Community Pirate Order! Unique forum badge

Hey everyone!

You guys have asked for a special unique forum badge for Deadfire and we want to make that happen! We will be adding an $8 Extra option from the Fig campaign where you will receive an additional forum badge to hoist on your sails! 

I am creating a new thread so that this discussion is separate from this  thread to avoid confusion since two different topics are going on. Lets form this pirate order you scoundrels! 

• Like 13

I compiled all of the names people have posted.

• the Obsidian Pirates
  • The Obsidian Pirates of Deadfire
  • Obsidian Band of eternal Pirates
  • The Obsidian Marauders
  • Raiders of the Obsidian Isle
  • The Obsidian Flag
  • Obsidian Order of Deadfire
  • Deadfire Marauders of Eternity
  • the Blue Moon Marauders of Deadfire
  • Pillaging Pirates of Deadfire
  • Deadfire Corsairs of the Obsidian Order
  • Deadfire Pirates
  • Crew of the Obsidian Pearl
  • Buccaneers of the Deadfire ARRchipelago

• Like 6

will pillage for rum

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Is this for a badge or a title?

I'll donate for either, but I'd rather not lose the existing magic-user title.

If a badge, is it in addition to the Fig badge? I'm running out of room ...

It's for a unique badge in addition to the Fig badge.

And hopefully, this unique badge here will be pirate themed.

Concerning the last remark, I think the forum badges should not be aligned in one column, should they?

It should be two columns I'd propose. There would even be space for 3 columns in one row.

"Loyal Servant of His Most Fluffyness, Lord Kerfluffleupogus, Devourer of the Faithful!"

ringoffireresistance.gif *wearing the Ring of Fire Resistance* (gift from JFSOCC)

Is this for a badge or a title?

I'll donate for either, but I'd rather not lose the existing magic-user title.

If a badge, is it in addition to the Fig badge? I'm running out of room ...

It's for a unique badge in addition to the Fig badge.

And hopefully, this unique badge here will be pirate themed.

Concerning the last remark, I think the forum badges should not be aligned in one column, should they?

It should be two columns I'd propose. There would even be space for 3 columns in one row.

Space, yes. The question is whether the board software offers this feature. ;)

35167v4.jpg

• The Obsidian Pirates of Deadfire
  • The Obsidian Flag
  • Crew of the Obsidian Pearl

^These three are my faves

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

could class up the joint with a bit o' the carta marina:

hic sunt dracones

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I've been kind of following this from afar and as an outsider, I can only ask, do you want your band to sound like a sports team... that loses all the time? The Obsidian Pirates sounds like a AAA team for the Padres, something else I wouldn't name my pirate band. I haven't spent any money, so I don't get a vote, but I think names that describe your band would be preferable to things like 'the Obsidian [name of mascot here].' Except for the Obsidian Flag. For some reason, probably the novelty, that isn't as irksome.

Well here's a Strawpoll for everyone to vote on.

http://www.strawpoll.me/12244672

How long should we poll for?

Huzzah! My choice is tied for lead... at one vote each for three different names. Edited by Eumaios

So shines the name so shines the name of Roger Young!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MEJM0cboDg

could class up the joint with a bit o' the carta marina:

hic sunt dracones

HA! Good Fun!

Image-Header-Map.jpg

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Why not use real boat names like the Obsidian Cacafuego.

Actually, that brings up a good point. You name the ship, not the band. Why not keep the original group name?  Maybe Latinize (Valianize?) it?

Ordo Obsidianus.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle