List of Subclasses as we learn about them.

It's totally possible in PoE1.

Create a rogue with high MIG and INT,
Pick up the Sun-Touched Mail from the guys that stole Wael's scroll in Woodend Plains, pick up the Amulet of Summer Solstice from Lady Aelys "father" in Dyrford and you'll have a rogue with 6 Sunbeams per rest pretty early.

When slaying Maerwald, opt for siphoning his soul for knowledge. Then grab the sabre "Flames of Fair Rhian" from the Endless Paths lvl 13(?). If you have the Helwax Mold from a stronghold adventure then duplicate that sabre. You will have a dual wielding sabre rogue with 6 Sunbeams and 6 Fireballs per rest which work with Deathblows (not Sneak Attack). Which basically means double damage on hits. And hit-to-crit conversion of the rogie also works with spells. The great thing about Sunbeams is that those cause blind for a long time. Also pick up the Silver Flash!
You can add more Fireballs with Taluntain's Staff (3/rest, Act III) and Curoc's Brand (1/rest, WM I). And of course you can add other AoE spellbind items like White Crest armor, Bittercut, Spelltongue and so on, adding more and more spells per rest or even per encounter. Swaddling Sheet is especially nice!

Also use scrolls of Twin Stones or Concussive Missiles. Those will cause Deep Wounds in an AoE.
Another thing would be Grey Sleeper for the Twin Stones proc, but it doesn't trigger often enough in my opinion.

AoE rogue is very nice to play because you can get the first Sunbeam item quite early and it can be played like an ordinary sabre rogue - so it's not gimped in some ways just to get the AoE capability.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Pick up the Sun-Touched Mail from the guys that stole Wael's scroll in Woodend Plains, pick up the Amulet of Summer Solstice from Lady Aelys "father" in Dyrford and you'll have a rogue with 6 Sunbeams per rest pretty early.

When slaying Maerwald, opt for siphoning his soul for knowledge. Then grab the ......

Good lord man.

PS:  If you guys are talking about Serafen you do know he is a Rogue/Barbarian first class option right? 

When slaying Maerwald, opt for siphoning his soul for knowledge. Then grab the sabre "Flames of Fair Rhian" from the Endless Paths lvl 13(?). If you have the Helwax Mold from a stronghold adventure then duplicate that sabre. You will have a dual wielding sabre rogue with 6 Sunbeams and 6 Fireballs per rest which work with Deathblows (not Sneak Attack). Which basically means double damage on hits. And hit-to-crit conversion of the rogie also works with spells. The great thing about Sunbeams is that those cause blind for a long time. Also pick up the Silver Flash!

You can add more Fireballs with Taluntain's Staff (3/rest, Act III) and Curoc's Brand (1/rest, WM I). And of course you can add other AoE spellbind items like White Crest armor, Bittercut, Spelltongue and so on, adding more and more spells per rest or even per encounter. Swaddling Sheet is especially nice!

Also use scrolls of Twin Stones or Concussive Missiles. Those will cause Deep Wounds in an AoE.

Another thing would be Grey Sleeper for the Twin Stones proc, but it doesn't trigger often enough in my opinion.

AoE rogue is very nice to play because you can get the first Sunbeam item quite early and it can be played like an ordinary sabre rogue - so it's not gimped in some ways just to get the AoE capability.

Dear god. This might be the most amazing thing I've ever read on here. I know what my next play through is going to be!

• Like 1

So how are Priest/Paladin restrictions handled? Iirc Priests of Eothas can't become Bleak Walker Paladins but does that mean PoEs(heh) are pushed into Kind Wayfarers for a Paladin multiclass? And how would Pallengia or a hypothetical NPC priest of a god unavliable for players be handled?

Thinking of doing a Priest/Bleak Walker for PoE2 and don't want to change gods between PoE and PoE2.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

So how are Priest/Paladin restrictions handled? Iirc Priests of Eothas can't become Bleak Walker Paladins but does that mean PoEs(heh) are pushed into Kind Wayfarers for a Paladin multiclass? And how would Pallengia or a hypothetical NPC priest of a god unavliable for players be handled?

Thinking of doing a Priest/Bleak Walker for PoE2 and don't want to change gods between PoE and PoE2.

That would actually be a pretty good question for the Deadfire Q&A twitch stream on the 12th.

The most obvious way it would be handled is to exclude combinations which would have conflicting favored and disfavored behaviors. The personality type thing is supposed to have gotten an overhaul in Deadfire, so, it might work differently, I don't know.

Looking at the combinations, at least with the way it is in PoE1

Goldpact knights: Eothas Berath Skaen

Darcozzi: Eothas Wael

Kind Wayfarers: Eothas

Bleak Walkers: Magran Wael

St. Elgica: Eothas Berath

Priests of Eothas have some options, but Kind Wayfarers really get shafted, as do priests of Skaen, but that's with the setup of disfavored/favored traits in PoE1. edit: Just realized that Priests of Magran get shafted too.

I guess an alternative and compromise solution would be to have conflicting favored/disfavored cancel each other out.

edit2: There is also a REALLY good likelyhood that the devs are aware of it already because they'd have to make sure that multiclassing as priest/paladin actually works correctly.

Edited by smjjames

According to Fig Update 37 video, Maia has a unique subclass called "Gunhawk", that involves the bird companion "extending the range" of her attacks? Second part sounds a little odd to me.

I wonder if she has to pick up that subclass. I mean... of course I'm going to take it. Just curious.

I guess this also means the other companions are likely getting their own unique subclass...? I think I'm safe to expect as much.

According to Fig Update 37 video, Maia has a unique subclass called "Gunhawk", that involves the bird companion "extending the range" of her attacks? Second part sounds a little odd to me.

Maybe she can fire twice as far as long as the target is near her bird... sort of like the bird is her spotter or something.

I wonder if she has to pick up that subclass. I mean... of course I'm going to take it. Just curious.

I guess this also means the other companions are likely getting their own unique subclass...? I think I'm safe to expect as much.

I think Pallegina's paladin order will remain unique to her. But I could be wrong.

So we got hear about a new monk subclass during Q&A: a Broken Pillar (or was it Shattered Pillar?) Monk whose wound generation mechanic is tied to the damage they inflict on others rather than the hits they soak up, allowing for a purer focus on offensive builds. As I recall, the trade-offs are that their damage thresholds for gaining wounds are higher than a base monk's and the maximum number of wounds they can maintain at a given time are lower.

It sounds like it'd synergize particularly will with cipher multiclass options, which was something I was considering to begin with, so I'm looking forward to that one.

I think Pallegina's paladin order will remain unique to her. But I could be wrong.

The Brotherhood of the Five Suns isn't being opened up to player characters, but depending on how things turned out in the first game, she might be a Kind Wayfarer instead, if memory serves.

Edited by blotter

Probably only for those companions who are locked into a single class.  It makes less sense for someone like Eder, who take level 1 as either a Fighter or Rogue, to have a custom class designed for either of those. 

Also a fighter sub class called the devoted - dedicated to specific weapon

I wonder if that is a specific weapon class or just one weapon and ONLY that weapon, kind of like a soulbound weapon.

Probably only for those companions who are locked into a single class.  It makes less sense for someone like Eder, who take level 1 as either a Fighter or Rogue, to have a custom class designed for either of those. 

Only Pallegina, Aloth, and Maia are the ones locked into a single class at level one, they can freely multiclass after that. Pallegina already has her Vailian paladin order (unless she goes to Kind Wayfarers via one of her endings), and maybe Aloth could have a unique subclass based on which of the two paths he ends up with.

Takehu can be either druid or chanter from the start, right? Unless they give him some spells that regular druids don't have, I don't really see any need for him to have an unique subclass. His unique Ondra godlike form, we can call it Sea/Ocean/Water godlike, will certainly have some unique abilities.

Takehu can be either druid or chanter from the start, right? Unless they give him some spells that regular druids don't have, I don't really see any need for him to have an unique subclass. His unique Ondra godlike form, we can call it Sea/Ocean/Water godlike, will certainly have some unique abilities.

Ondra's godlike are the already-existing Moon Godlike, no?

Correct.

Currently, yes, but his godlike form appears to be some sort of sea godlike and who's the god of the sea? Ondra. Also, I had asked on another thread (one of the fig update threads) if moon godlikes have fin thingies on their arms and the dev said no. So, we know that he is NOT a moon godlike.

He could also be a variant of nature godlike which is adapted to the sea. We know he's a godlike, just not what kind. Heck, his quest might involve finding out the nature of his godlike form.

Edited by smjjames