Can't use or drag Ingredients and Quest Items in Stash

Hello. I can't seem to be able to use Ingredients and Quest Items in Stash. I can't drag or transfer them anywhere. For other items in stash, like food and weapons, works absolutely fine.

I was at level 4 when I learn that I can enchant my weapons. Too bad before that I had put every  single items in the Stash. Now I can't enchant my weapons, because the ingredients needed for enchanting are in the Stash. It's so frustrating.

I tried going back to my Stronghold in Caed Nua (because I read somewhere, you can access the items when in the stronghold) but I still can't do anything. Is it a bug? Please help.

• Like 1

That's because those items are used automatically. Ingrediences are used automatically when you enchant equipment, brew potions, write scrolls or cook food. You can't do anything else with them.

Same for quest items: they are used automatically when you advance in a quest. You can't do anything else with them. Some of them can be converted via quest: from quest items to "real" items that you can equip, for example Osric's Family Breastplate or some amulets or the March Stell Dagger. As long as they are in "quest item mode" you can't equip them or anything, not even sell them. Once you solve the quest in a special way you can gain the quest item as normal item. Most quest items are just quest items though. They are only good for advancing in a quest.

Keys also fall under that category by the way.

That's why you can't do anything with those items. It's no bug or anything. It's just like the game handles those items so that you don't confuse them, lose them or sell them.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That's because those items are used automatically. Ingrediences are used automatically when you enchant equipment, brew potions, write scrolls or cook food. You can't do anything else with them.

Same for quest items: they are used automatically when you advance in a quest. You can't do anything else with them. Some of them can be converted via quest: from quest items to "real" items that you can equip, for example Osric's Family Breastplate or some amulets or the March Stell Dagger. As long as they are in "quest item mode" you can't equip them or anything, not even sell them. Once you solve the quest in a special way you can gain the quest item as normal item. Most quest items are just quest items though. They are only good for advancing in a quest.

Keys also fall under that category by the way.

That's why you can't do anything with those items. It's no bug or anything. It's just like the game handles those items so that you don't confuse them, lose them or sell them.

You said 'Ingredients are used automatically when you enchant equipment'.

The problem is I can't do that. I tried to enchant a weapon, and I have all the ingredients needed. Except they are in the Stash.

Because they're in the Stash, I can't do the enchanting.

Sure you can enchant fine weapons. You can pt a secondary damage lash on them, you can upgrade them from fine to exceptional and so on. You're doing something wrong if this doesn't work for you.

What you can't do is enchant a fine weapon with damaging or accurate - because fine is already a combination of damaging and accurate.

Fine, exceptional and superb and so on as well as accurate and damaging are quality enchantments which are mutually exclusive. But fine, exceptional etc. always beats accurate and damaging.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods