Community Pirate Order! Unique forum badge

What about something with "Black Isle" on it? Like "Black Isle Marauders" (since marauders seems to be the most popular) or something along those lines, so it's both thematically fitting and a bit different than th Obsidian order. And it would be a nice homage, too, IMHO.

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 5

Worth noting: When I enter my Fig account, no pirate membership add-on is available as of yet. Perhaps they're waiting on us deciding upon a name.

No, not "perhaps". They are in fact waiting for us to decide on a name.

• Like 3

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Worth noting: When I enter my Fig account, no pirate membership add-on is available as of yet. Perhaps they're waiting on us deciding upon a name.

Most likely. Description of the add-on would be funny otherwise: "Some freak club membership with random thematic name and a forum badge or whatever: 8 bucks"

• Like 2

I did suggest "Buccaneers of the Obsidian Order" because 

A.It is in keeping with the previouse Obsidian order &

B.Either Buccaneer (or Pirates) nails it to the theme of POE II  :cat:

But yeh, i am up for pressing the $8 Fig button to get a badge (at least it is not on trust like the last campaign lol)

We are missing Sister Goldring, Batnat, Crabby, Dlux & Jason on the Figstarter :(

• Like 2

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

Great point, Khanach! :)

Also, Pirates of the Obsidian Order is a bit too generic to my liking.

And who knows? BoO is perhaps led by a vicious pirate with a tame hamster with an eye-patch.

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I did suggest "Buccaneers of the Obsidian Order"

And BOO is so much better than POO...
ARR, The Archipelagos Ravaging Raiders

YARR, Your Archipelagos Ravaging Raiders

YAHARR, Your Artistic & Happy Archipelago Ravaging Raider

Edit: Not good ones... just, would be funny with something like "Yaharro!" (O being "Order")

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Great point, Khanach! :)

Also, Pirates of the Obsidian Order is a bit too generic to my liking.

And who knows? BoO is perhaps led by a vicious pirate with a tame hamster with an eye-patch.

haha, yes. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to help Minsc with the aid of BOO in a quest while playing Neverwinter online at the weekend :) 

Battlemage of The Obsidian Order|WoOS's|AoUA|BoSB & Knight of the Lily
51f51855-1d80-4893-b580-1894e7e77c20_zps

Currently playing Torment:Tides of Numenera & Reading Neverwinter Saga Gauntlgrym

What about something with "Black Isle" on it? Like "Black Isle Marauders" (since marauders seems to be the most popular) or something along those lines, so it's both thematically fitting and a bit different than th Obsidian order. And it would be a nice homage, too, IMHO.

One of my suggestions in the original thread was "Raiders of the Obsidian Isle", as an homage (and my attempt to be [Clever]).

Regardless of the piratical noun or format chosen, I do really like the sound of a Black Isle homage. :)

• Like 1

What greater cause is there, than the jingling of coin in my pocket?

...the jingling of coin in your pocket.

I did suggest "Buccaneers of the Obsidian Order"

And BOO is so much better than POO...
ARR, The Archipelagos Ravaging Raiders

YARR, Your Archipelagos Ravaging Raiders

YAHARR, Your Artistic & Happy Archipelago Ravaging Raider

Edit: Not good ones... just, would be funny with something like "Yaharro!" (O being "Order")

The Yaharro! = The Young and Honorable Aquatic Rapscallion Raider Order

Okay it was a stretch...

Random musing -

Order of Obsidian Freebooters (OOF!)

The Obsidian Order of Notorious Privateers, not Pirates (TOONPNP)

The Order of Obsidian Sea Hawks (TOOSH)

Corsairs of the Obsidian Seas (COS)

The Obsidian Buccaneers for Naval Order  (TOBNO) (sounds like a weirdo temperance group)

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Of the above list/poll, I like Deadfire Corsairs of the Obsidian Order the best.

I'm not particularly biased toward Corsairs over Marauders or Pirates or whatever, but I like having the game name referenced again, really want to keep an O alliteration in there, and keeping continuity as another - mayhaps more unsavory - branch of the Obsidian Order would be a nice bonus.

Proud Probatanthrope @D:OS

Tor.com: Boob Plate Armor Would Kill You (cf. "ball plate armor" - Just think about it.)

"Obsidian Banner - the Black Flag cover band turned pirate crew"

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands