Enhanced Cyclopedia [Beastiary] 3d Model

Would anyone love it if the Beastiary got updated in POE2 to not only include a text description and a hand drawn depiction but also the very 3d model itself that is able to rotate.

Such features are wonderful in games as they give you another way or aspect to appreciate the hard work and artistry that goes into modeling every aspect of the game.

It could be something as simple as a button that you press and you are treated with a 3d model of the creature like so.

• Like 1

I'd definitely keep the book-like feeling in the bestiary with the hand-drawn picture and the description, but getting a magnifying glass beneath the picture that you can click to see an actual model would be rather neat too, actually. I mean, it's one of those 'Why not?' features.

• Like 1

It's a cool idea but I quite like the hand drawn feel of the POE1 beastiary and frankly I'd worry that a change like this to the beastairy could keep me from playing the game at all due to rendering a much larger model in the book than on the battlefield.

If they did add it though I would love to be able to turn the model, make it bigger smaller, animate,etc.

Edited by Failedlegend

They should definitely stick with the 2D sketches from POE.
POE and POE2 take place in the "eoraian" equivalent to the European Renaissance (14th-17th century) after all and the illustrations significantly contributed to communicating that rather well.

If anything I'd LOVE to see Obsidian's artists go even crazier with this, so that we could feast our eyes on woodcut-like sketches in the style of Albrecht Dürer's Rhinoceros for example:

dsRBkah.jpg

And maybe even spicing it up with anatomy studies like Da Vinci's:

rBPQCYr.jpg

• Like 1

They should definitely stick with the 2D sketches from POE.

POE and POE2 take place in the "eoraian" equivalent to the European Renaissance (14th-17th century) after all and the illustrations significantly contributed to communicating that rather well.

If anything I'd LOVE to see Obsidian's artists go even crazier with this, so that we could feast our eyes on woodcut-like sketches in the style of Albrecht Dürer's Rhinoceros for example:

dsRBkah.jpg

And maybe even spicing it up with anatomy studies like Da Vinci's:

rBPQCYr.jpg

Those are bloody fantastic. I would love something like that I did mean to say that the 3d model would be in addition to whatever 2d portrait they already have in game.

Merely it would just give you the 3d model of the enemy in game with a black background for you to admire in closer detail.

i really like this idea, it can just use snippets of the concept art for each monster and maybe even the plants/ingredients that we collect. the think i would love is if we can have a space for our own notes if we want to fill in more on each creature like what spells or attacks work best.