List of Subclasses as we learn about them.

So, I wanted to create a thread to consolidate all the subclasses we know about, and a brief description of them. I plan on keeping this updated, but I'll rely on you all to give me links to sources I may have missed.

EDIT: $2.8m stretch goal is adding a 3rd sublcass to each core class. So, I am adding spaces accordingly. Even though Priests and Paladins are using Deity and Order as their subclasses I'm still adding a 3rd slot to them for the time being.

Barbarian

1) Corpse Eater is one subclass for the Barbarian.

2)

3)

Chanter

1) Beckoner is the subclass focused on summoning. (Mentioned in Twitch stream on last day of campaign)

2)

3)

Cipher

1)Soulblade is a melee-oriented cipher subclass. They gain additional Soul Whip damage with melee weapons and defeating an enemy with a melee attack boosts their Max Focus and grants Concentration. The tradeoff is that their Max Focus is lower by default, meaning their starting Focus is also lower.

2)

3)

Druid

1) (No name) A Druid focused more on Spiritshifting.

2)

3)

Fighter

1) Black Jacket - a fighter with lower accuracy, but more weapon specializations. He gains damage and penetration when using a weapon that his enemies are susceptible to, and has quick swap.

2)

3)

Monk

1) Nalpazca - gains greater duration from consumables. While their wound threshold increases which makes them slower to build their resource while under the effects of consumables.

2)

3)

Paladin - (they will be the choice of an Order, but we don't have details)

1)

2)

3)

Priest - (they will be the choice of a deity, but we don't have details)

1)

2)

3)

Ranger

1) Ghost Heart - Animal companion is a spirit trapped in the Between, and requires summoning. It won't suffer from Spells such as Charm Beast, but it will now suffer from Abjuration and skills that harm Spirits.

2)

3)

Rogue - more durable than PoE1.

1) Assassin - squishier rogue with great damage potential. Requires positional awareness.

2)

3)

Wizard

1)

2)

3)

This article covers the Ghost Heart, the Black Jacket, and the Assassin: http://www.mmorpg.com/interviews/pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-new-info-including-release-window-1000011527

PS - I feel like there was one I missed, but I can't find the article mentioning it. So, any help would be grateful.

Edited by Ganrich
  • Like 14

PS - I feel like there was one I missed, but I can't find the article mentioning it. So, any help would be grateful.

were a mention o' a monk who benefits from consumables, yes?

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

You may want to mention changes to the base class as well. Their stated goal is to make all classes work not replace classes with subclasses. So i dont know if this counts but when i read "Assassin - squishier rogue with great damage potential. Requires positional awareness." above i laughed because i thought well the regular rogue is already squishy so this assassin class wont be really fun if they are even squishier than rogues but in the article they do say that rogues will be more durable which means they are changing the base classes as well just to have some contrast. Its not much but its a change

Edited by jnb0364
  • Like 2

You may want to mention changes to the base class as well. Their stated goal is to make all classes work not replace classes with subclasses. So i dont know if this counts but when i read "Assassin - squishier rogue with great damage potential. Requires positional awareness." above i laughed because i thought well the regular rogue is already squishy so this assassin class wont be really fun if they are even squishier than rogues but in the article they do say that rogues will be more durable which means they are changing the base classes as well just to have some contrast.

Will do. I added that they are more durable than PoE1, and will try to keep any other core class details up to date so that we have something to compare the subclasses to. Thanks.

I think a shapeshifting focused druid subclass was mentioned somewhere (as obvious as it gets), but no name public yet.

I personally hope for:

-a ranged paladin, or one choosing arch enemies

-summon focused chanter

-illusionist wizard

-cipher getting additional focus for being hit, but weaker soul whip

So many possibilities :yes:   

Excited about the Assasin.

Hope it gels right along with the perception of a backstab dagger rogue that utilizes, crits, poisons , stealth and lots of micro to deal damage.

If so can't wait to backstab crits dudes in the butt then vanish into the shadows. 

I believe that Priests and Paladins are subclasses based on order or god. Perhaps I'm not remebering it correctly though.

I'm curious if the subclasses will be designed to be opposites, like the other Rogue is more durable but less damaging or the Fighter has better base accuracy and damage but less benefit from effective weaponry. Not really hoping for it across the board, but in the case of the Rogue I can see that being a good thing. Just please no Beastmaster or Invoker.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

@KaineParker - I've seen that theory about priests and pallys, but Im going by the update page. There they say each class will get 2 subclasses, and the priests and pallys already have 4-5 orders/dieties. So, I don't think they are the same, but we will see.

@KaineParker - I've seen that theory about priests and pallys, but Im going by the update page. There they say each class will get 2 subclasses, and the priests and pallys already have 4-5 orders/dieties. So, I don't think they are the same, but we will see.

I'm thinking it could be something like Magran and (whatever that god worshipped by the lord who comes back in Act 3 is named) could have the same subclass. I hope you're right tbh, but I remember something along those lines.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wait, it's been confirmed that they'll create a druid subclass that'll let you focus more on spirit-shifting? Thank freaking god. I have little to no combat ambition for these games, but even I've been wanting to play a druid with a greater emphasis on spirit-shifting (I'd honestly give up all spellcasting if it meant I could basically play a were-animal all game) since long before PoE was released.

• Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Wait, it's been confirmed that they'll create a druid subclass that'll let you focus more on spirit-shifting? Thank freaking god. I have little to no combat ambition for these games, but even I've been wanting to play a druid with a greater emphasis on spirit-shifting (I'd honestly give up all spellcasting if it meant I could basically play a were-animal all game) since long before PoE was released.

Here you go: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/91241-josh-sawyer-something-awful-poe2-posts/?p=1879801

Not much information yet.

• Like 1

Priests gods and Paladin orders count as subclasses, so they can be removed from the list. It was actually Sawyer on SA who said it.

Yup, but I'm waiting for details on those subclasses so I can add to them instead of removing them outright. I doubt they will be exactly the same as PoE1's Orders and Deity selections. This is more for information consolidation than just new info.

Priests gods and Paladin orders count as subclasses, so they can be removed from the list.  It was actually Sawyer on SA who said it.

That mean that the gods and order selection now come as sub-classes instead of way the were done in the first game. We should list them, not remove them.

Azarhal, Chanter and Keeper of Truth of the Obsidian Order of Eternity.

I am glad that priests and paladins don't get much of additional stuff with subclasses. Always felt unfair that they can get several variations while other characters had to suffer from much less choice.

You should also note that the nalpacza monks only get improved usage out of drugs, and that their drawback is increased wounding threshold while under the effect of drugs (EDIT), slowing down their accumulation of ressources.

Edited by Doppelschwert
  • Like 1