The Consolidated Pillars of Eternity 2 Wishlists Thread

1. one touch command for party to consume food/drink consumables.

2. A macro that allows me to cast a pre-selected series of spells, so I can know my priest and mage and druid are getting that done and concentrate on the front line. (espeically with spell mastery, this got very annoying.)

3. Better late game firearm utility (sure this one will be fixed)

4. better high end light to medium armors (all the really cool stuff was plate.)

5. brace of pistols/dual wielding pistols (maybe confirmed by orlan on ship picture?)

6.  more specific content for stealthily characters.

those are my first thoughts. Game looks great!

• Like 2

Rather too late, but one should never say never.

Given the last beta, we'll surely be able to strongarm some stuff in the Sensuki way, if we're diligent enough. ;)

At least, if you've pledged so that you'll be participating in the upcoming PoE2 beta, like I did... :biggrin:

• Like 4

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Already brought this up in another thread, but party size would be my big issue. I read in one of the online news stories that they've decided to reduce party size to five. My big wish would be for them to reconsider that design choice. But party size is fundamental to the whole game so if those accounts are true I doubt they'll be open to changing it at this point. Very unfortunate and very unnecessary. Really unhappy about it. :(

• Like 2

Hmm, it does indeed seem a bit random, though, going from 6 to 5, so this rumour got me thinking.

They've already acknowledged that we will be able to continue with our party and use the old save game from PoE1, with a few info markers getting transferred too.

To me, this really suggests that they won't be changing the party number from 6 to 5, otherwise, they have a big problem on their hands.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Already brought this up in another thread, but party size would be my big issue. I read in one of the online news stories that they've decided to reduce party size to five. My big wish would be for them to reconsider that design choice. But party size is fundamental to the whole game so if those accounts are true I doubt they'll be open to changing it at this point. Very unfortunate and very unnecessary. Really unhappy about it. :(

It could be a net positive however.

Smaller party sizes allow for potentially more intimate smaller mob fights and hopefully hopefully more of a focus on micro during fights.

Hopefully if anything the smaller party size allows for the game to not follow the formula that so many real time with pause rpgs tend to have, where you merely wait for spells and abilities to be off cool down and just spam them.

• Like 1

It could be a net positive however.

Smaller party sizes allow for potentially more intimate smaller mob fights and hopefully hopefully more of a focus on micro during fights.

Hopefully if anything the smaller party size allows for the game to not follow the formula that so many real time with pause rpgs tend to have, where you merely wait for spells and abilities to be off cool down and just spam them.

I sort of understood the reasoning behind Tyranny's shrinking down to a 4-size party to streamline the experience for more people, but at 4 you just had so few tactical/strategic options in combat. 5 might be OK (since I imagine tactical complexity is O(N!) for party size N since you're dealing with permutations/combinations). I still personally think 6 is best, simply because even numbers gives you some symmetry.

I definitely think they should take the approach from Tyranny where some fights had a greater focus on reaction/micro and not just strategy/tactics. It's one thing to just make sure the dragon is positioned away from your party so breath attacks don't wipe you out (PoE), it's another thing to be fighting the head of the disfavored or the voices of nerat and you have to be constantly weaving in and out of range to dodge different attacks (tyranny). It reminded me a bit of the sorts of high-level raiding fights in early World of Warcraft, in a good way.

Edited by thelee

<snip>

4. better high end light to medium armors (all the really cool stuff was plate.)

<snip>

6.  more specific content for stealthily characters.

4. i actually thought they had a lot of great light/medium armors, though some of that might be exclusively in WM1/2.

6. +1. I thought this was another area Tyranny did well. Stealth in PoE is for backstabbing or for really esoteric use cases, whereas in Tyranny not only did all your main character's talent trees have some sort of stealth-enabled ability, but some abilities could do very different (powerful) things if you did it from stealth (like Lantry has an attack that does some bonus damage/debuffing, but can paralyze for ~10s if done from stealth).

I think it would be great if they reduced the party size to 5. I thought 4 was too few and 6 was too many. Though I don't think 6 would have been so bad if the combat in the first game was a bit more spread out. It felt so claustrophobic to me anyway. I would prefer spells and ranged attacks to have some more range and the FoW to be pushed out further.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think it would be great if they reduced the party size to 5. I thought 4 was too few and 6 was too many. Though I don't think 6 would have been so bad if the combat in the first game was a bit more spread out. It felt so claustrophobic to me anyway. I would prefer spells and ranged attacks to have some more range and the FoW to be pushed out further.

I have been contemplating it, and a party of 5 with multiclassing might be OK. It means you can potentially have fewer people on the field with nearly equal tactical options, and perhaps more options depending on the mix.

I don't know. I still like 6, but you're right that many areas felt claustrophobic. That's partially an area design issue though.

I will hold out getting too worried until we learn more.

• Like 2

what happend to that guy

ah, cool. I liked all the pre-release stuff you did last game. Hope you'll do some of that again.

I won't be backing this I don't think, as I didn't enjoy the original and I highly doubt I'll enjoy the sequel either (even though I'm sure it will be an improvement). The change to the design team may make some difference, but I'm not sure.

I also now have a lot less free time than I did during the Pillars 1 Kickstarter. Full-time work and a 3 hour return commute. I do testing on the Copper Dreams Kickstarter though, and I did some for Expeditions Viking.

Edited by Sensuki

considering all the time we spent playing poe, we never genuine considered a wishlist for poe2. mostly we got trust in obsidian save for specific story aspects 'bout which we know we will be ignored. gonna skip obvious stuff such as stronghold improvements or the meaningless o' the watcher's trial resolution. beat to death stuff the developers already know don't need repetition. also, minutiae regarding technical stuff and/or interface is the least o' our personal concerns. the interface stuff may be very important to folks, we simple can't get worked up 'bout it. don't mean such stuff ain't important, but am not the person to champion.  nevertheless:

1) do not once again turn the companions into exposition heavy lore dumps

2) work on making combat numbers more transparent

3) more reactivity to watcher's character generation choices

4) abandon class-specific skill bonuses

4a) in the alternative, revamp skills altogether

5) do not forget to make the player care 

have mentioned before every obsidian or bio game since 1999, but we needs repeat our position regarding the value o' joinable characters.  poe took a halting step forward by using all companions to advance core theme.  each poe companion had a kinda crisis o' faith if you will.  unfortunate, much o' the companion dialogue were wasted on lore dump.  what a waste.  joinables, unlike the protagonist, is largely static characters.  far more o' obsidian's storytelling should take place by means o' joinable companions.  have players constant digging through and repeating lore exposition in hopes o' advancing the companion influence minigame is not good gameplay and hurts storytelling.  use the companions.  don't waste companions on excessive lore exposition.

is a recent thread in technical support for poe which illustrates how traps is broken.  we could see a difference 'tween traps in white march v. traps in the core game, 'but w/o somebody actual doing hard comparisons and number crunchings, the problem o' traps remained largely gut level for Gromnir... and we were wrong to boot.  turns out traps made available in white march work correct. regardless, the point is even after years, we still got questions 'bout what exact is going on behind the scenes with poe combat.  shouldn't be such an issue. please fix

reactivity increase shouldn't need much explanation.  a few classes and races received deviant reactivity, but priests, for example, received negligible amount.  *chuckle* as a priest o' wael there were a couple additional lines o' dialogue available, but only if you had increased your honest disposition? okie dokie. pivotal quest resolutions as well as character generation choices should result in different dialogues and opportunities.

am not seeing a point to inherent skill bonuses for classes.  such bonuses do not further enhance the unique nature o' classes.  mechanics is arguable the only skill for which a person might alter their choice o' classes based 'pon level 1 bonus. waste.

oh, and skills shouldn't need comment as is kinda similar to need fro stronghold improving, but yeah, skills in poe were disappointing. many skills were improved with white march, but such changes only illuminated the shortcoming o' the skills as a whole.  were maybe four different skill spreads we utilized for characters in the game. sameness is bad.  fix.  make skills as important as talent choices.

lore and mechanics tinkering is swell and all, but it is all for naught if the developers fail to give the player a reason to care 'bout what is happening.  am knowing at least a few (one) of the obsidians is kinda preoccupied with lore and details.  we got no doubt the factions o' poe2 will be having deep and comprehensive histories and Gromnir will have many chances to explore historical details. *groan* those details matter more to the writer/developer than to the reader/player. it's the writer who most needs know why an npc hates slavery and yet continues to work for a business concern involved in slave trade.  the player can go almost the entire story w/o knowing motivations, and even when providing explanations, an involved historical treatise will not improve. personal, Gromnir is not a big fan o' tolkien, but most o' you folks is.  think back and consider all the characters in lotr for whom you had little to no historical background and only the foggiest notion 'bout the details o' their motivations. give the player long-winded history o' factions for purpose o' Explanation is bad writing.  if you need read the silmarillion to appreciate lotr, then you got bad writing. show, don't tell. use events and encounters to show faction behaviors, but is far more important to get players to care than to understand historical minutiae.  if the player cares 'bout a character, then they is gonna wanna know more 'bout the character.  don't work bassackwards and try to get players to care 'cause you, the developer, has provided (what you believe to be) compelling history.  

'nuff. for now, this will be 'nuff.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 8

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

My wishlist:

let some of my the pets carryover (or at least have them somewhere ingame), specifically the wurms. 

also want to keep the ivory wurm figurine. 

This one is a long shot, but I'd also like romance to be added. I'm doubting it, but one can hope.

Lastly, more personal references to our character's backstory. For instance, my main character is a former slave from Deadfire, so in a sense she'll be back on her home turf.

• Like 1

There is huge topic on PoE1 subforum https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86950-pillars-of-eternity-2-wish-list-and-suggestions/

It seems that some request was already included like seadogs adventure, return of Eder, no medieval culture set, multiclass and some others i remember.

I hope that OE has already set list of stretchgoals. Improvising could spoil the overall conception.

Which means that PoE2 is already less open to big changes, but there is probably still some possible like stealth, VO, granades... stuff like that.

I agree with Grammar's list here. Particularly skills, but I'm fine with class bonuses remaining if they overhaul the system. It really needs an overhaul, IMHO.

I am still thinking about any wishes I have, and I'll post when I've really given it thought. I will say that I hope they revisit some class design ideas. Particularly, Chanters. I've mentioned it elsewhere on here today, I believe. However it requires repeating.

I just want more reactivity to player race and background.

It still feels weird that orlans and godlike are supposed to be looked down on, but almost no one treats you any differently for being one. I'd really like it if they had more ambient dialogue acknowledging your race, class, and background--but I know it's not likely to happen since most resources will most likely go toward acknowledging our worldstates from the last game.

Also I want to smooch Aloth, but I know that's never, ever, ever going to happen and I'll get lynched for even suggesting it.

• Like 2

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

I just want more unique items. The vanilla game had too many of generic +2/3 weapons and the unique ones didn't feel that special. There's a reason why 15 years after playing BG2 I still remember my Lilarcor, Celestial Fury, Carsomyr and other amazing weapons that we could get in that game.

• Like 1

1. 6 characters.

2. More subraces.

3. A romanceable dwarf female companion.

4. 6 characters.

5. More of 'everything' (spells, skills, talents, etc.).

6. An actual BG/Athkatla type city.

7. 6 characters.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.