The Consolidated Pillars of Eternity 2 Wishlists Thread

I wish OBSIDIAN could start a small side quest contest. Players from PoE 1 would write down a brief story which is in one's view able to become a nice side quest. You /=the player/ create the plot, the nature of the task and the reward, it has to be short, then the quests that people in the forum like most are sent to a developer [for example 10 or 15 of all] Then the developer or several of them choose which one is most interesting and the reward is obvious - put that quest in some act in PoE 2. :) Too hard to realize , I know. :) But people would love that.

Edited by IamNOOB
  • Like 3

Here we go.

I- Better encounter design
II- Better stealth
III- Better melee animations
IV- Better guns
V- Companions that are not boring - I'm looking at you Sagani and GV.

I- Dark Souls has showed me that a game can be good with only scripted and well designed encounters, every single enemy in that game is designed and placed with an intention behind it, wheter it's because of lore or just a smart trap, they all have some design and story behing them. On the other hand, IWD - which I'm still playing - showed me that a game can be good with only trash mobs, you feel so powerfull, you can test so much stuff, you can win the encounter on any way you like it. So, I think that finding a balance is the better choice here. There are only two battles in PoE1 that I remember because of the design, the one with the xaurips shooting arrows at you from the other side of the bridge and the one in the elevator at WM II, PoE2 can use this type of encounters more, but sometimes throwing some xaurips at us just to boost some moral.

II- The stealth was mediocre, a completely rework is in desperately need.

III- Now... this one is a MUST, fighters, monks, rogues, barbarians they were all boring to look at, whilst your wizard was throwing fireballs and your druid hadouken - or kamehameha - your fighter was swing his sword without any emotion or weight behing the blow.

IV- Guns need more attention, in PoE1 guns were simply trash after level 10, well... sometimes it could be put to a good use with a special ranger build, but in general they were just dispensable after level 10.

V- From the exception of Kana and maybe Edér, the rest of the companions were boring, reading their dialogue was a chore. Don't get me wrong, everything was interesting, but interesting don't make it fun, they were shallow I did'nt felt like a friend to them, they were just people walking with me... WM II really showed me that I didn't care, they all gave me goodbye and I was like "farewell Kana my friend! bye dwarf lady and Itumaak... bye... ghost lady? And who are you? Dur something right?"

My two largest concerns:

1. Companions personalities. Please add some darker undertones to atleast some of these characters. Even an evil sidekick will do. The general do-gooder feeling of the vast majority of the companions in PoE1 felt very one-sided and frankly unrealistic in a world where a sword through the chest is a common way to end a conversation.

2. Barbarians. Intelligent barbarian as a concept is completely unintuitive. Their power comes from aggression and violence, uninhibited emotion. Intelligence tends to create inhibition, make people more considerate. Maybe link their ability power some other attribute? I don't know if this has been talked at lenght before.

1. Companions personalities. Please add some darker undertones to atleast some of these characters. Even an evil sidekick will do. The general do-gooder feeling of the vast majority of the companions in PoE1 felt very one-sided and frankly unrealistic in a world where a sword through the chest is a common way to end a conversation.

The way you put it reminds me of game of thrones. Game of thrones characters are the perfect combination of fanboy-friendlyness and believable characters that can be real **** at times and deal with all kinds of real problems, instead of "my friends soul is captured inside a squirrel. Now my world stands upside down". Not that I wish them to blindly copy GoT. Just an association.

Edited by Lord_Mord
  • Like 1

---

We're all doomed

1. I have a particular fondness for Shapeshifting druids and unfortunately they weren't really to my liking in POE1. Spiritshift could be quite effective but in the end it was only short timed damage boost. This also meant that the only forms that were attractive were the ones with the highest damage. 

I would like to see some kind of modal solution and with the Spiritshift subclass we will hopefully get that. I would also like to see a bigger difference between the forms. It would be interesting if you could build your druid around your form; a bear mauling/tanking druid, a stealthy backstabbing cat druid, maybe a wolf howl-buffing druid.

2. A found that some classes, especially that caster ones, had to few choices in talents/abilities when leveling up. More options!

3. Priests spells that are locked to specific deities.

4. I have also had weak side for "monster" companions in RPG's. Compaions like Shale (DA:O), Construct (NWN2), Okku (MotB). Would love to see at elast one in POE2. (Vithrack please!)

5. I would like to see that companions have unique abilities/gear that only they can use. Pallegina had that with her order which was nice but I would like that all compations had something at least. 

6. I really liked souldbound weapons in POE1, I hope they make a return, but with even longer stories and harder processes to unlock!

7. Continue with spell holding and on hit spells effects, provides cool variety and open ups strange niche builds.

• Like 2

1.  Content modding, and generally a less "baked in" approach.  How hard would it be to add NPCs to a scene?  If it is as hard as they make it sound, that sounds like a serious problem with the content creation process in general.  Pillars 1 would be much improved if we could add NPCs to the base game or edit dialogue.  I can see how quests would be harder, but still.

4. I have also had weak side for "monster" companions in RPG's. Compaions like Shale (DA:O), Construct (NWN2), Okku (MotB). Would love to see at elast one in POE2. (Vithrack please!)

2.  This is my number 2 wish.  I would love to see a Vithrak, Xaurip, Delemgan, or Naga companion.  Think about the options:

• A cave-in separated a lost Vithrak explorer from her people.  She seeks to explore more before coming back.
  • Lil' Stabby just follows you around after you feed him.  His sidequest has you find out that he compulsively steals and hoards stuff in a pile in your stronghold.  Every now and then you catch him stealing, and can choose to let it happen or not.
  • A poor Delemgan was taken away from her home in a cage, and lost her memories of the way home in the delirium that followed.  The group that abducted her just dumper her on the side of the road when they thought she would die.  She's hoping you can help her find her way home.
  •   A coral Naga really loves the taste of coral.  He loves it so much his tribe kicked him out.  He wants help getting back, so he can steal and eat their statue of Ondra.

3. Slower exp option.  You zoom through the early levels so quickly.  I personally find early play fun, because the danger and limited resources add to the risk/reward excitement of exploring.

4.  Remove expert mode.  A lot of the features, like casting without markers, don't fit PE.  The option is in there, but the mechanics aren't designed so it's any fun.

Remove expert mode.  A lot of the features, like casting without markers, don't fit PE.  The option is in there, but the mechanics aren't designed so it's any fun.

Are you crazy? I use that. Why do you want to remove stuff, that you dont need?

• Like 3

---

We're all doomed

1. Tactical ship battles not just scripted interactions. This would be the biggest improvement the devs could make IMO.

2. Being able to Raise armys and have warcraft 3 style battles with them. The Warcfraft 3 technology is so old now that this wouldn't be unrealistic.