Can we play PoE2 via Steam?

Hi,

I'm considering backing PoE2 via Fig crowdfunding. Assuming development goes ahead and the game is released, would I be able to play via Steam - or would play be via some other mechanism?

Many thanks,

Neil

Yes. After the funding period ends on Feb. 24th, Obsidian will put up a backer website and everyone who backed the game will be able to log into the website and enter preferences for Steam or GoG, specify shipping info for any physical goods etc.

When the game is released you will get a Steam key (and I will get  GoG key because DRM is bad -- but, to each his own).  There is a menu item in the Steam app that allows you to redeem the key and have the game added to your library.

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm considering backing PoE2 via Fig crowdfunding. Assuming development goes ahead and the game is released, would I be able to play via Steam - or would play be via some other mechanism?

Many thanks,

Neil

Yes. After the funding period ends on Feb. 24th, Obsidian will put up a backer website and everyone who backed the game will be able to log into the website and enter preferences for Steam or GoG, specify shipping info for any physical goods etc.

When the game is released you will get a Steam key (and I will get  GoG key because DRM is bad -- but, to each his own).  There is a menu item in the Steam app that allows you to redeem the key and have the game added to your library.

That's a great answer, Yonjuro.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Hi,

Many thanks,

Neil

That's a great answer, Yonjuro.

Thanks. I tried to think of the information that would have been useful to know the first time I backed a game.

351yhpg.jpg

Huh, didn't notice the little Linux icon earlier. Cute. Oh and the microsoft store! I know everyone is just so eager to jump on the universal windows app wagon.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice