While I liked PoE, the one thing I didn't like was that the White March content was mixed with the main game content. This meant that you were either too high for the WM or for the main game content.

If you add expansions, can you make them occur after the main game is completed like throne of baahl in BG2?

I think it's really great they mixed the expansions into the main game. That way you can decide where to go first and that way you can use all the new items and talents/abilities and so on right in the main campain. Upscaling makes sure that encounters don't become too easy.

I see only disadvantages if you exclude an expansion from the main game and do like a small sequel instead of a real expansion.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If there's a new companion available in the expansion, it would be great they make it available as soon as possible. Getting that  character doesn't mean you'll trigger the expansion quests. As for the content, i would prefer post end game advancing the story and possibly introducing someone or something that could hype my level of satisfaction to bridge the gap for a sequel.

I think it's really great they mixed the expansions into the main game. That way you can decide where to go first and that way you can use all the new items and talents/abilities and so on right in the main campain. Upscaling makes sure that encounters don't become too easy.

I see only disadvantages if you exclude an expansion from the main game and do like a small sequel instead of a real expansion.

The problem I found with content scaling is that it was just stupidly hard and was no fun. I always say no to content scaling.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

It depends how you play the game, when you do what and so on. I hardly felt a difference except with bouties in WMII.

Josh already said that the scaling mechanism wasn't too good in PoE1. They might want to install a smarter one in PoE2. Likely in a way that encounters automatically scale a bit with level. Not too much like in Skyrim or Tyranny though.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods