137501_5c2a794b1e_o.png

Talents and spells for warrior wizards, like +×% damage after hitting with a spell and a spell that adds properties to weapons instead of conjuring new ones.

Better idea: Joshengina is Pellanginas long lost twin brother.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

Really, PIllars only does half-baked "cursed" items--stuff that has negative penalties to the items effects, sometimes that can be overcome, or simply the "can't be removed" deal but with no negative effects associated with it. There are not any cursed items in the sense of items that bestow negative effects on the characters and cannot be removed until they are uncursed, which is really the definition of "cursed item" that I feel most people go on when they hear the term.

Well, for good reasons, right? In most cases, you'd just save scum to get rid of any curses.

The disappointer is a gag, not a curse, and its very handy since provides some much needed extra cash in the beginning if you sell it to Heodan.

Edited by Heijoushin

Do you mean the Dissapointer or the Unlabored Blade? Both are "kinda" cursed but not really--the effect is temporary and limited to that weapon only.

I wouldn't call the Grey Sleeper cursed, because while it can't be removed it has no negative effects and that's *really* important to the idea of a "cursed" item to me.

There are many ways to build a cursed item, and they don't necessarily involve negative penalties. One just needs to open ones mind to the possibilities.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

On top of a lonely volcanic island is a towering peak with a long, winding road leading to the top. There, the intrepid PC will find a grotto inhabited by a slightly crazed hermit philosopher by the name of The Mighty Grecko. This scrawny-looking old man has amassed a surprisingly large library of scrolls and tomes that all speculate on the nature of souls and magic. Grecko's ultimate aim is to determine why the spiritual energy of an individual seems to be directly linked to their physical strength. He can discuss the topic at great length, listing all of the numerous conjectures for this condition and he endlessly wonders why a scrawny wizard is only able to summon the most paltry fireball spell. In the end, the only viable conclusion he has reached it that it is "the will of the gods". He shudders at the consequences should it be otherwise. :shifty:

• Like 3

There are many ways to build a cursed item, and they don't necessarily involve negative penalties. One just needs to open ones mind to the possibilities.

Yes, but when one says "cursed item" there is a conception in the average RPG players mind of what a cursed item is, and Pillars *does not do that*. That's my point; "cursed items" as are generally thought of are not a thing in this game, they do *other* things instead because they specifically dislike the "cursed items" trope.

Yes, but when one says "cursed item" there is a conception in the average RPG players mind of what a cursed item is, and Pillars *does not do that*. That's my point; "cursed items" as are generally thought of are not a thing in this game, they do *other* things instead because they specifically dislike the "cursed items" trope.

Aye, fair enough. But this is a thread for crazy ideas we most likely not get.  :)

No, it's just shorthand for a character archetype. Granted, it's a character archetype that I do not care about at all.

Fat ugly english chicks about the age of your mom is also a character archetype. But one that is not relevant for this kind of game. And one that I would like to keep out of discussions about this game.

---

We're all doomed

No, it's just shorthand for a character archetype. Granted, it's a character archetype that I do not care about at all.

Fat ugly english chicks about the age of your mom is also a character archetype. But one that is not relevant for this kind of game. And one that I would like to keep out of discussions about this game.

You mean "christmas cake"? Sorry, there's already one of those in PoE. It's a dwarf with a bow. You might have encountered her.

PS: "Ugly" is subjective. The fat english chick the age of my mom is actually a sexy archetype for plenty of people.

PPS: My mom gave birth to me at the age of 15, so she's actually pretty young.

• Like 2

I'd like to have access to an optional After Action Report with three different levels of detail: Low, Medium, and High. I'd like to be able to find out, for example, how effective my Paladin's heavy armor and estoc were against this particular foe, or how many hit points damage was inflicted by a wizard spell. Just some statistical summaries for us number crunchers.

• Like 4

Another thing that I'd like to see in the game is general movement animations that vary overall based on race and Dexterity as well as conditionally based on certain status effects like blindness, intoxication, and so forth. In addition to this, fighting animations would vary based on class/subclass, indirectly by race insofar as size differentials come into play,  weapon proficiency level as well as the weapons themselves/the use of particular modals and, optionally, a disposition set by the developers for companions/sidekicks or by the player of recruits/the Watcher (Clever/Shady animations would be more oriented towards surprise and misdirection, Aggressive would directly contrast with though two through its emphasis on directness and brute force, Cruel would focus on intimidation and gruesome kill animations, Rational and Stoic would be based on pragmatism and economy of motion, Benevolent would be more defensive in its focus and characterized by "clean" kill animations involving mercifully swift deaths and minimal disfigurement to the body, etc.)

• Like 3

You mean "christmas cake"? Sorry, there's already one of those in PoE. It's a dwarf with a bow. You might have encountered her.

PS: "Ugly" is subjective. The fat english chick the age of my mom is actually a sexy archetype for plenty of people.

PPS: My mom gave birth to me at the age of 15, so she's actually pretty young.

I think the point I made (if there was one) is that this archetype comes from another genre. You could use it in this genre, but either it would change the game (I dont really want to see PoE heading towards either of those genres) or be pointless (Would feel like a pop culture reference or whatever). Plus: Obsidian tries to make themselves free even from the classic fantasy stereotypes, why introduce new ones? Cause that is what your archetype is: A stereotype.

PS: I did not speak about your mom. I did speak about your archetypal mom.

---

We're all doomed

I wish Obsidian return to their original idea and make Wildstrike add bonus damage to all damage instead of just spiritshift melee.

And also to this:

"Over the course of the game, druids can acquire additional spiritshift forms to give them more options."

Source:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65829-update-74-the-mob-rulers-wizards-and-druids-and-our-partnership-with-paradox/

Edited by hilfazer

Vancian =/= per rest.

I hope not. Wildstrike damage got applied to Avenging Storms when that was introduced. And it was way too powerful so it got nerfed quickly. Imagine Returning Storm or Rot Skulls getting +60% shocking lash damage. Why play any other class then?  The druid would obliterate everything in solo mode. And imagine the complaints once a player has to fight such a druid and the whole party gets stunned and one-two-shotted by a Relentless Storm. Not funny...

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

How about people not walking right over a trap you just spotted, or instead of only being able to take the trap you can just turn it against your enemies. And maybe just maybe add bash to the appropriate list of ways to open a door or locked box

• Like 4

How about people not walking right over a trap you just spotted, or instead of only being able to take the trap you can just turn it against your enemies. And maybe just maybe add bash to the appropriate list of ways to open a door or locked box

With their improved pathfinding, I'd think something like this would be quite possible.

One thing I'd like to see, is more environmental play in encounters. In fact, that would be at the top of my list for PoE3 improvements. Expand on how the environment plays into combat.

• Like 2

One thing I'd like to see, is more environmental play in encounters. In fact, that would be at the top of my list for PoE3 improvements. Expand on how the environment plays into combat.

At least some of this is in, isn't it? Confer Aloth wading through sand.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

With their improved pathfinding, I'd think something like this would be quite possible.

You mean like in Original Sin?

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

You mean like in Original Sin?

I guess, but only partially, Original Sin can get a bit gimmicky when pushing that. When I commented my mind was mostly on traps, and I was thinking of ways to expand Rogues. Then I started thinking of Mortal Kombat and Bioshock. You want to avoid level design where npcs have random explosive barrels lying about. But... I think it would be neat if there were better prospects to setup a killing floor via traps. Where the flow of battle is inverted into more of a kiting maneuver. Perhaps in a way that is dependent on the layout of the environment.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If, at a certain point in the game, you haven't recruited a particular character, then he (or she) turns pirate and you may have to deal with the resulting depredations.

• 2 weeks later...

Another one:

Being able to enter a location Desperados style. Have one character disguise as a guard, one character climbs in through the balcony, one causes a distraction, etc.

Oceans Eleven style. Could potentially work in a scripted interaction.

Edit: And black powder. Can't unlock a chest? Blow it open with explosives or shoot it open.

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Another one:

Being able to enter a location Desperados style. Have one character disguise as a guard, one character climbs in through the balcony, one causes a distraction, etc.

Oceans Eleven style. Could potentially work in a scripted interaction.

This could work if you started an event and it simply started your party spread out on a map. Certain paths are blocked unless other characters do certain things. Your success could depend on earlier decisions before the sequence.

I like it!