Think we'll get options which were locked in the first game?

It's a bit of an awkward thread title, I admit. But regardless, I'm wondering if our main character/any adventurers we hire will be allowed character options which were unavailable in POE, such as origins from too-near countries. For example, you couldn't be from the Vailian Republics, probably so that Pallegina could serve as a logical introduction to them, or from the Dyrwood itself (obviously because your story demanded that you be travelling to Dyrwood for the first time).

Because POE2 is a continuation of our character from the first game, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut the concept of backgrounds entirely (since our recent history is all the same--de facto Roadwarden of Caed Nua), but there were some other potential choices which felt conspicuously absent, namely deity choices for clerics.

We could worship Eothas, Magran, Berath, Wael, or Skaen.

We could not worship Abydon, Woedica, Hylea, Galawain, Ondra, or Rymrgand

Some of these made sense from a story perspective (I won't mention which, since they and the reasons are arguably spoilers), but others seem arbitrary, likely left out simply due to lacking in time and resources. For that reason I have to wonder if we'll get more choices this time around. On the one hand, it'd be a bit odd for a priest to change their subject of worship,

especially after the first game,

but on the other hand it'd kind of suck to be locked into the choices we had in the first game, for priests. Likewise with paladin orders. We don't know how many there are, total, but it makes sense to expect more than six (the five we could choose from and the one that was unique to Pallegina)

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I would think that more available permutations of acceptable priest and paladin behaviour would be a bit better than "insignificant." For example, as it stands you can't be a Paladin who is both aggressive or cruel and diplomatic, without taking a hit to your combat effectiveness. That pretty much nixes any attempt to roleplay a lawful evil-style paladin (you can still pick "honest" answers, but those tend to be very dry and fairly infrequent.

Priests have it even worse, because their god also determines the only two weapons they can be reasonably accurate with. Ideally THAT will be nixed and priests will have better options for fighting in melee, but I'd rather err on the side of caution.

I would think that more available permutations of acceptable priest and paladin behaviour would be a bit better than "insignificant." For example, as it stands you can't be a Paladin who is both aggressive or cruel and diplomatic, without taking a hit to your combat effectiveness. That pretty much nixes any attempt to roleplay a lawful evil-style paladin (you can still pick "honest" answers, but those tend to be very dry and fairly infrequent.

You could take the Untroubled Faith talent for both that negated reputation penalties.