Is there a map of Deadfire Archipelago?

It'd be a better fantasy setting if there weren't a world map. Leave it to be explored.

It's a pseudo-renaissance setting. In the real world much of the map was being uncovered by then (apart from Australia and New Zealand).

• Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

Interesting that Rauatai is a nation, NOT a landmass. The wording there could even have the Rauatai gulf as part of the same continental landmass as the Eastern Reach and Ixamitl.

This post from Sawyer is the one that puts Deadfire to the south:

"- Deadfire Archipelago - Quite a ways south of the Dyrwood, a wide archipelago of small volcanic island nations.  Naasitaq, home of many boreal dwarves and aumaua, is the biggest and most stable nation around.  Various nations and empires fight over the islands, to the east of which are sea monsters that invariably annihilate any ships that attempt to go exploring (many of them dwarven)." https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/64747-issues-with-npcitem-surveys/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1400302

Very true, this is why I thought to myself that Rauatai probably will be on a different continent due to Eastern Reach being rather "recently" discovered.

As for JES, this may be confusing because of the lenght of the archipelago: it supposedly spans from the southern pole all the way to the equator.

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Moving the western end of Deadfire south of Dyrwood, closer to Old Vailia, and having it stretch into the far east (with a very much larger southern ocean) would resolve most of the contradictions. However it would be hard for it to stretch "to the equator" if is south of Dyrwood (I believe it is confirmed that Dyrwood is in the southern hemisphere). I think we need to accept that Obsidian don't have a secret map of Eora, and official statements are sometimes contradictory. In terms of Deadfire gameplay, it makes sense for the Watcher to be able to sail south from Dyrwood to reach Deadfire, without having to cross/sail round a large continental landmass to get there.

The name Ixamitl PLAINS suggests an inland region with little or no coastline. This can be resolved if Rauatai is a costal strip along the northern edge of the Eastern Reach continent, cutting Ixamitl off from the sea to the north. Raedceras cuts Ixamitl from the sea to the south. The lack of coastline would help to explain why Ixamitl was never as expansionist as Vailia and Aedyr.

Edited by Fardragon
  • Like 1

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

It'd be a better fantasy setting if there weren't a world map. Leave it to be explored.

It's a pseudo-renaissance setting. In the real world much of the map was being uncovered by then (apart from Australia and New Zealand).

Right. However, in this world there be actual dragons and giant sea monsters. Possibly the world hasn't even been circumnavigated yet because it's just too dangerous.

• Like 3

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Right. However, in this world there be actual dragons and giant sea monsters. Possibly the world hasn't even been circumnavigated yet because it's just too dangerous.

Sea monsters? Naw, you got it all wrong, the stretch goal wasn't achieved  :shifty: 

• Like 4

I heared there's a map of Deadfire Archipelago in a weird antique store around Monastiraki square here in Athens. No one has ever figured out which one yet. Hm... I'll acquire the quest to find it! Off I go!

LlbpGHq.jpg

• Like 3

Ok, ok...

So here's the result of my quest:

After a thorough search in the endless junk maze that is the antique stores area of Monastiraki https://drive.google.com/open?id=11tqGQ-oiruAMzQArHWuAfouywueEACs1 I came across some old man called barba-Kostas, who claimed to have met a weird person some 36 years ago named Messier. That person claimed to be a companion of some supposedly famous sailor named Fulvano. He sold barba-Kostas a map of a far away land he traveled with that Fulvano guy. The map (barba-Kostas was kind enought to let me borrow the map for a quick scan) is this!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=131r0wBlTh48FucT0PDTINTsDIoypRSKN

So there you have it... the closest depiction of Deadfire Archipelago I could acquire.

EDIT: for unknown kinds of problems the above images could not be shown. I changed them with direct links - hope it works :/

Edited by Sedrefilos
  • Like 6

I came across some old man called barba-Kostas, who claimed to have met a weird person some 36 years ago named Messier. That person claimed to be a companion of some supposedly famous sailor named Fulvano. He sold barba-Kostas a map of a far away land he traveled with that Fulvano guy. The map (barba-Kostas was kind enought to let me borrow the map for a quick scan) is this!

Messier...

Anyhoo, the actual Fulvano's map looks like this :p

jtBbL3D.jpg

Edited by Messier-31
  • Like 1

Good work! I was trying to work out which way was the top. The most distinctive feature is the dark mass at the top right (NE?) It appears to be surrounded by a reef(?) called Magran's Teeth.

Edited by Fardragon

I was expecting Deadfire to be bigger... oh, well hope there is more uncharted islands to discover. After all it might look small but have noumerous maps.

It could still be quite huge assuming relatively similar ocean maps.  Plenty of space to explore... and get wrecked by hostile ships.

Here's the beta map

RSbxtVc.png

overlaid on that promo image I deskewed.

TYnB3lr.png

• Like 6

Some debate about it presently, but the top left right of the map appears to be Magram's Teeth and Ondra's Mortar.  Neketaka is located approximately in the center.

Edit: Checks hands like was taught in grade school.  One hand doesn't make an L shape, so that's probably not the left.  :p

Edited by Ethics Gradient

Nice! Now where's Naasitaq? 

Much to the south, so probably not in the game, because the size of Deadfire is just too enormous.

WHERE IS FULVANO'S VOYAGE CHAIN OF ISLAND(S), now that is the question.

• Like 1

Nice! Now where's Naasitaq? 

Much to the south, so probably not in the game, because the size of Deadfire is just too enormous.

No? I though we were gonna meet Sagani in Deadfire somewhere?