alternative facts

Gromnir

You are wrong Gromnir. There really WAS a Bowling Green massacre. Last September Ohio State beat them 77-10, That must be what Conway was talking about!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Loyalty is its own reward I see.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You are wrong Gromnir. There really WAS a Bowling Green massacre. Last September Ohio State beat them 77-10, That must be what Conway was talking about!

possible.  am knowing ohio state has more than a few student-athletes who likely scored worse on their sat/act than would the typical somali refugee, but as flagrant as is urban meyer's abusing o' ncaa regulations when he were at florida and now at ohio st. is hardly rising to the level o' terrorism.  close, perhaps.

Pelosi just said she can't work with President Bush. I'm not butthurt like some, so I'll just say she misspoke.

am thinking you aren't quite getting into the spirit o' the this the way vol did.  a simple slip o' tongue, momentarily confusing new hampshire for vermont, or similar such stuff is not gonna get the alternative facts treatment.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

possible.  am knowing ohio state has more than a few student-athletes who likely scored worse on their sat/act than would the typical somali refugee, but as flagrant as is urban meyer's abusing o' ncaa regulations when he were at florida and now at ohio st. is hardly rising to the level o' terrorism.  close, perhaps.

Only if you are a Michigan fan.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Spicer in on it, apparently, as well

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/sean-spicer-imagines-atlanta-terror-attack-defend-travel-ban-article-1.2967096

Easy to work in a sports joke I suppose

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

“I watched last night in amazement and I heard things that I couldn’t believe, things that really had nothing to do with what I just read."

“I don’t ever want to call a court biased, so I won’t call it biased, and we haven’t had a decision yet, but courts seem to be so political and it would be so great for our justice system if they would be able to read a statement and do what’s right, and that has to do with the security of our country, which is so important.”

“I was a good student, I understand things, I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody. And I want to tell you that I listened to a bunch of stuff last night on television that was disgraceful, it was disgraceful, because what I just read to you is what we have and it just can’t be written any plainer or better.”

Trump really should be a president for life of some banana republic.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

“I watched last night in amazement and I heard things that I couldn’t believe, things that really had nothing to do with what I just read."

“I don’t ever want to call a court biased, so I won’t call it biased, and we haven’t had a decision yet, but courts seem to be so political and it would be so great for our justice system if they would be able to read a statement and do what’s right, and that has to do with the security of our country, which is so important.”

“I was a good student, I understand things, I comprehend very well, OK? Better than, I think, almost anybody. And I want to tell you that I listened to a bunch of stuff last night on television that was disgraceful, it was disgraceful, because what I just read to you is what we have and it just can’t be written any plainer or better.”

Trump really should be a president for life of some banana republic.

He might get to be anyway. All he needs to do is start pushing up daisies during the next 8 years and he was president for life. He is kind of old anyway, and lots of presidents died in office. *shrug*

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Trump seems like a pretty contemptible person, but wishing for his death seems a bit harsh.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

It's just like 2001 again.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sorry, I don't catch the meaning. People thinking the same for Bush? ...Course, others thought the same for Obama, and others still thought and even planned worse than that still for both of them, and I'm sure the same will be true for Trump.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Sorry, I don't catch the meaning. People thinking the same for Bush? ...Course, others thought the same for Obama, and others still thought and even planned worse than that still for both of them, and I'm sure the same will be true for Trump.

Oh, there were quite a lot of hoping for Bush to die to downright assassination-fantasies on other gaming-forums i frequented back in the day. Point being that things haven't changed much.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't know, Trump seems to have incited the disdain of a good deal more of the typically moderate or apolitical crowd than any of our recent Presidents. Sure, the typical liberal is going to froth at the mouth just like they did with Bush, but that is to be expected. Just like the hardcore conservatives are going to blame the media for all of their woes. But the divide seems much sharper right now with very few people landing in the middle.

I don't know, Trump seems to have incited the disdain of a good deal more of the typically moderate or apolitical crowd than any of our recent Presidents. Sure, the typical liberal is going to froth at the mouth just like they did with Bush, but that is to be expected. Just like the hardcore conservatives are going to blame the media for all of their woes. But the divide seems much sharper right now with very few people landing in the middle.

Seems like a general trend though; it's getting more and more difficult to stay moderate in the polarized U.S. political environment. It's not a very healthy environment for democracy.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Both start and end with vowels and have "lan" in the middle.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-questions-credibility-of-senator-who-disclosed-comments-by-judge-gorsuch/ar-AAmL7Aj?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

multiple sources has confirmed gorsuch comments, but trump loves alternative facts.

gorsuch were our personal top pick 'mongst trump's finalists.  is our opinion gorsuch would be, from day 1, the third best writer on the Court.  given time he might even eclipse roberts, though am thinking kagan gots a significant lead.  from our perspective, gorsuch is a bit too polite in dissent, and am suspecting he lacks the humor and wit o' a scalia or kagan.  for those who is unaware, kagan actual used a dr. seuss cite in a dissent from 2015.  regardless, am hopeful trump alternative facts doesn't impact gorsuch confirmation.

HA! Good Fun!

No they don't, read more carefully:

Ron Bonjean, a spokesman aiding Gorsuch in the confirmation process, largely confirmed Blumenthal’s account, saying Gorsuch didn’t use the word “abhorrent” but did say “disheartening” and “demoralizing.”

Don't know why Gorsuch is conspiring with his enemies against the man who nominated him though, talk about an ingrate. If he has something to say, say it to Trump's face.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan