crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

• You encounter a soul thief--a creature that is able to swap her soul for yours--and she puts you in her body. Your party doesn't believe who you claim to be, at least not initially, and you are left to fend for yourself bereft of most of your powers in a feeble body.

But powers are soul-powered, so… why? :)

Something about attunement to a particular body or something :)

I've just realized that I want a Darcozzi Paladini companion. Pallegina takes things way too seriously. I want a paladin who makes witty remarks and teaches me how to love life. Also, I think the concept of Darcozzi Paladini needs a little fleshing out. How exactly does one go about advancing the interests of the Darcozzi family?

Unified base values for Deflection and Accuracy, with Resolve and Perception having a bigger impact.

Wizards getting Arcane veil as their class feature instead of Arcane Assault.

At least 4 powers per Power level for Ciphers, compared to the two for 7 and 8.

Rogues being good.

Chanters being reworked so you can actually get Invocations off before the encounter is over. Also a rework of Phrases/Invocations, where Phrases have no level and Invocations follow the same level path of Spells and Powers(I-X, assuming progression works like PoE).

A rework of weapon damage with a formula: Weapon Damage = [((((Base Damage)*Quality)*Talents/Abilities)*Might)]+Lash*[((((Base Damage)*Quality)*Talents/Abilities)*Might)].

A soulbound katana with a quest to defeat a shapeshifting master of darkness who sends you into the future.

The talking weapon being Durance's soul bound in a blunderbuss and shouting obscenities or making lewd jokes.

Attribute points every X level(s).

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Non-human corporeal undead.

YES - spectral sea monsters. Also vampire-mermaids.. oh and, just because: Were-trees!

Also:

Drinking contest-esque quest with the usual consequences (blackout + lost gear and you have to talk yourself through a series of embarassing situations; with a +1 that reacts accordingly obviously).

Overall less serious quests that give companions a lot more color - like a quest where you or someone else annoys the s*** out of a party member. Like driving off an over eager admirer for Pallegina (hello Nicola Tes* Noober 2.0)... or helping Edér scare off a taxidermist with the help of a smuggled wild animal. Get creative, and so on..

Extra also:

Tame a drake or dragon - thanks.

Extra Edit: obviously a Nicola Tesla reference with Pallegina going full tsundere*** would be nice too (even if it has a tendency to go into unsavoury bioware territory)

***Super Extra Edit for Lord_Mord: having a range of unusual reactions does make it more fun; as such beeing initially violently opposed with a contraire outcome would be as much a joke about stereotypes as about player expectations; for me the term does satisfy the discription of the desired situation tho, but oh well...

Edited by Duskshift
  • Like 1

Walkpathing that isn't broken during combat...  :ermm:

There's not much worse than giving a character an order during a critical battle then watch them rapidly twitch back and forth because they can't figure out which way to go.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I would absolutely love to see an island of misfits, consisting of a bearded fish woman, a muscle-less ogre, a sad mega octopus without tentacles etc, etc.

A pet Cthulhu that absords enemies and brings me gold and other items from the ocean, it would also bring items for you every once in a while.

A spell to calm the waters so my ship does not get damaged in a severe sea storm, since storms damage ship, cause loss of crew and damage morale of all on-board.

• Like 3

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Some type of benefit for matching up a helmet type with your armor type (or a penalty for not doing so). It looks really weird to have my Rogue or Wizard walking around in light armor and, say, a great helm.

• Like 1

A spell to calm the waters so my ship does not get damaged in a severe sea storm, since storms damage ship, cause loss of crew and damage morale of all on-board.

And another spell, it's opposite in nature, to bring winds if becalmed since *nobody* wants to row.

• Like 3

I  would personally want to see in Pillars of Eternity 2:

1) Add on (yes, there will be atleast one, that is promised and allready payed for for some of us) with: Story what have something to do, something to add, for orginal story. Making storyline deeper and more meaningfull. After all let's say a decade after when people will buy this game they get ALL of it, including modules what are made bit later.

1.5) IF we get more companions during this add on I wish and hope they have something to say/give/do/interact during mainstory / game. Not only for new content.

1. A soulknife subclass for ciphers using a modal ability similar to the Reaping Knives power from Pillars 1 with partially resettable enchantment options and unique powers to temporarily boost its damage/features at the cost of being unable to bind with soulbound weapons.

2. Unique dialogue options based on low intellect/intoxication/current injuries.

3. Concelhaut's skull as a recruitable NPC.

I love all three of these, especially number 1; soulknife is my favorite class. Also, killing someone with a weapon formed of your intent to kill them is the best kind of... recursion? Is that recursion?  What word can we use there?

a sofa in my office

I support you getting a sofa in your office. We must support the artists.

Not actually a crazy idea, but being able to select a faith (including none at all).  So you can choose to be Eothasian even if you're not a priest to heighten your bro-force with Eder.

I like it, it's a small touch, but the small touches are important.  It could even come up with a few dialogue choices down the line. "Now, I'm not a man of the cloth, but Magran would want us to... SHOOT THEM![initiate ambush battle]"

A vessel vessel.

Got it ? Got it ?

A ship with a soul ! 

That could actually windup being in the game, as we may get a ship stronghold this time around.

I want to talk to my ship and not be crazy.  Kind of like how I could talk to my fortress in PoE1 and not be crazy.

An intelligent, sentient weapon that is a full companion. With thoughts, desires, goals, conversations, much to say, a quest line of their own, a narrative arc, etc.

That could be fun, but I feel like it would be difficult for it to be implemented; would you want to see it as an actual item that someone wields, as a character with a class level, etc.?

One dedicated quest per character background if origin is Deadfire. A quest for escaped slaves, a quest for former laborers, etc.

This sounds like fun on paper, but then it's not fair if you decide to take a non-Deadfire origin; what would those people get?

Do you like hardcore realistic survival simulations? Take a gander at this.

1. A soulknife subclass for ciphers using a modal ability similar to the Reaping Knives power from Pillars 1 with partially resettable enchantment options and unique powers to temporarily boost its damage/features at the cost of being unable to bind with soulbound weapons.

2. Unique dialogue options based on low intellect/intoxication/current injuries.

3. Concelhaut's skull as a recruitable NPC.

I love all three of these, especially number 1; soulknife is my favorite class. Also, killing someone with a weapon formed of your intent to kill them is the best kind of... recursion? Is that recursion?  What word can we use there?

a sofa in my office

I support you getting a sofa in your office. We must support the artists.

Not actually a crazy idea, but being able to select a faith (including none at all).  So you can choose to be Eothasian even if you're not a priest to heighten your bro-force with Eder.

I like it, it's a small touch, but the small touches are important.  It could even come up with a few dialogue choices down the line. "Now, I'm not a man of the cloth, but Magran would want us to... SHOOT THEM![initiate ambush battle]"

A vessel vessel.

Got it ? Got it ?

A ship with a soul ! 

That could actually windup being in the game, as we may get a ship stronghold this time around.

I want to talk to my ship and not be crazy.  Kind of like how I could talk to my fortress in PoE1 and not be crazy.

An intelligent, sentient weapon that is a full companion. With thoughts, desires, goals, conversations, much to say, a quest line of their own, a narrative arc, etc.

That could be fun, but I feel like it would be difficult for it to be implemented; would you want to see it as an actual item that someone wields, as a character with a class level, etc.?

One dedicated quest per character background if origin is Deadfire. A quest for escaped slaves, a quest for former laborers, etc.

This sounds like fun on paper, but then it's not fair if you decide to take a non-Deadfire origin; what would those people get?

1) The sentient weapon would be an item but also a character with class levels just like any companion. Think about it; the way souls and vessels work, the item in question would in fact be a person with all that persons knowledge, memories, etc. Difficult to implement, yes. In fact, it's a crazy idea we'll probably never get, but damn would it be awesome. :-D

2) They simply wouldn't get that questline, just as in BG there are questlines you don't get if you don't have the right class. I don't have a problem with some content being gated in this kind of set-up; in my mind, it encourages replays with different character builds to experience the other content. There are aspects of ME2 that don't exist if you don't have a save file from ME 1; same basic concept, just more interwoven into the experience.

I can think of a handful of things

Golems. We get to see one with 'The Devil of Caroc' and it was really cool. The whole 'soul bound to metal' idea is one of my favorite concepts in fantasy.

I could totally imagine there is some crazed Animacer out there who charges nobles a ton of money to be turned into Golems so they can live forever (I believe it was mentioned in the Guide Book that people have tried using Animcany to live forever, with mixed results)

More returning Companions from Pillars 1

I don't want them to come back to follow me around, but just seeing them again would be lovely. Especially Durance. If he doesn't have some sort of roll in Deadfire I'm going to be very disappointed if he doesn't have something to do with the plot. Or at least a side quest. After all, he DID help bring Ethoas down, and is under the assumption that he is some sort of God killing badass. So, seeing him would be nice.

More strong hold customization. And by strong hold I mean your ship. Being able to decorate it a bit more to your cabin more to your liking would be nice.

It is human nature to seek culpability in a time of tragedy. It is a sign of strength to cry out against fate, rather than to bow one’s head and succumb. Inevitably many will fault the hands upon the sword which felled Typhon, the Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of its office. To further fear them is redundant; to hate them, heretical. Those more sensible will place responsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune, they may foster this hatred into purpose, and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor’s service.

Yet ultimately, it was I who set these events into motion, with a single blow from my hammer, God Splitter.

-Gabriel Angelos, of the Blood Ravens 4th Company

I can think of a handful of things

Golems. We get to see one with 'The Devil of Caroc' and it was really cool. The whole 'soul bound to metal' idea is one of my favorite concepts in fantasy.

I could totally imagine there is some crazed Animacer out there who charges nobles a ton of money to be turned into Golems so they can live forever (I believe it was mentioned in the Guide Book that people have tried using Animcany to live forever, with mixed results)

More returning Companions from Pillars 1

I don't want them to come back to follow me around, but just seeing them again would be lovely. Especially Durance. If he doesn't have some sort of roll in Deadfire I'm going to be very disappointed if he doesn't have something to do with the plot. Or at least a side quest. After all, he DID help bring Ethoas down, and is under the assumption that he is some sort of God killing badass. So, seeing him would be nice.

More strong hold customization. And by strong hold I mean your ship. Being able to decorate it a bit more to your cabin more to your liking would be nice.

An elaborate narrative around a FMA Alphonse-esque golem would be really neat. I'd love that. Once the practice becomes understood I can see it as a way of imprisoning people in bodies that are meant to serve a particular function, or perhaps a manner of augmenting themselves. Or simply a way of surviving beyond a mortal wound in hopes to restore oneself.

• Like 1

My ship's strong hold is going to be busy storing kegs of ale. I'd like a crane please so I can keep it well stocked, plus a few female companions to entertain the crew.

Edited by rjshae

going full tsundere

Notice that everytime I read a manga/anime term outside a manga/anime context, I rape a Pokemon.

Seriously: Where do you people suddenly come from? What has PoE to do with Anime? There is enough Anime outthere these days. Please leave the oldschool-fantasy-retro-stuff to the oldschool-fantasy-retro-stuff people. I lived throught this once when I was a teenager. I saw a whole genre being buried under piles of fluffy monsters, over-the-top-high-fantasy-gear and horny gothic teenager girls in mini skirts. I don't think I can handle it a second time.

• Like 2

---

We're all doomed

I couldn't care less about the well-being of Pokemon. Have fun. :grin:

These terms can simply be used as general character and plot descriptors. Saying one character is "tsundere" doesn't necessarily mean that there's any Anime stuff involved. (I'd have a hard time understanding these terms, but they're not restricted to particular genres, per se.)

The whole 'soul bound to metal' idea is one of my favorite concepts in fantasy.

Living ships! Moya, here we come! :grin:

Edited by Varana

Therefore I have sailed the seas and come

To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

Χριστός ἀνέστη!

I want to see interesting but uselees for players feeature   - special animations for disabled people(and disabled humans themselves). In PoE 1 we can see children, even kill them, but we didn't see any soldiers who were injured and lost  their legs or hands and can not move without Crutches. So, i think it will be great for the game's atmosphere if we can see such people, it makes the world even "more alive and real". Hope, i'll see this feature in the game. 

• Like 1

"Magic is Chaos, Art and Science. It is a curse, a blessing and a progression."

Yennefer of Vengerberg