Vote for the name of our community pirate order!

What is your favorite name for our community pirate crew?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Vote on the name of our crew!

• Obsidian Marauders
    • Black Isle Bastards
    • Crew of the Obsidian Pearl
    • Raiders of the Obsidian Isle
    • Deadfire Pirates
    • The Obsidian Flag
    • Ondra's Oyster
    • Pirates of the Obsidian Order
    • Buccaneers of the Obsidian Order
    • Deadfire Corsairs of the Obsidian Order
    • Buccaneers of the Blackrock
    • Obsidian Oyster Cult
    • Corsairs of the Obsidian Ocean
    • Buccaneers of the Obsidian Ocean
    • other (please specify)

Ahoy backos,

(bucko, backer, and maybe wacko :p in one word)

Hey everyone!

You guys have asked for a special unique forum badge for Deadfire and we want to make that happen! We will be adding an $8 Extra option from the Fig campaign where you will receive an additional forum badge to hoist on your sails!

We are going to found a community pirate order. It is going to be the spiritual successor of the "Obsidian Order of Eternity" from the Kickstarter campaign for Pillars of Eternity 1.

As soon as we have decided on a name for this pirate order, Obsidian will add the option to pay 8$ dollars extra on the Fig campaign for Pillars of Eternity 2 and let you join this community pirate crew. You will get a pirate themed forum badge in return.

So make your decision! What should we call our community pirate crew?

The poll will end on Sunday 5th February, 2017 at 11:59 PM GMT+0

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 2

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Note: Pirate language is strongly encouraged in this thread (as long as it is PG13 :p )

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

AH HA Jim Lad, can't wait to sail with with Seamon Stains, Master Bates and Roger the Cabin boy!   :skull:

Edited by mieu
  • Like 1

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Aaahrrr! Pirates of the Obsidian Order must be the name! Aaahrrr!

Love Stresa, possibly my favourite location in the world  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

And abbreviated you get BIB, which is one of those things crybabies get when they're drooling too much. Somehow, it seems oh so fitting...

Edited by IndiraLightfoot
  • Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Note: Pirate language is strongly encouraged in this thread (as long as it is PG13 :p )

Would it be in bad taste to respond to this with:

Hoggaami jidka kabtanka.

(Sometimes, you just have to go with the Somali)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I think switching around "Black Isle Bastards" to "Bastards of the Black Isle" is better. But either would work for me in the end. ;)

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

LOL at the result so far.  :- 

You guys really want to go with a name that has no direct reference to either the game or the company or the theme? Ok...  :shrugz:

Well Fergus named Black Isle and Obsidian, and much (if not all) of the founders of Obsidian came from Black Isle, so it does have a connection to the company.  And Black Isle fits into the idea of an archipelago setting.

And its a fair argument that was made in the other thread that most pirates are not calling themselves that; one person's Privateer is another Pirate

• Like 5

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

For me Black Isle now is Obsidian Entertainment. I know, I know there are new "Black Isle Studios" but as far as I know those have nothing to do with Obsidian Entertainment.

The original Black Isle Studios were funded by Feargus Urquhart if I am not mistaken.

So for me I don't want to imply that Obsidian is inferior to the original Black Isle Studios or vice versa.

For me Obsidian Entertainment is the original Black Isle Studios.

Just wanted to share my point of view on that.

The name "Black Isle Bastards" should in no way be seen to disrespect or disregard Obsidian Entertainment.

Quite the opposite because it's a way to acknowledge the roots, the heritage of Obsidian Entertainment.

Edited by Fluffle
  • Like 1

LOL at the result so far.  :- 

You guys really want to go with a name that has no direct reference to either the game or the company or the theme? Ok...  :shrugz:

It does reference directly to the theme and the company.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer