Care to guess the names of the other multiclasses?

I'm planning to do priest/rogue if I don't do pure priest. The name I've seen the most in this thread is Inquisitor which I'm not crazy about.

Priest - Rogue

Maybe: Knave, Spy, Subverter, Renegade, Heretic(apostate?), 

I'm planning to do priest/rogue if I don't do pure priest. The name I've seen the most in this thread is Inquisitor which I'm not crazy about.

Priest - Rogue

"Subverter" or "Renegade" are definitely cool.  The vernacular for 'knave' makes it not work, and heretic/apostate are too real-world context specific, imho.

There was a DnD 2nd ed class in the Dragonlance literature of "con artist" that I'd always thought of as vaguely priestly.  Especially after one of them convinced a friend of mine's (cleric) character to commit suicide...  It was the last stupid thing that character ever did..

heh

-tid242

Ranger + Wizard = Arcane Archer?

Druid + Wizard = Elementarist?

But ranger is not necessary an archer?

Hmmm maybe Spellslinger? Arcane Sniper? Arcane Shooter?

Obviously one of these names needs to be "Stormcaller"   ;o

Funnily enough, there's that german Pen & Paper RPG named "The Dark Eye" which has a Sharizad (or Sharisad) as a profession (kind of class although it's basically classless system). What they do is creating magig effects with dancing (like belly dancing but also more artistic dances). Comes close! ;)

edit: used to play that game since I went to 5th grade and stopped after finishing university. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Do not worry.

Unless Obsidian wants to go pure fantasy or follow the crowd, Inquisitor will be a cipher (cipher/priest most likely).

An inquisitor was an official (usually with judicial or investigative functions) in an Inquisition; an organization or program intended to eliminate heresy and other things contrary to the doctrine or teachings of the Catholic faith. Literally, an inquisitor is one who "searches out" or "inquires" (Latin inquirere < quaerere, "to seek").

Imagine how cipher powers would help inquisitors seeking the truth and finding those heretics.

Wikipedia mentions 'investigative functions' - this is what Hadret House from POE1 is about.

Rogue/priest could be named Witch Hunter and this is AFAIK pure fantasy.

Vancian =/= per rest.

Stalker (druid/rogue)

Slayer (ranger/barbarian)

Hunter (ranger/

Warden (ranger/druid)

Sentinel (ranger/fighter)

Battlemage (wizard/priest)

Warpriest (fighter/priest)

Knight (paladin/fighter)

Templar (paladin/priest)

Guardian (fighter

Shaman (priest/barbarian?/druid?)

Shadow (rogue

Flagelant (monk/priest)

Ghost

Theurge/Taumaturg (Priest/Wizard)

Champion (paladin/barbarian)

Striker

Apostle

Disciple

Exemplar

Harrier

Inquisitor

Oracle

Seeker

Warlock

Sorcerer

Seer

Soulbow (Ranger+Cipher)

Cavalier

Dervish

Justiciar

Marauder (Barbarian+Fighter)

Mauler (Barbarian+Druid)

Shaper

Trickster (Wizard Rogue)

Wayfarer

Duelist

Walker

Outrider

Ravager

Avenger

Fang (Druid

Virtuoso

Raider

Bane

Hexer

Hospitaler

Anyhow... plundered through my 3.5 edition splatbooks for these. Best keep them as neutral as possible since the Subclasses are full of flavour.

Like Ghostwatchamacallit of the ranger subclass. Then you dont need a Verdant Green Hunter as a combotitel when Hunter would just do...

Imo

Priest - Rogue

"Subverter" or "Renegade" are definitely cool.  The vernacular for 'knave' makes it not work, and heretic/apostate are too real-world context specific, imho.

There was a DnD 2nd ed class in the Dragonlance literature of "con artist" that I'd always thought of as vaguely priestly.  Especially after one of them convinced a friend of mine's (cleric) character to commit suicide...  It was the last stupid thing that character ever did..

heh

-tid242

On this combination, my second thought was "charlatan" or "montebank" but both have fairly negative connotations in 'the real world' (as does Con-Artist). 

Then I got to thinking that a wandering priest with no set parish or flock might take to roguish ways as a way to protect themselves on the road without becoming overtly martial, so...Pilgrim maybe?  Or at a stretch Pundit for both its current meaning in English (an expert who gives their opinion in public) and its original meaning in Hindi (its derrived from paṇḍitá, someone who is knowledgeable and performs ceremonies outside of the Temple)?

My first thought was to call them a "Tuck" after Friar Tuck from the Merry Men... :biggrin:

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Priest - Rogue

heh

-tid242

On this combination, my second thought was "charlatan" or "montebank" but both have fairly negative connotations in 'the real world' (as does Con-Artist). 

Then I got to thinking that a wandering priest with no set parish or flock might take to roguish ways as a way to protect themselves on the road without becoming overtly martial, so...Pilgrim maybe?  Or at a stretch Pundit for both its current meaning in English (an expert who gives their opinion in public) and its original meaning in Hindi (its derrived from paṇḍitá, someone who is knowledgeable and performs ceremonies outside of the Temple)?

My first thought was to call them a "Tuck" after Friar Tuck from the Merry Men... :biggrin:

ringmaster?

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Alright going for monk class names.

giving a monk list.

Monk + Barbarian = Zealot
Monk + Chanter = Harmonizer
Monk + Cipher = Channeler
Monk + Druid = Ascetic
Monk + Fighter = Debater
Monk + Paladin = Evangelist
Monk + Priest = Friar
Monk + Ranger = Hermit
Monk + Rogue = Cultist
Monk + Wizard = Avatar/Conduit
  • Like 1

heh

-tid242

"Pilgrim" is definitely cool (not sure for priest/rogue specifically or some other sort of wandering priest).  Did Shepherd Book of Firefly have a designation other than just priest/preacher?

Con Artist.  heh, yea I wasn't suggesting it, I just thought it was really funny.  The class really was just a RP distinction rather than a grouping of skills that were open, RP-wise.  Nothing better than playing a totally terrible character who gets off on scamming peasants out of all their life's savings in every village your party passes through. 

Makes me laugh just thinking about it..

-tid242

Paladin + Chanter = Ringleader

Wizard + Druid      = Sorcerer  (Basically a Druid who focuses more on his elemental Spells)

Priest + (Fighter/Barbarian)     = Zealot      (Religious motivatet Fighter)

Paladin + Fighter  = Royal Guard(ian)

Chanter + Rogue  = Wormtongue (LotR)

Cipher + Wizard    = Mentalist  (Like Jace the Mindsculptor, erasing memories and stuff)

Druid + Rogue      = Warlock

Paladin + Rogue   = Assassin (politically motovated Killers? Seems off though)

Monk + Fighter      = Shaolin   (Wiered because the Monk class is derived from the Shaolin Monks)

Rogue + Cipher    = Ghast/Ghost

I like a lot of suggestions in this thread, too.

​Druid + Barbarian = Beast

​Druid + Fighter = Gardeneer

​Druid + Paladin = Horticult

​Druid + Priest = Apothecate

​Druid + Cipher = Shaman

​Druid +  Chanter = Song Bird

​Druid + Ranger = Keeper

​Druid + Rogue = Prowler

​Druid + Wizard = Sage