Quests that proc based on your class, race or background picks are a great idea imo, as they instantly react to and reward your choices.

Also, I was thinking maybe they could add a brief segment of the game that takes us to a very different setting (like the Underdark did in BG2). That way the game would contain more varied content, which would attract players that aren't so much drawn to this new setting.

• Like 1

From my personal list:

• Ammunition for ranged weapons.
  • Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis.
  • The ability to add map notes when in the area map.
  • The ability to split the party between non-party-required areas (there was a technical limitation to that in PoE) with some party members being in one area and others continuing alone in another. Even better if certain quests require that.
  • Separating stealth from trap-detecting mode.
  • Ability to give names to owned mundane items once they reach a certain level of enchantment.
  • Not really a feature request, but I would like more information on the history and interstate politics. Setting the game in a pseudo-Renaissance provokes association with the Machiavellian politics of that period, I hope this theme gets more developed in PoE II
  • Please let durations/recovery times be based on a more human-readable scale, which is easier for mental math. Either a full second or X.5 seconds. Please no more of that "7.3 s", "0.9 s".
  • Ability to mod in item description images.
Edited by Gairnulf
  • Like 2

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Please let durations/recovery times be based on a more human-readable scale, which is easier for mental math. Either a full second or X.5 seconds. Please no more of that "7.3 s", "0.9 s"

1st, I think that these fractions of a second are there because of balance reasons.

2nd, do you really calculate these things while playing? Come on.

• Like 1

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Please let durations/recovery times be based on a more human-readable scale, which is easier for mental math. Either a full second or X.5 seconds. Please no more of that "7.3 s", "0.9 s"

1st, I think that these fractions of a second are there because of balance reasons.

2nd, do you really calculate these things while playing? Come on.

Re 1st - balance is still achievable, just no need to have such fine grained durations. A player has an easier time picturing a length of half a second than a length of 1/5th of a second.

Re 2nd - If I do, so what? If I don't, then what's the point in them being there? That's my point.

Edited by Gairnulf

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Something i would really like is more ways to end a combat, dialogues in combat that allow you to decide would e amazing, some spells or abilities to pacify some beasts, maybe make people inconsious, or imprison if there will be something like the dungeons.

• Like 1

I've seen the musings around various communities, and I have to agree that having a pirate ship as a "keep" would be awesome. Actually better yet, an entire "private cove." Sort of a hidden bay that can serve as a base of operations. Maybe your ship serves as a forward base, that appears docked when your at various cities. While your Cove, a sort of Swiss Family Robinson paradise, is what you invest in and build up. Maybe the ship represents a subset of the cove's upgrades, or maybe the ship is just aesthetic and is you're "gateway" to travel back to the cove.

​On the other hand, I'd really like to see an analogue to The Endless Paths Od Nua. It was really fun to see that stretch goal get tackled. So we're in Deadfire this time. Maybe some sunken city that has basically been untouched by the outside world. Entirely ready to be pillaged by the adventuring party. One of those temples that is so obscure that not a single person is their to protect or defend it, instead it's protect by it's obscurity. Somehow the main quest reveals so lost knowledge on the side, and this party can go looking for this place. Perhaps the crew has to invest in diving equipment for the ship to get to the underground cavern. I don't know... I'm not being paid for these ideas. But another mega-dungeon would be awesome.

​Also, Someone mentioned above a mutli-part treasure hunt. I'd be down for that. You (Obsidian) must have known we'd start salivating over anything swashbuckler theme. People will be expecting a couple west country accents vo'd.

Maybe not a Sailing Sim but more realistic sailing please? 

Like what, spam the left mouse button to heave, and press spacebar to cast loose?  :huh:

Oh, and I want the possibility to ask my less experienced companions to collect water from the centerboard case using a sheet, or a halyard, because umm, we're sinking. Or finding a key for the boat wake, you really gotta find it because it's super important. Ask the crewmembers, they'll surely help you. Yup, that's pretty realistic imo.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

I can't say I'm a huge random encounter fan. I'm much more interested in specific planned out encounters. Trash mobs aren't something I've ever found particularly engaging.

I guess, given we've already achieved the stretch goals I might have mentioned otherwise, my only real want now is to hit the expanded voice acting stretch goal. I don't think voiced characters are necessary, I've certainly played and enjoyed many text heavy games over the years, but it is nice to have.

Turn based combat and use of the environment in the manner D:OS did would be nice, given combat like that married to the kinds of Story and Characters Obsidian delivers would be a dream of mine. I suppose that's just not something sensible to hope for, however. I'll admit, I'm not a huge RTWP fan. It's not a bad thing, just, I prefer to go full action RPG or full turn based RPG. the current combat hasn't kept me from enjoying Pillars 1m Tyranny or any other RTWP game though, so I suppose it's a moot point.

-

Maybe extended visual character customization would be a nice stretch goal. I do enjoy making a character visually just so, just as I enjoy dialogue and character interaction allowing me to paint my character's personality just so. Yes, I suppose all else granted, that'd be my major pick. Full range of skin colors from pasty pale to very dark, a full range of hair colors from the lightest to the darkest, eye colors, a variety of facial features and customization for each Human racial group, height options, lots of hair styles. It's not something you'd really get to see much of, however, so, I guess that seems perfect for an unnecessary thing that's just a stretch goal. A nicety, quality of life, but ultimately less important than other aspects.

I cannot forget the follies and vices of others so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself.

My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would

perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever.”

- Pride and Prejudice

From my personal list:

• Ammunition for ranged weapons.
  • Weight carry capacity on per-party member basis.
  • The ability to add map notes when in the area map.
  • The ability to split the party between non-party-required areas (there was a technical limitation to that in PoE) with some party members being in one area and others continuing alone in another. Even better if certain quests require that.
  • Separating stealth from trap-detecting mode.
  • Ability to give names to owned mundane items once they reach a certain level of enchantment.
  • Not really a feature request, but I would like more information on the history and interstate politics. Setting the game in a pseudo-Renaissance provokes association with the Machiavellian politics of that period, I hope this theme gets more developed in PoE II
  • Please let durations/recovery times be based on a more human-readable scale, which is easier for mental math. Either a full second or X.5 seconds. Please no more of that "7.3 s", "0.9 s".
  • Ability to mod in item description images.

I really agree with the third one. I would love to be able to write in the map, which npc is there, to which quest he is related and some other notes about what i intend to do with it.

I should of course later be able to delete them or edit them once i dont need them.

I can't say I'm a huge random encounter fan. I'm much more interested in specific planned out encounters. Trash mobs aren't something I've ever found particularly engaging.

You can easily make random encounters meaningful as well and not just random trash mobs.

• Like 2

Hate the living, love the dead.

Reposting because I am an idiot and did not see this thread.

More Godlikes:  I want them in this order:  Eothas, Wael, Woedica, Rymrgand, Abydon, Skaen.

Abydonlikes could be iron-skinned fighters granted extra DR.  Sun Godlikes would have a radiant aura (or vessel damage).  Ice godlikes could slow in a radius, etc.  Mist godlikes get higher deflection.

A monster companion / playable race:  RPGs have a long history of this already.  Vithraks and xaurips are already well defined as not (entirely) evil.

Tons of Short Quests:  I love the little encounters in BG.  Like the slime mage, the dead dog, the wizards on the top floor of the magic shop, etc.  A lot of these make maps more interesting. 

A large dungeon:  Yes the megadungeon was a pain in the ass for them to make.  But it also held a great story.  Furthermore, it was one of the most creative areas in the base game.  Giving a 2D artist an assignment: draw something cool and in character for the world and we'll make a dungeon out of it could lead to some great maps.  If they're worried about it polluting development, say it'll be DLC upfront.

Display Racks in the Stronghold:  They've already been thinking about this one from what I can tell.

Characters in Stronghold:  I'd like it if they sent you on short quests, or talked to you instead of just selling you stuff.

As many new monsters as possible:  Make em weird and plentiful.  Yes I want to see crabsnakes, viscous spheres, sirens that are bird on top and lady on the bottom, and one very angry Cassowary.  Also fluffles devourer of Paladins.

• Like 3

Hireing crew for your ship (perhaps even former companions).

Hiring sounds great.

There was a russian Pirates of the Carribean game, where you could hire NPCs and assign them in the following positions: quartermaster, sailling master, boatswan, carpenter, surgeon and cannon master. Each NPC could have a different collection of passive talents; when assigned into a position, matching talents would become ship's passives now.

Edited by MaxQuest

To be honest, I don't want any additional superimposed content at all. Too many crowdfunded games already overstretched and too many developers found out later in development that not every goal was a blessing for the game. Too much money is usually wasted for stuff that isn't exactly part of the core vision and experience and might not be included anyway, no need to even deepen the issue..

Obsidian should just use every additional dollar to deliver the best polished and bug-free game possible. Pretty simple. ;)

• Like 3
35167v4.jpg

I support idea of Eoaths godlike, for me it makes sense that such popular (at his prime time) god dont have some yet.

They could look cool (aasimar way) and have some sick powers (orbital lasers)

However that would require more text writing, since we have some special question to our maker.

With 2.2M nearing soon. I hope they don't kill it again with that double the VO thing again. It's not something quantifiable. Let's get with some real goals like a new city with lots of contents that add 20 more hours of gameplay, or maybe romance or even mega-dungeon.

To be honest, I don't want any additional superimposed content at all. Too many crowdfunded games already overstretched and too many developers found out later in development that not every goal was a blessing for the game. Too much money is usually wasted for stuff that isn't exactly part of the core vision and experience and might not be included anyway, no need to even deepen the issue..

Obsidian should just use every additional dollar to deliver the best polished and bug-free game possible. Pretty simple. ;)

Ain't that the truth. If you kickstarted it, and a promised feature turned out to be **** and ruins the game, what do you do? People already paid for that feature.

• Like 2

I'd love more godlikes but didn't they already get asked this in the Q&A and shot it down? (I'd also love a xaurip companion to death)

And I have to agree with the sentiment that content expansion stretch goals are a bad idea. Honestly I'm not entirely sure they should have put Xoti on there.