Community Pirate Order! Unique forum badge

the bloody bastards of black isle?

sounds kinda fun.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

well, the bloody beautiful bastards of black isle might be too much even for fluffle.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

am admitted most liking bleeding, bloody, besotted, benighted or debauched to fill in the blank o'  __________ bastards of black isle, but am thinking we would be satisfied with many combinations.  

HA! Good Fun!

Ballast of the Black Isle

Black Isle Bulwark?

Bilge rats of the Black Isle?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

blushing?

Bashful? Sounds more appropriate for a permanent descriptor. 

Anyway, I still want my double-Os. Mostly because two Os put together resemble a Möbius band. Same reason the membership fee is 8.

Edited by twincast

Proud Probatanthrope @D:OS

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)

Vainglorious Bastards of Black Island

in which a pirate crew o' gaunites manage to kill the aedyr emperor/empress by setting a theatre ablaze while the high nobility o' the aedyr empire watches a propaganda play 'bout the fall o' st. waidwen.

call dibs as the bear gaunite.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3

blushing?

Bashful? Sounds more appropriate for a permanent descriptor. 

Anyway, I still want my double-Os. Mostly because two Os put together resemble a Möbius band. Same reason the membership fee is 8.

It's not like a capital "B" does not resemble an "8" at all

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

I wonder if you guys will find a name before the campaign is over... :biggrin:

Did it take a long time for "The Obsidian Order" to get named?

Not really. We made it up on the fly on the kickstarter comment section, with only about 5-10 people involved. That cut the whole "let's discuss this whole thing to death" out. You really just need one or two or three people taking over the initiative. That's better than having a lot of people talking about what could be done if only somebody would finally decide and act upon it...

The thing got "official" on day 5 of the campaign, but we actually started it during the first days. We were a pretty active bunch on kickstarter back in the days, writing hundreds of comments each day...  ;)

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60483-the-obsidian-order-of-eternity-wants-you/

Edit: At about day 10 into the campaign we also had a website (made by Alper), a great founding document (made by BatNat), a crest (made by me) and a small bunch of people who heavily marketed for the effort in the kickstarter comments. So everything was made by individual dedicated fans while Obsidian only delivered the technical backend for the funding. Just as an inspiration for you guys what could be possible... ;)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

We need Obsidian to give us a cut-off date - put up an official poll - then go with it. (Or just let Aarik D pick it from those suggested)

(Then we start discussing what to have on the badge design: "A ship", "No, a sword", "No, a mongoose" :skull::aiee:  )

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

How we doing guys? The sooner we get the name situated, the faster we can get that add-on listed for your guys. The forum badge will be designed by Rob Nesler himself, so I'm pretty sure you guys will be pretty pleased with it. I'll show you guys what he cooks up and see if you have any feedback. 

Again, this is a forum badge, so I think the best thing would be to have a short name if possible. If it's a long title, I don't believe there is enough space you can put into a 300x300 pixel image. (not sure about the size) But do keep the size space in mind since it is a badge and not a title. 

• Like 3

Well we certainly are bickering, aren't we? The Bickering Bastards :p

• Like 1

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)