I would love to back this game . . .

I backed Pillars of Eternity, I enjoyed it, I'd like to back Pillars 2, but on top of fig.co not playing nicely with my credit union (which isn't rare), they also won't take paypal, which is my usual way around anything that doesn't play nicely with my credit union. It can't be helped, after the 2000s and what happened with many normal banks, myself, my entire family, and our friends all dropped normal banks. We all use credit unions now, and, for a number of reasons, we run into this trouble now and then. Paypal has long been a way around that, for situations like this, but, apparently, that just won't happen this time.

I am sorry. I really would love to back this game, but fig.co unlike Kickstarter (which I backed you on) just refuses on every level to let me back a developer I've enjoyed games from for years, and would gladly back again, and again and again. You've delivered consistently. I'll gladly buy the game when it comes out, as Steam, GOG, and other distribution platforms, are perfectly happy to take my money, much like Kickstarter was perfectly happy to accept my money and let me fund PoE without trouble.

This is less a complaint and more a statement of support, I can't support you now, but I will once the game comes out. Best of luck.

P.S., please never use fig.co again, I'd actually like to be able to back your games in the future.

• Like 1

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

They are working on a PayPal option. They have said that multiple times. I believe they plan on trying it in to the backer portal. I'd wait until the end of the campaign before I'd give up.

Fair enough.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

- Pride and Prejudice

Not something I'd consider particularly cheery news at the moment. Oh well, maybe he can ask fig.co to make friends with paypal.

Edited by grumpymoose

- Pride and Prejudice

He said in the Fig comments the PayPal option should be made available by Wednesday at the latest via the backer portal, and Fig will periodically add those pledges to the total so we can see how we're faring toward stretch goals.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

KickStarter isn't perfect with its credit card processing either, that's why Obsidian had a paypal option for PoE (which was also setup a while after the campaign started). Fig has a few benefits over KickStarter that make it a better option for Obsidian, which should help them get more funds which benefits all backers.

KickStarter isn't perfect with its credit card processing either

Yeah, but Kickstarter also offered Amazon payments which works like a dream.

I haven't been given the option for Amazon payments from KickStarter for over a year. It does work like a dream, I have paypal, amazon payments, and google checkout (RIP?) accounts but they charge more for their services so less money goes to the developer.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot