Pillars of Eternity shower thought

As a kid I waited with very little patience for games I was looking forward to. They could not come out fast enough after annoucement, and I wanted them to be cheap because I was broke all the time. At times, sadly, I pirated them.

Now I pay extra money beyond retail price to fund games with the hope that the developers use that money to take as long as they want. The longer, the better.

• 2 weeks later...

They could not come out fast enough after annoucement, and I wanted them to be cheap because I was broke all the time. At times, sadly, I pirated them.

Now I pay extra money beyond retail price to fund games with the hope that the developers use that money to take as long as they want. The longer, the better.

I might be older than you, but when I was younger it was the wild west and no one ever had a legit copy of any game.  Just the way it was, I'm not sorry..

But like you, now I over-buy games and the means to do so are never, ever, in question.

My theory is that people that played games as kids were the only people who survived because they learned how to "play the game" of life by applying their min/maxing skills to the real world, and they're really the only people that ended up having the means to afford, not just video games, but an intrinsically meaningful life for themselves today.

Again, nothing to be sorry about there either..

But I'm with you, there're plenty of kick-ass games to play today, so no rush on any particular one.  Wasn't it Feargus who said "it's late until it ships, but it sucks forever."?

cheers mate..

-tid242