So you they said that some of the NPC's will go to the inn and have a drink after work, is this going to be random where they may or may not go to the inn?

Also are they going to have drinking buddies? like the blacksmith is friends with the guy in the stall down the road.

If it is going to be random, can there be a rare chance that they get raging drunk and get into bralls and maybe pass out in the corner or in the ditch of the road?

Or even just the random days where there dialog and animation changes because they are still drunk or hungover from the night before. 

It would be nice if they could have an Oblivion-like level of detail when it came to NPC schedules, but I think that's something that would be a lot less noticeable in a game like this, especially for generic NPCs.

It would be cool if there were a few NPCs that exhibited strange behavior if you paid enough attention to them, such as late-night benders.

I do really like the idea of drinking buddies, or more relationships between NPCs in general, even if only for named characters.

It would be nice if they could have an Oblivion-like level of detail when it came to NPC schedules, but I think that's something that would be a lot less noticeable in a game like this, especially for generic NPCs.

It would be cool if there were a few NPCs that exhibited strange behavior if you paid enough attention to them, such as late-night benders.

I do really like the idea of drinking buddies, or more relationships between NPCs in general, even if only for named characters.

It could be relay fun to use NPC's drinking to cause an impromptu scavengers hunt to try to find the Blacksmith who got blasted and wandered off his group. 

It could be relay fun to use NPC's drinking to cause an impromptu scavengers hunt to try to find the Blacksmith who got blasted and wandered off his group. 

I'm not a huge fan of 'impromptu' quests, but if NPCs were to have somewhat random behaviors, it might be interesting to see the set-up to a hand-built quest being triggered at a random time by that type of thing.

I really like the notion that NPC quest givers and quest objective NPC's will have a schedule and will not always be in the same spot and have a [more] realistic life; be it going to the inn, sleeping, or tasked with other things around their town/region. It never sat well with me in most games and to a degree with PoE1 that some NPC's were just standing around forever and ever. For instance there's a quest from Dunryd Row an Orlan gives you quest to question three people and three missing persons. You can always find these three individuals to question in the same spot always and after you question them they stay there. It really detracts from the overall 'living world' to me reducing immersion and realism (the ultimate scary word of the decade in all RPG's).

Another case of this [in a way] is that

dude you save from the dungeons below Readeric's Hold will be found later in an Abondoned house in the South if you've not yet completed the Kolsc quest.

It's those kind's NPC's-have-a-life-too details I really enjoy and hope they build many more like this into PoE2.

While I would love to explain more on why I like to have this concept in the game I ALSO know why it's not done and going into more detail then explained already... I might as well go lambast myself in the mirror instead. haha!

The only adventurer activity that NPC scheduling can add to is stealth and thievery (generally, another one could be crafting and trade like caravans and NPCs making stuff to sell like in Ultima), which works better in sandboxes. If even with all scheduling party can just go into any house and take everything it's just cosmetic stuff. Quests with detective work is another thing but it's a lot different from just placing NPCs at house at night and at vendor stall at day. And knowing modern design Obsidian would write everything you need to know in your journal as always making figuring out where NPC might be moot.

Edited by Shadenuat