Companions in PoE 1 that didn't appear

I go to kickstarter page of PoE1 and i saw the background art which consists number of characters and only 2 that i recognized: Aloth and Zahua.

Who's the guy beside Aloth? And who's that women in platemail with Arquebus? And also a shorter female character lashing out the whip? I don't think that's Sagani right?

So where are these characters, are they cut? Or they were reworked? Any chance of seeing them again?

The guy next to Aloth was transformed into Eder and the women in platemail into Pallegina. The girl on the far right was transformed into Sagani.So nobody was cut from the group here, they were just reworked.

You know, this was a very early concept art that was made before the actual characters were written in great detail. ;)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

The guy next to Aloth was transformed into Eder and the women in platemail into  Pallegina. The girl on the far right into Sagani.

I think it's Cadegund. I found out by watching the KS again. :D.. one thing i notice Tim Cain wasn't feature in the figstarter campaign video though.

Edited by Archaven

The guy next to Aloth was transformed into Eder and the women in platemail into  Pallegina. The girl on the far right into Sagani.

I think it's Cadegund. I found out by watching the KS again. :D.. one thing i notice Tim Cain wasn't feature in the figstarter campaign video though.

Damn, you're right, of course it's Cadegund. My bad.  :geek:

35167v4.jpg

Pretty sure one of them is Eder, in the images they first released for him he was called "Adair" (sorry Edair :p) and his hair was a lot longer and he had a more traditional fighter look.  The lady with the rifle is a priest of Magran named Cadegund.  She was ultimately cut, and replaced with Durance.  In theory she was still in the game somewhere as a Magran follower, I think supposedly the one at the main temple in Defiance Bay, but I could be wrong.

Whip wise you are going to have to link the pic.  I don't remember anyone ever being shown using a whip, and Sagani showed up really early in concept art and always looked like she does in game.  Her look/concept was one of the few that never changed from start to finish.

Edit: if you mean the bridge fight picture, yeah, that is Sagani they just changed her hair.  But she is using a bow in that picture, not a whip?

Edited by Karkarov

Damn, you're right, of course it's Cadegund. My bad.  :geek:

I love Pallegina. My first reaction when i first play PoE (i didn't back it).. i was thinking .. man could i romance her?  :biggrin: .. and you know the disappointment :p. But anyway, just wondering if Cadegund will make an appearance as the 8th companion? But looking at her design.. it's too similar with Pallegina. Basically that role has already been taken, so perhaps that's one reason she was cut.

Now with multi-class i really like to see MORE companions (i know we probably can't have many) but i dont mind if they add it later to expansions. I really love more companions though. I'm hopeful to get 8th companion but companions are the single most important thing for me in this game.

Pretty sure one of them is Eder, in the images they first released for him he was called "Adair" and his hair was a lot longer and he had a more traditional fighter look.  The lady with the rifle is a priest of Magran named Cadegund.  She was ultimately cut, and replaced with Durance.  In theory she was still in the game somewhere as a Magran follower, I think supposedly the one at the main temple in Defiance Bay, but I could be wrong.

Whip wise you are going to have to link the pic.  I don't remember anyone ever being shown using a whip, and Sagani showed up really early in concept art and always looked like she does in game.  Her look/concept was one of the few that never changed from start to finish.

I think you were right. That's sagani. I think the pic in the kickstarter background got me confused if she was lashing a whip or something.

e49917855934dcc9a6b2ee4bc18cf8e7_origina

From L to R:

Adair the Rogue aka Eder the Fighter

Aloth the Wizard

Forton aka Zahua the Monk

Cadegund, Priestess of Magran

Sagani the Ranger

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

From L to R:

Adair the Rogue aka Eder the Fighter

Aloth the Wizard

Cadegund, Priestess of Magran

Sagani the Ranger

You forgot the mysterious kraken to the far right. Returning character. :p

I hope Durance's return.

I could imagine him as a villain in PoE2...  :cat:

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

I hope Durance's return.

At the moment it looks like Edér, Pallegina and Aloth are the only returning, recruitable companions, thought Obsidian mentioned that other may make cameos. Personally I can't see a reason (that fits his character) why Durance would leave the Dyrwood, but who knows what Obsidian have planned.

From L to R:

Edair the Rogue aka Eder the Fighter

Aloth the Wizard

Cadegund, Priestess of Magran aka Durance, Major Douchebag

Sagani the Ranger

I fixed that for you ^^^

I also hope Durance returns as a non companion character.  Mostly so I can kill him.

I like Durance character. I know it's MCA character and he didn't part with Obsidian in a good way i think. So Durance is as much as RIP.

On the other hand.. i actually like Iselmyr. Sadly she was trapped in Aloth's body? If they can actually (story-wise) transfer Iselmyr to a real character that be awesome. But then Aloth will lose that interesting banter and dialogues.