The Consolidated Pillars of Eternity 2 Wishlists Thread

1. Ammunition for ranged weapons.
  2. Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis.
  3. The ability to add map notes when in the area map.
  4. The ability to split the party between non-party-required areas (there was a technical limitation to that) with some party members being in one area and others continuing alone in another. Even better if certain quests require that.
  5. Separating stealth from trap-detecting mode.
  6. Ability to give names to owned mundane items once they reach a certain level of enchantment.

1) Limited SPECIALIZED ammunition.  Inifinite basic ammunition. Micromanagement sucks.

2) No... no really, no...

3) Surprised this wasn't in the first game.

4) Yes, but not a huge loss if they can't make it work in the new engine.

5) I'm ambivalent.

6) Cool.

7) Optional Familiars for wizards. Can't let the rangers corner the market.

1. Ammunition for ranged weapons.  - Just for special ammo, normal ammo should be ilimited

Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis. - no, I like the POE system with the endless stash

The ability to add map notes when in the area map. - that is a good idea

The ability to split the party between non-party-required areas (there was a technical limitation to that) with some party members being in one area and others continuing alone in another. Even better if certain quests require that.   - not for or against this one

Separating stealth from trap-detecting mode. - YES!

Modding Tools so people can make their own adventure modules and create campaigns, this is one of the reasons i liked Neverwinter Nights 1 despite its generic main campaign, the player modules(Like Aielund Saga......)  is what kept me buying the expensions and play the game even today.

1. Ammunition for ranged weapons.

Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis.

The ability to add map notes when in the area map.

The ability to split the party between non-party-required areas (there was a technical limitation to that) with some party members being in one area and others continuing alone in another. Even better if certain quests require that.

Separating stealth from trap-detecting mode.

Ability to give names to owned mundane items once they reach a certain level of enchantment.

Not really a feature request, but I would like more information on the history and interstate politics. Setting the game in a pseudo-Renaissance provokes association with the Machiavellian politics of that period, I hope this theme gets more developed in PoE II

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

• Ammunition for ranged weapons.

Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis.

The ability to add map notes when in the area map.

The ability to split the party between non-party-required areas (there was a technical limitation to that) with some party members being in one area and others continuing alone in another. Even better if certain quests require that.

Separating stealth from trap-detecting mode.

Ability to give names to owned mundane items once they reach a certain level of enchantment.

Not really a feature request, but I would like more information on the history and interstate politics. Setting the game in a pseudo-Renaissance provokes association with the Machiavellian politics of that period, I hope this theme gets more developed in PoE II

Please let durations/recovery times be based on a more human-readable scale, that easier for mental math. Either a full second or X.5 seconds. Please no more of that 7.3 s.

Edited by Gairnulf

eFoHp9V.png

The maps in PoE aren't like the endless sea of unlabeled rectangles you get in Daggerfall, where it made a lot of sense to be able to label the map.

Not that I'm against the idea, it would obviously be optional.  I'm just curious of what you would do with such a feature in PoE

Can we please have bows organised by draw weight, so that when you level up a ranged class you can use a heaver bow more accurately, and thus you have better chances of getting higher damage.

if we add ammo for ranged classes we need quivers that holds 1-3 dozen arrows and to be able to recover the arrows and bolts when we loot the corpses, with a small chance that the arrow snaps on impact.

last would be specialty ammo for ranged classes, so like Bodkins, and Broadheads (I would say firearrows but Lindybeige would have my head).

The maps in PoE aren't like the endless sea of unlabeled rectangles you get in Daggerfall, where it made a lot of sense to be able to label the map.

Not that I'm against the idea, it would obviously be optional.  I'm just curious of what you would do with such a feature in PoE

I've mostly used map notes in the city districts of BGII to mark the place of some NPC which I might otherwise lose. It's a convenience feature, sure.

• Like 1

eFoHp9V.png

• No, I seriously have to join the chorus of "Micromanagement sucks"
  • I'd rather have the carry capacity only affect your equipment and quick items, otherwise it's just added unnecessary hassle.
  • Definitely, shouldn't be hard to add and adds a lot of convenience. I forget locations all the time.
  • Could be interesting, but I wouldn't waste too much effort trying to see this done. If it's doable without too much of a hassle, by all means. Split party missions where you'd for example have to use one party to lower a drawbridge and then another part of the party to defeat the evil knight that attacks you afterwards could be interesting, the other party could even assist with ranged fire from the battlements.
  • I don't really see a reason for that. Maybe a passive trap detection that is always on?
  • The Assmaster 5000 Arquebus, finally!
  • A thousand times yes! :D
  • The non-full-second times are the result of % bonuses and can't really be helped without messing up the stat system.
  • Hmmm, why not.

EDIT: oh and a wish of my own: Livelier characters. PoE NPCs are incredibly dull and joyless. I like the mood of the game, but it is way too homogenous.

Edited by Ninjamestari

The most important step you take in your life is the next one.

Here is my wish list for PoE 2.  (A few updates to my original post...)

The Talent System needs to be revamped. PoE featured too many awful talents that made little or no difference after you took them. The worst part of this problem is that some of these talents were then rendered worthless by gear. For instance why take Graceful Retreat (12 disengage defense) when there is in-game gear that will provide way more.

PoTD implementation is a problem. PoTD should emphasize more enemy variety per encounter instead of loading up bosses with infinite HP and one-shot damage. This poor implementation led to Dragons that cannot be killed. Can the developers please play the game on PoTD - or at least try.

No more random addition of immunities that unbalance the game. If you are going to implement immunities please balance the other talents in the game to accommodate them. Immunities rendered classes like the Barbarian (Threatening presence) and the Rogue weaker than intended in the original game. Immunities were a disaster in PoE

Players should be rewarded for designing good character builds. Remove the over dependence of classes on gear to be viable. (Forgemaster Gloves I am looking at you). There is something fundamentally wrong with gear overshadowing good character creation. It takes away the pay-off players get from constructing characters

After a trap is detected, there is no reason for companions to run into them. Bonus against traps should increase upon detection

A single attribute like Resolve should not dominate when it comes to dialog options. A resolve of 18 in PoE was enough to get the PC through most of the dialog options. Dialog options should be distributed better among the attributes

Six party members are too many in my opinion. Others may disagree

There should be more opportunities for people to gain attribute points through questing. The three in PoE (heritage hill, Council of Stars, Skaen Temple) were not enough

Per rest attribute bonuses are immersion breaking and frustrating. No one should have to trace their way out of a dungeon to reinstate attribute bonuses. Resting should give other benefits, but not attribute bonuses

I personally like min maxing. i like to see what I can squeeze out of a build. There are those who do not like to play that way and that is fine as well. PoE 2 should pay off for both types of play style

Let us customize companions from the start of the game. Do not give us random stat distribution NPCs to salvage from their miserable attributes (Sorry Pallegina...)

Please figure out how I can spend my money as it accumulates. 200,000 pands and nothing to spend it on is insane. 

All classes should have natural regeneration of health, even if some classes have more than others. Natural regeneration should be upgrade-able with talents

Be brave...let us experience some Divine level or epic gameplay. (Motb did just fine)

Plan for expansions from the start including the maximum level cap and talents. Scaling an area up because the player's level is too high  breaks the flow of the game and really is an odd way to implement an expansion

The bounties seemed 'tacked on' to me. the XP gain for those missions did not match overall game balance

I would like the level cap removed...but that's just my opinion

They're already mostly doing all the things I wanted them to do mechanics-wise so most of my wishlist items are story-based. That's a problem as the bulk of the writing is probably already done, but here it goes anyway:

1. The ending of PoE had serious thematic problems, not the least of which that the Watcher is forced by omission to repeat Thaos's mistakes. My biggest wish for PoE2 is that they correct this problem and at least give you the option to fix it.

2. It was a massive disappointment when, after all the in-game debate and different theories from different characters, Waidwen's Legacy turned out to have the least interesting cause possible. Please don't make Eothas's return "A secret cult of Eothasians did it because they want to conquer the world or whatever."

3. I actually really love the part of The White March where you can make friends with the Ogre clan instead of just murderizing them. Helping the Alpine Dragon as well. It's actually really interesting and powerful to me when you encounter a "monster" and then get to make friends with it. Much more interesting than "choose which of these three human **** gets to rule Defiance Bay" anyway.

4. Speaking of that, actually, apparently factions are going to be a big part of this game. Please please include a "**** all of these people" option like the Yes Man in New Vegas, even if it's obscure and hard to find. (There technically is such an option for defiance bay in PoE1, but it's not really a "**** all these people" option, it's more of a "I somehow screwed up massively please let me continue the game" failsafe.)

5. It's already been designed and knowing how Obsidian works it's probably not gonna be this, but what I would do with the Orlan Baby is that the Watcher raises the baby as their own and he now calls them "Mama" or "Papa." Actually, do this with the baby Lagufaeth too, if you didn't sell it to Taeldor (DON'T DO IT!).

6. Bring back the Devil of Caroc. She's great.

7. This isn't gonna happen, but I'd love to have at least one companion who's a non-kith and advances in a special "monster" class. My preference would be for a drake (who turns into a larger dragon as they advance in their monster class levels) but I'd also accept a Vithrack, an Ogre, a Delemgan, or a Cean Gŵla.

8. You know that quest in The White March where you go around Stalwart reading everyone's souls? Give the player more opportunities to do stuff like that.

• Like 2

Mine is very short:

1) A better system for dealing with the advantages and disadvantages of wearing armour.

2) Let druids sacrifice some spells for shapeshifting that doesn't suck.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Just one request (prayer): please model a proper Two-Handed-Axes in Deadfire and leave out those awful Poleaxe.

Plaese. ;(

Bye

Phant

What's a proper two handed axe? A dane axe? I think it's too archaic for POE's setting.

Or perhaps this:

https://youtu.be/hYcObL61MsE?t=764

Let us customize companions from the start of the game. Do not give us random stat distribution NPCs to salvage from their miserable attributes (Sorry Pallegina...)

Not random:

https://youtu.be/fvyrEhAMUPo?t=2092

Vancian =/= per rest.

Just one request (prayer): please model a proper Two-Handed-Axes in Deadfire and leave out those awful Poleaxe.

Plaese. ;(

Bye

Phant

What's a proper two handed axe? A dane axe? I think it's too archaic for POE's setting.

Or perhaps this:

https://youtu.be/hYcObL61MsE?t=764

Dane axe is good (and ihmo is ok for POE setting) but, of course, the axe in the video is the common-fantasy-style-axe: maybe not so useful (or common) in real combat but we are speaking about weapons in a fantasy world.

Bye

Phant

once again, am gonna request o' the moderators a single thread for all o' these wishlists.  is already a half dozen, and they is becoming a bit repetitive.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I'd like to see some recurring NPCs other than the party members and the Big Bad. Some examples of what I mean:

• Archons from Tyranny. They're present throughout the entire game (a bit less on the Rebel route), which for me added a lot of texture to the world: my character wasn't the only one who really mattered.
  • Some sort of rival (but not openly hostile) adventuring party. Maybe they save/aid your party during an early game quest, later you meet them in an inn and trade rumors and items, and later still you get to save them in turn, etc.
  • Gollum. He also shows up now and then, he doesn't side with any faction, he gets a well developed character arc, and when left alive he ends up playing an important role in the ending. 

Obviously, Obsidian would need to take care that such characters wouldn't hijack the story, and that we could kill them off early on if we so choose, but I think it could be pretty neat if done right.

Edited by mph

One thing I liked about the PoE critical path was the lack of plot-related fighting. Apart from the final boss, combat in levels was always incidental, and had nothing to do with what you wanted to achieve, so the Watcher's importance was never due to being a combat powerhouse, while all the legendary boss battles were optional side content. I hope this is also the case in PoE II, though that is dampened somewhat by The White March being more action-packed than the vanilla game.

1. I suspect that this may require more of an investment in time and resources than can be justified in given its limited applicability to a wide range of playstyles, but I'd like to see unarmed combat made more versatile than it was in PoE 1 rather than competing with weapons through raw damage output. This could be done through specialized items (e.g., spiked or bladed gloves to allow for different damage types with unarmed attacks) or through modal abilities or stances, which could similarly allow for a broader array of features to be associated with unarmed attacks while the item is equipped or the ability is activated; for example, a monk might be able to learn a stance which would enable them to drain health from enemies they damage while diminishing their ability to health from other sources (perhaps through some mortification of the spirit that effectively emulates the hunger of Vessels or something).

2. Faction-specific bounty lists.

3. More animancy-related items, talents, and/or skills, which would ideally present options for the Watcher to independently practice animancy over the course of specific quests or dialogues rather than merely assisting or impeding others' efforts to do so.

4. More opportunities to sacrifice companions for power and/or favor with factions.

5. Missives communication options as in Tyranny.

6. Optional Watcher talents/abilities available when gaining levels in addition to any that are automatically awarded through quests and story progression, and I definitely wouldn't mind seeing additional talent options being tied to Godlikes as well.

Edited by blotter

Enchantable accessories. 

• Hats/helms/hoods
  • Cloaks/capes

I'd add gloves and boots, but they don't really affect appearance as much. I really liked the look of the nasal helm and padded cap, but had to drop them for the sake of increasing my party's survivability.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

Recently started to replay PoE. Playing as melee wizard, casting all the required buffs (ex. Alacrity of Motion, Displaced Image, Spirit Lance, Martial Power) at the start of each major fight is pretty annoying. Doing it manually is not playing skill, just a tedious task that you have to perform again, and again, and again.

My wish is that there would be a macro system for casting. I saw that multiple users have requested similar feature (others call it spell queue and etc.). This simply a usability improvement and nothing to do with balance.

Here are the details (This is the full list. Of course it can be simplified for the sake of user friendliness, as long as main idea is served):

- User would be able to define multiple Macros per character. Any number of self cast (or ally targeted) spells could be added.

- The macro would appear as a button on the UI when the character is selected. Clicking it would instruct the character to start casting the spells in the same order as the list.

- Spells won't be cast any faster than manual command so this will not affect balance in any way.

- It would be extremely useful if the user can define auto-triggers per macro. Such triggers could be - On Battle, On Endurance at 50%, On Endurance at 25% .... . (Thinking about it ... a trigger should be usable on only one macro at any given time ... for obvious reasons)

I don't see any down sides ... other than some beginners getting confused or overwhelmed by it.

Benefits again, are pure usability. You can concentrate on the fight while, casters do what's necessary before joining. I think this system would be usable for any class. After all most have self cast abilities.