Collector's Edition Box dimensions

I thought I'd bring this up here so that it doesn't get lost from the Fig comments.

Someone asked if the Collector's Edition box dimensions would be the same as the PoE1 Collector's Edition and one of the developers replied that the 149 tier would be the same while the 199 tier (containing the statue) would be larger.  

Feargus replied it was still under discussion.

I would like say that I'm for the boxed Collector's Edition having the exact same dimensions as the PoE1 box.   Imagine how big that box would need to be to fit a 10 inch statue and everything else that will be in it!  The Collector's Edition box was large to begin with, an even larger one will have trouble finding room and looking appropriate beside anything else especially its PoE1 counterpart.

Hopefully the Collector's Edition box will be the same dimensions and the statue can be boxed separately and both shipped together.

Transcript of Fig comments:

Hi Feargus and the team!
Can you please confirm that the Collectors Edition box will have the same dimensions as the CE for Pillars 1? My only annoyance with boxed games is the lack of uniform box size in a series.
This is my "Infinity" collection. Note the size differences between BG1 and BG2.
  REPLYFeb 1, 2017 | 10:47 PM

OEIWaffles
DEVELOPER
@Core, For our $149 tier, we are planning to have the same dimensions as the first CE. However, for the $199 tier, that box is going to be bigger due to the size of the Od Nua statue. Hope that clarifies things!
Feb 2, 2017 | 12:37 AM

Feargus
DEVELOPER
@Core - Hold for a second. We are talking about how that is supposed to work.
Feb 2, 2017 | 01:23 AM

Core
@OEIWaffles Oh no! Please dont do that. I was hoping the Boxes would be the same, and the statue to be boxed separately. I've backed the $199 and having an even bigger box would be... problematic. Could you not have the CE box and statue in a larger outer box? I mean I would love to have the boxes next to each other, and the statue out on display as well. The CE box is the perfect size to house the manual and the guide.

The statue will be the full Od Nua'statue or only its head?

Full body, IIRC from the comment section on Fig.

I would prefer to have both boxes be the same size, but I will live with a bigger box for Deadfire if it ends up being necessary to accommodate the statue.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Full body, IIRC from the comment section on Fig.

I would prefer to have both boxes be the same size, but I will live with a bigger box for Deadfire if it ends up being necessary to accommodate the statue.

Nice. Before place a pladge for the game I'll wait for some pics of the statue.

I prefer 2 boxes with different sizes with a boxed game of the same dimensions of the standard box of PoE.

Andrea, are you italian?

zu73tuJ.gif

700947de2e_300x82.jpg    cd87f85c0b.jpg

Andrea, are you italian?

I am, yes.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Per caso sei pure un backer di Underworld Ascendant?

Nope. Only other games I've ever backed are the original Pillars and TTON, and I've almost repented the latter.

My pledges for Bard's Tale VI and Wasteland 3 were refunded.

EDIT: I'll stick to English since this is a public discussion on a forum where not everyone speaks Italian ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo

Nope. Only other games I've ever backed are the original Pillars and TTON, and I've almost repented the latter.

My pledges for Bard's Tale VI and Wasteland 3 were refunded.

EDIT: I'll stick to English since this is a public discussion on a forum where not everyone speaks Italian ;)

Understood.

zu73tuJ.gif

Why you asked for a refund for The Bard's Tale IV?

Because of the atrocious way inXile handled TTON in the past few months. I wanted TTON to be my first and last inXile crowdfunding.

Because of the atrocious way inXile handled TTON in the past few months. I wanted TTON to be my first and last inXile crowdfunding.

Maybe they can learn from their mistakes. I pledged for The Bard's Tale IV because few months before I played Legend Of Grimrock 1 & 2 and I literally fell in love for Dungeon Crawlers.

I've something about the mistakes that InXile made with T:ToN and it's sad, because Planescape Torment is a masterpiece.

zu73tuJ.gif