Have some suggestion,How about Make inns camping and foods great again lol

:cat: In POE the “resting system”mostly just for recharge the spells ...

But it could be more fun and have more functions :

1.When team set up a camp fire we could have an option to progress a conversation with your teammates or skip it to rest , most random talking could happen in here  this way we don‘t miss any of them by accident ,also can make the team interact with each other more often ,so we don't need to talk to them individually

2.when you do like the party-talking ,then you or teammates will gain some benefits e.g.:

If you know what's their favorite food is ,you can let them eat that and they'll get more benefits form that kind of foods etc.

3.Inns should have more “darts game” elements .

you can choose a table and order some foods and  drinks then your teammates will say some funny things,if they don't like the foods that you dished then they definitely will let you know,just for fun,also can make the inn more alive(and Useable)

4. this all can be done by something like “”pic-dialogues“”  which is how you interact with the world in POE

Just some ideas and what 's you guys think on this ? ( :banghead: as always ,sorry for my poor English :alienani: )

• Like 1

I read something on the Codex that I think would improve Food (especially) a lot.

Remove it entirely, and go for a "Resource" based system. Like Battle Brothers.

Have X amount of Food resource, let's say 10 Food. When you Rest, -2, or -1 every 15-20 minutes.

What happens when depleted? "Starved" status effect, and all characters gets penalties to abilities. Similar to "Tired" or "Exhausted" when you haven't rested for a bit.

Oh heck no!

The last thing we need in an RPG is the equivilent of a hunger and thirst bar. It adds nothing to the game but tedious micromanagement. Hell, that idea doesn't add much in survival games.

You either end up in a situation where you're always watching the clock to find more food or you end up just having a load on food in the stash after the first couple of areas (or maybe worst of both if you are expected to manually feed the party). Or you end up spending more time playing quartermaster with your inventory if you don't have (or turn off) a stash. (And/or PDX have to start giving us horses/pack animals to carry all the food and water.)

Heck, I consider making my PCs on the table top fork out 5 silver a day for food to be just on the border of excessive micromanagement as it is; I sure as frack woudn't want to make the issue even more complicated.

The current system is fine.

(What next, stamina meters?)

Edited by Aotrs Commander

I read something on the Codex that I think would improve Food (especially) a lot.

Have X amount of Food resource, let's say 10 Food. When you Rest, -2, or -1 every 15-20 minutes.

What happens when depleted? "Starved" status effect, and all characters gets penalties to abilities. Similar to "Tired" or "Exhausted" when you haven't rested for a bit.

That is really similar to Darkest Dungeon system. You have to buy food before venturing on a dungeon. You can use it to heal a really small amount of health but sometimes your team will ask to stop to eat. Also, you can camp and eat to recover extra health.

I don't know, I'm not thrilld by this. I really liked survival mode on FO:NV but I can't be sure something like that would be meaningful at all in this game. It sounds like it would be too easy to get plenty of food, or annoying to have to go back to town just to buy some supplies.

I'm all for improving inns and having conversations during rest. The former is just improving the world, in general, so I don't think it's necessary to specifically point that out. The latter would be really interesting, since having conversations during rest feels more natural. It could be something like being in the Normandy in ME, where companions have different dialogues than on the field. It seems a bit silly to stop in the middle of some catacombs just to talk about your daddy issues or whatever.

• Like 1

I'm not against this, but that just isn't, even arguably, "an improvement".

An improvement on something is similar but better.

What you're proposing there is entirely different and essentially completely unrelated subsystem (which could actually co-exist with the current food system). It might be great. It's not an "improvement".

Personally I think the whole "food as temporary buff" deal is kind of annoying to manage in Pillars 1, especially if you want everyone to have a food so have to carefully split the stacks and click them individually and so on. So I'd be happy to either see a big change like you've suggested (which could be an improvement or just tedious, pointless resource management, depending entirely on the precise design), or just an improvement to the way food is handled by the UI. Making the buffs last longer (even if they had to become smaller) would be good too (maybe "until rest").

The problem with your proposal, though, is that it overlaps with the current "camping supplies" design, which already (presumably) incorporates food, so that'd need looking at.

The OP's suggestion isn't bad but it would seem like it was stretch-goal material, not merely a normal suggestion, as it'd have to be an entirely new and pretty big system, and require a ton of extra dialogue to be written and recorded.

It seems a bit silly to stop in the middle of some catacombs just to talk about your daddy issues or whatever.

The most hilarious game for this is Fallout 4. A lot about the NPCs has been improved to make them seem less static, but with this they kind of went too far, because it seems to be triggered on area transition, so I've had bunches of NPCs want to have a serious conversation just as I zoned into a dungeon... Like, Piper, seriously, do you really want to talk about this in a radioactive storm-drain full of raiders?

Edited by Eurhetemec

Oh heck no!

The last thing we need in an RPG is the equivilent of a hunger and thirst bar. It adds nothing to the game but tedious micromanagement. Hell, that idea doesn't add much in survival games.

You either end up in a situation where you're always watching the clock to find more food or you end up just having a load on food in the stash after the first couple of areas (or maybe worst of both if you are expected to manually feed the party). Or you end up spending more time playing quartermaster with your inventory if you don't have (or turn off) a stash. (And/or PDX have to start giving us horses/pack animals to carry all the food and water.)

Heck, I consider making my PCs on the table top fork out 5 silver a day for food to be just on the border of excessive micromanagement as it is; I sure as frack woudn't want to make the issue even more complicated.

The current system is fine.

(What next, stamina meters?)

yeah i agreed, fallout 4 's survive mode is really annoying,it is basically sacrifice game-play to achieve some kind of realistic

But I didn't  suggest that,I think if we during a 60+hours  game-play having more immersion elements should be good,if you looked what I said,this is not all about foods actually,I just thought INN  and Camp system should be more interesting

I'm not against this, but that just isn't, even arguably, "an improvement".

An improvement on something is similar but better.

What you're proposing there is entirely different and essentially completely unrelated subsystem (which could actually co-exist with the current food system). It might be great. It's not an "improvement".

Personally I think the whole "food as temporary buff" deal is kind of annoying to manage in Pillars 1, especially if you want everyone to have a food so have to carefully split the stacks and click them individually and so on. So I'd be happy to either see a big change like you've suggested (which could be an improvement or just tedious, pointless resource management, depending entirely on the precise design), or just an improvement to the way food is handled by the UI. Making the buffs last longer (even if they had to become smaller) would be good too (maybe "until rest").

The problem with your proposal, though, is that it overlaps with the current "camping supplies" design, which already (presumably) incorporates food, so that'd need looking at.

The OP's suggestion isn't bad but it would seem like it was stretch-goal material, not merely a normal suggestion, as it'd have to be an entirely new and pretty big system, and require a ton of extra dialogue to be written and recorded.

It seems a bit silly to stop in the middle of some catacombs just to talk about your daddy issues or whatever.

The most hilarious game for this is Fallout 4. A lot about the NPCs has been improved to make them seem less static, but with this they kind of went too far, because it seems to be triggered on area transition, so I've had bunches of NPCs want to have a serious conversation just as I zoned into a dungeon... Like, Piper, seriously, do you really want to talk about this in a radioactive storm-drain full of raiders?

actually ,i have a lot to suggest ,but i know just adding something in the vain hope is not right,so this is basically a suggest to change the “dialogue environment” to some thing more sensible,most things  are already there ,just to marry them together