List of Subclasses as we learn about them.

I want to make a boar druid/monk if the abilites of both work similar to PoE1 (what they most likely will not... ;)). Torment's Reach + Turning Wheel + Lightning Strikes + Greater Wildstrike Shock + boar tusk wounding = 50% crushing lash + 50% burning lash + 50%+25% shocking lash + 20% wounding. That's +195% (and more with MIG >10) to your damage roll (not only weapon base damage; against 0 DR). Would be very very awesome... in PoE1. ;) Since abilities will scale in PoE2 it will most likely lead to similar damage if you just level your monk or druid without multiclassing. 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

about druids: I thought about a druid/mage. Those mage self buffs that give +acc, +def and I think some even added stats while being shapeshifted.

about priests/paladins: I think that those get their power from their own faith, not directly from a god. So a priest without god might be possible in the PoE setting.

We could have a nihilist priest who can dispell a target (removing all positive and negative status effects) or use a spell that prevents the target from getting any status effect (positive and negative) for some time.He can also cause the "demotivated" debuff on enemies. Their attacks get weaker because they realize that nothing they do has any meaning.

There are already some godless priests in games (Fall From Grace in PST, Zhajive in NWN2, . . . )

I think josh said that some priest paladins combo wont be possible because of the reputation mismatch 

Edited by draego

I want to make a boar druid/monk if the abilites of both work similar to PoE1 (what they most likely will not... ;)). Torment's Reach + Turning Wheel + Lightning Strikes + Greater Wildstrike Shock + boar tusk wounding = 50% crushing lash + 50% burning lash + 50%+25% shocking lash + 20% wounding. That's +195% (and more with MIG >10) to your damage roll (not only weapon base damage; against 0 DR). Would be very very awesome... in PoE1. ;) Since abilities will scale in PoE2 it will most likely lead to similar damage if you just level your monk or druid without multiclassing.

If I can't make the Druid/Monk work in this iteration, I will be sad indeed.

Obviously we need too see the actual mechanichs of Poe 2 , but monk/druid at the moment feel appealing for sure! The big alternative is obviously druid/ barbarian, for carnage and frenzy mainly. We have also to consider how the tusk dmg will increase with the levels and what kind of spell comes at lvl 20 for druid... :3

Edit: btw torment reach spam with the base dmg of the tusks will be OP per se, without even counting the other bonuses

Edited by Dr <3

Obviously we need too see the actual mechanichs of Poe 2 , but monk/druid at the moment feel appealing for sure! The big alternative is obviously druid/ barbarian, for carnage and frenzy mainly. We have also to consider how the tusk dmg will increase with the levels and what kind of spell comes at lvl 20 for druid... :3

Edit: btw torment reach spam with the base dmg of the tusks will be OP per se, without even counting the other bonuses

Of course, just as PoE 1 doesn't allow Novice's Suffering to work with Spiritshift, the Monk's unarmed bonus almost certainly won't apply to the tusks.... 

No, it's all about adding up lashes.

Torment's Reach's cone shaped AoE is not based on the weapons you wear. It has its own base damage which is always the same, no matter if you have tusks or great sword or whatever. But the initial hit uses your weapons of course and with the additional +50% crushing lash the damage will indeed be devastating.

One thing that bothers me a bit about the ever-shapeshifting druid is this: what do you need items for? Besides the Wildstrike Belt and spell bindings or spell holding gear that triggers before you shift it would make no sense to use any item. This limits the build options a lot.

Edited by Boeroer

No, it's all about adding up lashes.

Torment's Reach's cone shaped AoE is not based on the weapons you wear. It has its own base damage which is always the same, no matter if you have tusks or great sword or whatever. But the initial hit uses your weapons of course and with the additional +50% crushing lash the damage will indeed be devastating.

One thing that bothers me a bit about the ever-shapeshifting druid is this: what do you need items for? Besides the Wildstrike Belt and spell bindings or spell holding gear that triggers before you shift it would make no sense to use any item. This limits the build options a lot.

Unless you're a Nalpazca Monk (and the bonuses/resistances are significant enough (and hopefully interesting too))... the idea of a were-(wolf, boar, lion) that uses drugs amuses me. 

Same goes for any other subclass that specializes in non-wearable, non-weapon items.

Edited by SaruNi

They should introduce some items that shift with the druid. :)

I also found it sad that you can't summon weapons when shifted. A were-stag with wildstrike burn and a huge flaming sword would have been a sight to behold...

• Like 2

Yes yes yes! I really wanted to see the Druid spruced up a bit. Especially on the spiritshift side.

I mained a feral druid in vanilla and bc wow, and that's probably my favorite incarnation of a druid to date. Simply because of how well done the animal forms were done. PoE is a little more limited because you choose only a single form, and because it's a limited cast it felt even worse. Shifting you incur a huge lose of freedom. I never found it worthwhile to try to compensate for this, instead I just doubled down as either a caster or healer roll.

Honestly, I think I'm more excited to see how subclasses pan out than dual classes.

I always thought the animal form was really weirdly balanced, I started of feeling overpowered, but by the end of the game, it really felt unnecessary next to the spells. Druids felt more like an alternative wizard by that point.

But that's not the case. The damage and accuracy of the druid's natural weapons scale with level. And certain spells are especially good when you combine them with a melee approach (=spiritshift). All storm spells (Returning, Relentless and Avenging Storm) are a good example, but also Nature's Terror.

Due to scaling weapons (= very high base damage at higher levels) which are paired with very potent lashes, inherent DR bypass and attack speed a spiritshifted druid does the highest single target dps in PoE game at high levels just by hitting stuff. But spiritshift is limited of course. As a bonus he can cast all those awesome spells - his best are his CC spells in my opinion.

One of the neatest tricks with shifting is to wear spell holding gear like the Sanguine Plate, run into battle, receive a crit and then shift: you will have all the benefits of the spell holdings - like Frenzy - without any drawbacks - like the 50% recovery penalty from plate armor.

If you take away the spells from the subclass (which can shift for unlimited time) then the spiritshift form would have to be even more powerful to make up for that, that's true.

I would love to see more dedicated talents or abilites for the different spiritshift forms (I mean besides the existing that you can't influence or which are 1/rest :/ ). 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Per https://jesawyer.tumblr.com/:

Soulblade is a melee-oriented cipher subclass. They gain additional Soul Whip damage with melee weapons and defeating an enemy with a melee attack boosts their Max Focus and grants Concentration. The tradeoff is that their Max Focus is lower by default, meaning their starting Focus is also lower.

So there's one more subclass confirmed, and one that I was actually interested in as well. Huzzah for that.

I'm rather disappointed that they didn't go for an actual psychically generated weapon ala the D&D soulknife class, but maybe there's still room for a cipher modal ability or power that allows them to generate something along those lines.

• Like 2

Ciphers have reaping knives. Maybe it will be possible to cast them on oneself in PoE2.

They do. Sawyer talks about it there too, but it didn't seem relevant to this thread. (Edit: but he didn't mention whether ciphers can target themselves with it; it sounds like it works more or less the same as it did in Pillars 1)

But I should rephrase, I suppose: hopefully, there's room for a cipher modal ability or power that allows them to psychically generate weapons before they reach level 16.

Edited by blotter

Huh, that's a lot more subclasses than I thought there would be. I was under the impression it'd be base class + one subclass. Presumably, we will get to play a base class without a subclass, though.

I hope there's a sniper subclass for rogue, focusing on ranged sneak attacks. Not that anything stops a rogue in PoE1 from shooting, but it'd be nice to have a dedicated option.

3 actually. Except Paladins and Priests which have a required subclass of Order or God respectively.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands