List of Subclasses as we learn about them.

We've seen mentioned the arcane knight, ghost knight, and goldpact knight. Will there be a knight subclass of fighter? That is, a fighter that follows the chivalric code and is skilled in the weapons and armor of mounted combat.

They've posted all of the subclasses. Goldpact Knight is a Paladin subclass. No "Knight" fighter subclass though.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/93848-update-40-multiclassing-part-ii/

"Fighter

• Black Jacket - Bonus weapon proficiency, reduced Recovery when switching weapon, but lacks Constant Recovery.
  • Devoted - May only be proficient in a single weapon.  Higher Penetration and crit damage with that weapon. Suffers Accuracy penalty when using other weapons.
  • Unbroken - Bonuses to Engagement and Disengagement Attacks, but lower Stride.

Really? That seems like an odd omission. Perhaps they'll add it in later?

In order to be a knight you would have to be a member of some kind of order. So paladin.

Or are you think more about fighter-who-focuses-on-wearing-heavy-armour? I think "Unbroken" is meant to be that.

Edited by Fardragon

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Imagine if your chanter just whipped out and tuned a piano at the beginning of each combat instance. Chaos ensues around him, and he's just plugging away like a lounge singer. :)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

• 2 weeks later...

What I heard in the stream last night: Nalpasca monks will gain a wound every 3 secs when under the effect of drugs (don't need to take damage). I guess this will turn the opinions about them from "meh" to "yay!" ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What I heard in the stream last night: Nalpasca monks will gain a wound every 3 secs when under the effect of drugs (don't need to take damage). I guess this will turn the opinions about them from "meh" to "yay!" ;)

Yeah, that's a pretty good ability and a nice alternative to the Shattered Pillar for a Monk who doesn't want to take damage.

Well, we already knew that from Update #40 :)

Update #40:

cXx6Owg.png

Today Elloheim's stream:

BsuTmCT.png

On the other hand, here's the updated Cipher subclasses:

Ascendant:

aMYoM2C.png

Beguiler:

G3tkNTA.png

Soul Blade:

W47SQuH.png

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 1

You knew that with the 3 secs? ;)

Pretty much everything periodic in PoE happens once in 3s. Except hazards, those have 1 second between ticks.

But yeah... I didn't how many wounds will be restored per tick.

Sounds like the Beguiler's most useful power will be Phantom Foes. :)

Damn, am feeling stupid now.

I was thinking that in Deadfire there will be enemies that are inherently and always immune to Sneak Attacks (like Undeads in NWN2).

But if the description refers to "currently vulnerable to SA", hmm, such cipher could just open every fight with an AoE illusion spell, and yeap Phantom Foes will do. (note to self: check someday how much focus will it restore).

Btw, was curious to what 'schools' do cipher's power belong. Looking at Ellohime's stream:

-- Shred: Mind Wave, Detonate

-- Deception: Phantom Foes, Borrowed Instinct, Wild Leech (note: it's called Deception, but I have a feeling this is what Beguiler's "Illusion" is related to)

P.S. Feeling sad that he didn't mouseover Whispers of Treason, Mental Binding nor Echo.

Edited by MaxQuest

Ye the beta stream last night had more specifics like stalker power works in 4m radius and bonded grief takes effect in when apart by 7m so nice radius for tactical positioning. Well should be i guess if someone play that class they will mention it.

Edited by draego