I'm sure it's posted somewhere but how demanding is POE2 going to be in comparison to POE1 I have a fairly old computer which is starting to get to the point where I can't just assume a game will work for me (4GB Ram, Intel Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, ASUS R7 250X 1GB)

Side-query: Anyone with similar specs manage to run Tyranny? It's holding me back from buying it. (Can you run it says I can't but it also says Tales of Berseria won't run for me on low settings but I'm currently playing it on High)

They've said that it will have comparable specs to the first game. It's far too early for definitive specs though. Specs don't usually get posted until closer to release, and they just hit full production a few weeks or a month ago (I can't remember exactly how long, but they've said as much). So, there is bound to be optimizations, and the like. Especially around the time they release the backer beta.

They've said that it will have comparable specs to the first game. It's far too early for definitive specs though. Specs don't usually get posted until closer to release, and they just hit full production a few weeks or a month ago (I can't remember exactly how long, but they've said as much). So, there is bound to be optimizations, and the like. Especially around the time they release the backer beta.

Glad I'm not just blind and it's not actually there somewhere...the "comparable specs" is encouraging though...just all the talk of higher resolution models and the enhanced spell effects have me a bit worried. Thanks :D

• Like 1

My laptop is slightly worse than yours. In PoE the only problems I had were pretty long loading times and small lag while moving items around in the inventory. In Tyranny loading times were even longer plus in some areas there were special weather effects which caused terrible lags, making it really hard to move characters. I finished the game anyway because the story is amazing, but dealing with those issues wasn't pleasant. Those effects were specific to the game and I believe they won't appear in PoE2, but someone from Obsidian mentioned that there will be storms, and in my experience they might affect the performance. Time to start saving up for a new PC :p

The long loading times in PoE were specific to certain configurations and mostly independent of how powerful the hardware was. I ran into them with a pretty good SSD, a relatively new quad-core CPU and a fairly decent GPU; they persisted until one of the patches did something about them.

The Core 2 Duo E7400 in the original post is really old and probably not officially supported by anything any more, but given that CPU improvement has greatly slowed (Core 2 was the last big change and Sandy Bridge was the last medium one), it might still work.

Thanks for the response guys, I've PC gamed my whole life and know how to install hardware and software and deal with most technical issues but PC specs have always confused me. Really worried about picking up Tyranny now...hopefully I'll get a chance to upgrade by Next year for POE2.

Maybe you should upgrade your core components once in a decade. Your CPU is almost 10 years old, and it wasn't exactly a powerhouse even on launch. You can find a decent used kit of quad-core CPU, motherboard and 8 GB RAM for mere 200 USD or EUR.

Also, R7 250X is rebadged Radeon HD 7770 which was launched five years ago as a mid-range graphics card, but it will work fine.

Maybe you should upgrade your core components once in a decade. Your CPU is almost 10 years old, and it wasn't exactly a powerhouse even on launch. You can find a decent used kit of quad-core CPU, motherboard and 8 GB RAM for mere 200 USD or EUR.

Also, R7 250X is rebadged Radeon HD 7770 which was launched five years ago as a mid-range graphics card, but it will work fine.

Sadly, 200$ isn't "mere" to me and I'd likely have to replace my motherboard to upgrade anyways. Also I wasn't complaining, just asking.

Edited by Failedlegend

Sadly, 200$ isn't "mere" to me and I'd likely have to replace my motherboard to upgrade anyways. Also I wasn't complaining, just asking.

If you can swing it, you may look for a used PC on Craig's List, eBay, yard sales, pawn shop, or something equivalent. When I've been strapped for cash I've hit pawn shops/yard sales and snagged a PC that was better than I had for pretty cheap. Then slap you gfx card in it, and voila. You could easily find someone selling a Sandy bridge system for a couple hundred or less, and it would do fine. I've helped friends find cheap PCs this way as well, and more recently. Just a suggestion. Edited by Ganrich

If you can swing it, you may look for a used PC on Craig's List, eBay, yard sales, pawn shop, or something equivalent. When I've been strapped for cash I've hit pawn shops/yard sales and snagged a PC that was better than I had for pretty cheap. Then slap you gfx card in it, and voila. You could easily find someone selling a Sandy bridge system for a couple hundred or less, and it would do fine. I've helped friends find cheap PCs this way as well, and more recently. Just a suggestion.

Yeah I'll be keeping an eye out on craig's list, etc. :D

• Like 1

If you can swing it, you may look for a used PC on Craig's List, eBay, yard sales, pawn shop, or something equivalent. When I've been strapped for cash I've hit pawn shops/yard sales and snagged a PC that was better than I had for pretty cheap. Then slap you gfx card in it, and voila. You could easily find someone selling a Sandy bridge system for a couple hundred or less, and it would do fine. I've helped friends find cheap PCs this way as well, and more recently. Just a suggestion.

Good luck! I don't know what games you play (other than PoE), but if you aren't big on modern AAA games you can get away with murder on a used system. Also, I forgot to add Salvation Army and Good Will to that list if you have them locally.

PoE1 works fine on an e6400, which is even older and slower than an e7400. For that matter so does DivinityOS. Indeed, the OP's computer is positively modern compared to mine (e6400, 4GB RAM (but 32 bit motherboard so like 3.25 available), 1GB 5770). On the positive side, my 10 year old hard disk is in better condition than 99.99% of its contemporaries last time I checked.

Waiting on (Ry)Zen to release, then I'll get a new computer, promise.

• Like 1

Good luck! I don't know what games you play (other than PoE), but if you aren't big on modern AAA games you can get away with murder on a used system. Also, I forgot to add Salvation Army and Good Will to that list if you have them locally.

Main reason I haven't bothered upgrading...the big resource hogs aren't really my thing...most of my games are more of the old school variety and their spiritual successors but their even starting to push that envelope.

@EJSING: Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 2