Community Pirate Order! Unique forum badge

I think we should go with either "the obsidian marauders" or the "bastards of the Black Isle"

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

the black isle bastards (and variations) has advantage o' multiple meanings... and is a bit irreverent for folks who like that kinda the. if the former black isle folks is offended, then am guessing we can drop from consideration.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

count us as voting in favor o' anything with "bastards" and "black isle."  

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

A (poorly made) mock up of a "bastards of the Black Isle" badge:

http://imgur.com/KepG77H

IDK, could maybe use more skulls? (I am a warhammer fan so maybe take this a grain of salt :D )

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

IDK, could maybe use more skulls? (I am a warhammer fan so maybe take this a grain of salt :D )

suggestion: add the black isle logo lightning bolts so as not to confuse the island with a lump o' dog doo-doo.... and perhaps a skull.

HA! Good Fun!

What is the maximum number of options on a forum poll here?

And what should the character limit be for the name?

Edited by Fluffle

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

suggestion: add the black isle logo lightning bolts so as not to confuse the island with a lump o' dog doo-doo.... and perhaps a skull.

HA! Good Fun!

yeah, didn't want to be too on the nose with the black isle stuff but if you insist. ;)

http://imgur.com/7pQ7Lxd

-Josh Sawyer

HA! Good Fun!

yeah, didn't want to be too on the nose with the black isle stuff but if you insist. ;)

http://imgur.com/7pQ7Lxd

*chuckle*

that might indeed be too on-the-nose. but give it a shot.  still needs a skull.

HA! Good Fun!

You don't need Obsidian for that. You just need somebody to take over the initiative. Aarik (while being really nice and helpful) isn't your mama. :p

Sure - but then we'd need another thread to choose the person to take over the initiative :p

Fluffle - find the top rated ones from the poll and whatever other good suggestions you reckon have popped up since (and will fit) and make a poll for it here - set a deadline of 2 or 3 days and then it's settled.

(You can add a 2nd poll to a single thread with more options - just make sure each one has 'voted in the other' as an option)

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Okay everyone, please let us post each our three favorite choices for the name.

Also please consider character length. The name should not be too long.

I will start. My three choices:

1.) Obsidian Marauders

2.) Black Isle Bastards

3.) Deadfire Pirates

I will set up a poll on this forum with the choices that are mentioned most often by you. I will also consider the options in the straw poll.

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Buccaneers of the Obsidian Ocean

The Obsidian Flag

Obsidian Marauders

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Marauders of the Obsidian Coast

The Nameless Whatever of Some Obscure Place

The Black Beards of the Eternal Fire (Which Is Dead Now But Stop Being So Nitpicking Dammit To The Kraken With You)

Cap'n Fluffle, save us! Pick a name! I'll go with anything by now!