crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

I liked Tides of Numenera's "mind scan" (mind reading) feature. Unlike PoE's full "dive into a dream/past" thing, it just picks up surface thoughts. In many cases, its amusing to learn what a person's true feelings are. Of course, you can't give that to the Cipher, because then everyone will play them for the extra dialogue. But maybe as part of the watcher's powers?

• Like 2

I liked Tides of Numenera's "mind scan" (mind reading) feature. Unlike PoE's full "dive into a dream/past" thing, it just picks up surface thoughts. In many cases, its amusing to learn what a person's true feelings are. Of course, you can't give that to the Cipher, because then everyone will play them for the extra dialogue. But maybe as part of the watcher's powers?

The beauty of having things like that as a skill that you have to choose is that it creates a trade-off between player desire; that skill takes the place of something more combat oriented. For players that care about narration and dialogue, they'll take that one at least on the first playthrough. For players who don't care about such things, they'll ignore it.

The beauty of having things like that as a skill that you have to choose is that it creates a trade-off between player desire; that skill takes the place of something more combat oriented. For players that care about narration and dialogue, they'll take that one at least on the first playthrough. For players who don't care about such things, they'll ignore it.

The thing is, when PoE came out, there were so many people who wanted to create characters with high RES, INT & PER just so that they wouldn't miss any dialogue. People really obsess about those things. So giving one class out of 11 something so cool strikes me as a little unbalanced.

• Like 2

Forgot to add --- I'd like to see..err...hear more ambiance sounds. For example, while walking around the village of Gilded Vale, you don't hear any village chatter or random NPC sounds (like they had in Baldur's Gate). It's simply music and the sound of your party's footsteps. I can SEE that I'm in a village but I would like Hear that I'm in a village as well.

• Like 7

An intelligent, sentient weapon that is a full companion. With thoughts, desires, goals, conversations, much to say, a quest line of their own, a narrative arc, etc.

Perhaps a sentient weapon that has "lost its mind", so to speak, in the form of various appendages (gems?) formerly attached to the hilt. As these are recovered, more background on the weapon is gained, and possibly additional powers are unlocked.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Forgot to add --- I'd like to see..err...hear more ambiance sounds. For example, while walking around the village of Gilded Vale, you don't hear any village chatter or random NPC sounds (like they had in Baldur's Gate). It's simply music and the sound of your party's footsteps. I can SEE that I'm in a village but I would like Hear that I'm in a village as well.

Sounds, those are good. Random chatter need to be quite diverse for it to work. Listening to the same thing over and over and over is pretty painful: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/88151-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa/

Pillars of Bugothas

An intelligent, sentient weapon that is a full companion. With thoughts, desires, goals, conversations, much to say, a quest line of their own, a narrative arc, etc.

Perhaps a sentient weapon that has "lost its mind", so to speak, in the form of various appendages (gems?) formerly attached to the hilt. As these are recovered, more background on the weapon is gained, and possibly additional powers are unlocked.

Perhaps it starts out "mute" and, in addition to new powers and abilities, you unlock more interactivity as it's "mind" is restored.

Super frivolous and totally not worth the programming time, but....

It'd be cool to have more ability to interact with vanity pets and some degree of in world reactivity to them. It would be cool to be able to pet Pumpkin's belly and have him nip at me, or have a quest giver question why I'm being followed around by a tiny obsidian wurm.

• Like 1

YES. I hope the sound design improves in the new game overall. I hated the looping ambient "tavern noise" inside pretty much any building in POE1. Playing with headphones it was something that started to stick out like a sore thumb--particularly when I'd listened to it so much just by playing the game that I could start to make out actual, individual conversations in the noise. I'm pretty sure someone just recorded sounds from various real-world get togethers or parties.

Some kind of fighting tournament that we can enter

Also agree on the thought reading. That was cool

I wouldn't might this either. I mean, I doubt it would be a very deep part of the game, but just as an excuse to fight interesting and exotic opponents. Perhaps with separate categories for 1v1 matches and team matches. 

Aedyr clothing strikes me as very greco-roman. Maybe when we go to Aedyr in PoE3, we'll get a Colosseum ;)

• Like 1

We are captured by a warlord. He imprisons us and sentences us to death. The main char must fight some animals in the arena alone and naked. After the victory I have to fight some guards. Then I fight or sneak my way through the inside of the arena, get my things back, free my companions and finally we attack the bad guy.

This can be avoided when you meet them the first time.

You could fight his army right away or you help them and sell them slaves for the arena.

Scurvy

It's not all that difficult to get scurvy, if you really want it ;)

Actually, in the modern Western world of enriched extruded products, scurvy is harder to get than you think. ;)

• Like 1

Some kind of fighting tournament that we can enter

Also agree on the thought reading. That was cool

That one doesn't strike me as particularly crazy. It's an RPG staple, I suspect many people would find it fun, and it wouldn't be out of place in Pirate Land.