Curious, because in the past, Obsidian did manage to put Pillars of Eternity on some tablet variant.

​Some market trends, Konami (those bastards) focusing (2015) on mobile platforms, we also know how successful Pokemon GO was on mobile, of course, it was made for mobile (which I hope Deadfire isn't even remotely thought of as a Player interface). Anyways, Fire Emblem (Konami) is "Coming soon" "Released" on the Play Store (Android, don't know about iOS).

​I know Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale exists for mobile, Shadowrun Returns too.

And Deadfire shrunk down to 5 party members "for space" (mobile screen space is small).

​Is Deadfire designed in mind to be compatible for mobile screens, or would it be something desired for by the community?

​Personally ambivalent, I want Deadfire to be in monogamy for PC, Mac, Linux (mouse and keyboard), but can't deny the market in mobile. Technology advances really fast, and with HoloLens, AR, VR, on the doorstep of revolution, I believe Deadfire would benefit tremendously.

​A bit of a Captain Obvious statement, but I would want Deadfire to be designed for computer use only, and if it'd work or even be really simple to port to console or mobile, go for it.

Edited by Osvir

There are plenty of market research clearly showing that the PC market is a separate market from the mobile gaming market. Trying to get in on the cake by going from one to the other isn't a viable business decision for companies who wish to keep producing AAA content. Any such moves require new divisions/companies built around a new platform. 

So your question is basically moot from a business perspective. (Though bear in mind that not all execs are necessarily great at their jobs and have made similar bad decisions in the past)

I'd also like to point out that the Surface Pro runs a full version of Windows. It is functionally a Windows PC with added functionality, whereas tablets tend to run less or simply different OSes altogether. So again, not a good comparison. 

All in all: little reason for Obsidian to try and put Deadfire on tablets/mobile, from either business or tech perspective. Doubtful they will. 

• Like 1

I would say more towards consoles than tablets or mobile. That's one of biggest if not possible reason to reduce the party members to 5 so that's it looks more simplified and easier to play on a big screen TV & controller.

If anyone notice that window logo beside steam on the supported platform, I believe this may be available on Windows 10 and Xbox crossplay. If I'm Feargus I probably do what like Brian did with Numenera. Devs are not your friend. It's all about the moneh.

Edited by Archaven

All in all: little reason for Obsidian to try and put Deadfire on tablets/mobile, from either business or tech perspective.

Little reason for them to do a Linux version, but they did that.

In fairness, Linux users usually back crowdfunding and humble bundles pretty well. They may not be many, but they have deep pockets. It might not sell well once on Linux, but I'm sure that enough backers from Linux justified the expense.

Also, I play the first game on my Linux based steam machine. So, I take advantage of it. Lol

• Like 1

All in all: little reason for Obsidian to try and put Deadfire on tablets/mobile, from either business or tech perspective. 

Little reason for them to do a Linux version, but they did that.

What ^ said.

Also, goodwill. There's no real goodwill or added customer-base to be had in mobile, there is in Linux.