crazy ideas you like to have (but most likely not get)

A vessel vessel.

Got it ? Got it ?

A ship with a soul ! 

would rather have a ship with soul.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Druid variant which is not dedicated to one form, but can evolve during combat stacking more and more mutation in monstrous shape form. Like 4 arms + extra strenght + tali + wings + poison + carpace armour + antlers + dragon fire breath + poisonous cloud around us... 

Ship with soul and all that jazz is also good .

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

I want non offensive spells to be usable in non combat escenarios. like using a clone of yourself to fool a guard in to following you.

I've always loved the Ultima games for the huge amount of "utility spells" you get. Even silly little ones like lighting a candle with magic. Magic isn't just a gun.

But alas, since you can't cast outside of combat, I don't think PoE will ever go in this direction.

• Like 1

I want non offensive spells to be usable in non combat escenarios. like using a clone of yourself to fool a guard in to following you.

We saw some out of combat uses for offensive spells during scripted interactions in the White March. With the developers planning to make more extensive use of scripted interactions overall in Pillars 2, we might see such applications for defensive spells and those few utility spells that are in the game as well. Just having a chance to put such abilities to less conventional uses is great, but I'd also hope that they also take advantage of the opportunity to show off a bit more of how these spells/powers/invocations/etc. work in greater depth than we'd normally see while using them in combat. Whisper of Treason, for example, might draw on lingering grudges and latent hostilities to turn your enemies against each other, The Lover Cried Out (...) invocation might make the chanter take on the semblance of a loved one in the eyes of the target, using Form of the Helpless Beast might also render speech impossible and confer a pig's instincts, etc.

I saw it in scripted interactions but that's not what I want. I want the possibility to use spells and. abilities outside of combat to come up with creative and unexpected solutions to problems. I know it's hard to balance around that, but the op asked for unlikely ideas.

• Like 2

In Vampire the Bloodlines there was a nice gimmick of using our powers in conversation like driving cops mad with dementia, or domination. That is something.

But it could also create the feeling that wizard/cipher gets so much more.

Our watchers powers are more neutral.

I get there are balance and implementation issues. thats why I think it won't be implemented. but it does seem tempting to think about.

imaging blinding someone to steal from him, kill enemies by surprisingly melting the ice where they stand, charm a judge to change.a veredict, escaping jail by magically switching places with the guard.

I suppose there is a limit how many things you can put into game and still have some consumers for that.

A lot of things had be done, but always just a few mechanic.

• Using mind powers in conversation (Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor, Witcher)
  • Using spells to interact with surrounding in form of puzzles (Magica, Bioshock, Jedi Knight)
  • Using "magic" to distract guards (Dishonored, SplinterCell, Commandos)
  • Using our powers for our own desire with no regard to fabric of time (Life is Strange)

In scripted interaction there was some references to our abilities, and i think ciphers got something.

Using fireball to crush some walls and open passage, or fun of flames to ignite something does not sound to far fetched (there was a video with igniting some barrels)

It is too much work to implement everywhere, but having a couple of times "use fireball to blow wall" in scripted interaction... not that extreme.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 3

I suppose there is a limit how many things you can put into game and still have some consumers for that.

A lot of things had be done, but always just a few mechanic.

• Using mind powers in conversation (Vampire Bloodlines, Kotor, Witcher)
  • Using spells to interact with surrounding in form of puzzles (Magica, Bioshock, Jedi Knight)
  • Using "magic" to distract guards (Dishonored, SplinterCell, Commandos)
  • Using our powers for our own desire with no regard to fabric of time (Life is Strange)

In scripted interaction there was some references to our abilities, and i think ciphers got something.

Using fireball to crush some walls and open passage, or fun of flames to ignite something does not sound to far fetched (there was a video with igniting some barrels)

It is too much work to implement everywhere, but having a couple of times "use fireball to blow wall" in scripted interaction... not that extreme.

I completely agree with you. It wold be good if each class had at least 5-10 unique interactions in the game, it's nothing too fancy but it would ad a lot towards the RP elements and to feel unique.

Some examples:

Hunters and Druids should have an easy time with animal interactions.

Fighters should have an easy time doing anything athletic even if the character don't have high might or athletics, their martial training should be enough for that.

Chanters desperately needs more interactions, such as being able to summon spirits to help with puzzles.

And more animations, idle animations, sword fighting animations and so on.

Edited by molotov.
  • Like 1

All the wonderful backers helped ensure most of my "want" list will be implemented into the game (go us)!

However, there are always a couple of things I can add:

Meaningful, explorable areas - most areas in POE1 were empty once you killed the wildlife. I'd like to see more areas packed with content and quests.

Cities stuffed to the brim with content - think Athkatla and Baludurs Gate. Defiance Bay was a skeleton in comparison.

Bigger variety of animations - especially those used for combat.

Much larger pool of recruitable companions - perhaps companions that are more "evil" in nature. I always liked how the BG series had a wealth of companions to choose from based on what alignment you were.

• Like 2