Hi guys. I never used the skill which summon weapons as I thought it is kind of useless if you get so many yellow weapons around, also I play with monk who uses fists traditionally. But I am very curious how summonning weapons makes sense and how to use it optimally. Now I got an option /during my 2. playthrough/ to buy gloves from the dwarven smith in the Crucible Knights' keep. He offers glove that can summon firebrand. Is it strong?

WHAT MECHANISMS APPLY when I am using such a weapon? The wizzard has a staff in his skill set that can be summonned in battle... Is it useless or not? Do you have a lot experience with such weapons?

Right, the first thing to know is that all summoned weapons are part of the universal weapon group. This means that they benefit from the +6 accuracy from any weapon focus talent (for example, if you have Weapon Focus: Knight then, even though Firebrand is a Greatsword which doesn't fall in the Knight weapon group, you'd still get +6 accuracy). However you only get the accuracy bonus once, so don't take multiple Weapon Focus talents hoping for more accuracy.

As for how good they are, that depends on which summoned weapon you're talking about. Citzal's Spirit Lance is perhaps the best weapon in the game, Llengrath's Warding Staff less so. Generally speaking summoned weapons have significantly higher base damage than their mundane equivalents, which means % damage increases benefit them significantly more.

In the case of Firebrand, I believe the main benefits are higher base damage (possibly dual damage type fire/slashing?). It's a good option for many characters but I think the most obvious use is on a Barbarian since this allows high damage to be done to a high area.

OK, very nice, but does it mean that I have to remove the weapons I now carry to use this summonned weapon? I.e. does it occupy my weapon slot?

Edited by IamNOOB

If you use a monk and want summoned weapons I would strongly recommend the long pain. Also works in melee and has great base damage and ACC. Way better than fists because those have low base damage + a bonus. Only the base damage gets influenced by things like savage attack, crits and so on. Also the normal fists ACC bonus doesn't get applied to special attacks like Force of Anguish and Torment's Reach. Long Pain's (even higher) ACC on the other hand works perfectly well.

Firebrand for monks is kind of meh.

It's cool on paladins, fighters, rogues and barbs - until you can get durgan steel. Then unique greatswords are better.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Monks have higher base damage for their fists nearly equal to the large 1h weapons while swinging with the speed of a fast 1h weapon. Even if a bonus affects just the base damage, the gains are not negligible (they're the same as for other weapons). 

Yes, but don't forget that their ACC bonus doesn't get applied to special attacks!

This is a big disadvantage of monk's fists. The Long Pain don't have this problem, they are as fast as fists (I mean they are fists), do more damage because they have huge base damage and don't get that weird bonus and their ACC bonus is higher and works correctly.

I think most monk builds are way better off when they dual wield or use a bashing shield. Torment's Reach is the main reason: full attacks (meaning two cones instead of one for the same amount of wounds) and the cone doesn't care about your weapons' damage. So summoned 2handers don't make a lot of sense in my opinion.

Edited by Boeroer

Yes, but don't forget that their ACC bonus doesn't get applied to special attacks!

This is a big disadvantage of monk's fists. The Long Pain don't have this problem...

In this regard (+ACC) TLP have exactly the same problem. If you want to apply on strike effects (Force of anguish, stunning fists, etc..) nothing beats enchanted weapons

Edited by peddroelm

WPNTVf7.jpg

Argh - really? Sorry for the misinformation on that part. Man - who coded that stuff?

Last things I said still apply: dual wielding is best for TR. Fists are cool until the late mid game and clearly fall behind after getting durgan steel.

Enchanted weapon acc bonus applying to special attacks ?

Are you sure ?

I thought special attack secondary roll applied a spell-like accuracy (+1xLvl bonus).

That also applies (even with monk fist/TLP). It is why for example carnage hits will roll with more ACC than the center hit after a few levels and accurate carnage perk .

WPNTVf7.jpg

You find ingots throughout the White March. Once you pass the final battle in the battery you will be able to use the forge to enchant Weapons, Armor and Shields with those ingots. Once you do that it seems to me that going back to Chapter III and IV they become cakewalks no matter what difficulty you play. But if you truly are a Noob it should seem wonderful.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.