What did youl like most about KOTOR 1???

What did youl like most about KOTOR 1???  

75 members have voted

1. 1. What did youl like most about KOTOR 1???

• Graphics
    • Sound
    • Storyline
    • Music
    • Modding

JW didn't do the music for KOTOR...Jeremy Soule did, and I hope he does the music for the second! KOTOR's music was just awesome :D

I know that, we were just discussing his scores.

Jeremy Soule will not be doing the music for KOTOR II sadly.

Sadly indeed, particularly considering Lucas Art opted for some obscure internal composer, i guess their motto for the new game is 'go as cheap as you can'.

I'm sure Obsidian involvement happend out of sheer luck, eitherwise they would have accepted anybody as long as the price would have met their budget expectation for this sequel.

But then again, we all know that the best way to threat a franchise (which success is based on it's inherent level of quality) is to milk the name as much as you can, you go Lucas Art.

From my part, i hope their composer (which is relatively new on the scene) does a good job, becomes famous and quits Lucas Art, ha...

Whatever happened to the guy Interplay used for BG series (and I think IWD), Michael Hoenig and his group I think it was, I think he did a better job than Mr. Soule did in NWN.

But yea, Jeremey Soule did a good job on KotOR IMO and should have carried over to KotORII. I remember that in an interview he said he had organised a library of samples specifically for the KotOR soundtrack, which would have been ready to go for KotOR II but oh well.

And I think I liked the story and some of the characters the most but I have to say it was the overall quality that made it a good game in my book. I don't think of any specific parts of it as really standout but rather each part was done to a good standard.

A late reply

On my comentary of john williams being a god, i ment compared to most computergame composers,on a personal note i will say that i truly belive that the wall to wall music from the empire stikes back is the best filmmusic i have ever heard,though sadly it have been over exposed and people hardly takes notice of it any more(this is of couse a matter of personal taste).

A late reply

On my comentary of john williams being a god, i ment compared to most computergame composers,on a personal note i will say that i truly belive that the wall to wall music from the empire stikes back is the best filmmusic i have ever heard,though sadly it have been over exposed and people hardly takes notice of it any more(this is of couse a matter of personal taste).

Jeremy Soule did the Music for KOTOR not John Williams!!! :)

Storyline was good(i have seen better like fallout2 & BG2 :unsure: ) but i think the best KotOR`s feature was animation.Almost unbelievable! B) The graphic engine is awful(in pc) and i feel very disappointed that the same engine is being used in KotOR2 :angry:

Life... is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world

The things that i liked about KotOR was in the following order:

1) The Storyline, it gave that epic feel back to the star wars universe, something which the prequels lacked.

2) The voiceacting and dialogue, it was the first game, movie or book for that matter where i actually cared for the characters, excellent job by Bioware.

3) The music, Jeremy Soule did a very good job on making a collage of his own and John Williams music to this 90 minute long soundtrack. Tracks like "The Sith", "The Sith academy", "Dantooine outback", "Jedi Academy", "Ahto City", "The unknown world", "Boarding the Star Forge" and "Bastila Shan" are on my winamp-playlist and listened to almost daily.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

1) The Storyline, it gave that epic feel back to the star wars universe, something which the prequels lacked.

2) The voiceacting and dialogue, it was the first game, movie or book for that matter where i actually cared for the characters, excellent job by Bioware.

3) The music, Jeremy Soule did a very good job on making a collage of his own and John Williams music to this 90 minute long soundtrack. Tracks like "The Sith", "The Sith academy", "Dantooine outback", "Jedi Academy", "Ahto City", "The unknown world", "Boarding the Star Forge" and "Bastila Shan" are on my winamp-playlist and listened to almost daily.

I agree all round. But the Cut secences had strange special effects.... It looked fake.

I agree all round but the Cut scenes looked wierd. Fake. :angry:

I don't want to get off topic but the prequels aren't finished yet. The prequels are made to be judged by watching all 3 of them. All 3 are little bits and pieces to a bigger story. They are like chapters to a book rather then a book themselves.

The same goes with the OT, the A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi are all small stories to a bigger, story....the OT. Once Episode III comes out May 19, 2005 you'll view the PT in a new way and everything that didn't make sense or felt like it was a waste of time in EP1/EP2, would now make sense after you view EP3. Everything like the Anakin character development, Anakin/Padme love relationship development, Anakin/Obi relationship development, Anakin/Palpatine relationship development, Mace Windu/Yoda character development etc....

It wasn't just Episode 4: A New Hope that made SW what it is today, it was also the additions of ESB and ROTJ that added depth and development to the story. The same goes with the PT. And the PT/OT combine together to create an EVEN BIGGER story.

If you read chapter 1 & 2 of a 18 chapter book and says it lacks things and sucks, then you aren't seeing the whole picture. Read the next chapters and things will come clear and develope. Same goes with EP3. Everything will come together and make sense.

I know that you are talking about that Back to the SW universe feel. I do understand that the PT does lack that in some ways but it isn't GL's fault. I mean these movies are made 20 years apart so yes the directing styles and atmospheres would be different. If the PT's came out in 86, 89, and 1992 then it would have had that same feeling as the OT, but it came out 20+ years later. What do you expect?

If the Lord of the Rings Trilogy came out in 77, 80, and 1983 and directed by Peter Jackson and remade 20 years later again directed by Peter Jackson. I bet it wouldn't have that same feeling. It's not PJ's fault, its just that times change and so does movie making.

To get back on topic. I'm really sad/upset/disapointed/mad/angry/disturbed that JS is coming back to do the score for KOTOR II. He is the one that setted the tone for the KOTOR univese and with KOTOR II taking place 5 years after, it is still that same universe but much darker, so JS should still come back. Like I said in another thread. Its like Howard Shore doing the score for Fellowship of the Ring but not coming back to do Two Towers, or Return of the King. Another example would be John Williams doing the score for A New Hope and not coming back for Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

everything but they coulda at least made the closthes stick out so that they don't look like cardboard. but the game altogether was great i didn't even see the identity being revealed. i figured it was something else. that just makes me want to go play it now

my brother got hooked on rpg's because of kotor's story. that and the koolness that is jolee.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

characters and story, Bastila was simply one of the coolest and deepest characters ive seen

Then you must not have played many RPGs pal, Bastila is okay, but there are quite a few better ones.

Anyway, I have a feeling that this game is not going to go far beyond KotOR, it will probably be more of the same, which is not that bad, but it is going to be limited by its Xbox development, which they have already admitted to be working on harder than on the PC version.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

episode iii might explain some things, but it cant make up for bad acting, boring characters, lame fight scenes, the worst romance ever, and everything else that contributes to the crappiness of Episodes 1 and 2.

the storyling was easily the best aspect of KOTOR.

Tyrell:

" The prequels are made to be judged by watching all 3 of them. All 3 are little bits and pieces to a bigger story. They are like chapters to a book rather then a book themselves."

Tyrell, you don't have to eat an entire omelet to know that you don't like it. If people disliked one and two, there's very little chance they'll love them after watching three. If four combined hours of a story don't move you then you probably won't like the story.

That said, when episode three comes out, it will do wonderfully at the box office and millions will go see it. What more could you ask for?

TripleRRR:

" Then you must not have played many RPGs pal, Bastila is okay, but there are quite a few better ones."

Simply because you do not agree with someone, doesn't mean they're inexperienced. I have played a wide variety of RPGs and while I don't consider her the 'best'

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.