Pirates of Monkey I- ehm, Deadfire Archipelago!

Yes.

Yes, I did it.

I transcribed the whole song, completing it with action tags to fit our PoEII: Deadfire returning companions.

Please, feel free to tag yourself and join this choir of thieving balladeers!

Original song from The Curse of Monkey Island: 

Iselmyr: We're a band of vicious pirates,

Aloth: A-sailing out to sea!
Edér: When you'll hear our gentle singing,
Iselmyr: You'll make sure to turn and flee!
Pallegina: ... Ach! This is ridiculous!

Pallegina: [clears her throat and snaps her fingers, briskly] Come on, men! We've got to recover that map!

Edér: That pirate will be done for, when he falls into our trap.

Edér: [Puts his arm around Aloth's shoulders] We're a club of tuneful rovers!
Iselmyr: [Puts their arm on Edér's and they both start step-dancing in unison] We can sing in every clef!
Aloth: We can even hit the high notes!
Iselmyr: It's just too bad we're tone deaf!

Edér and Aloth: [Jump-dancing around a baffled Pallegina] A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Pallegina: [Wild eyed, energically pointing towards the enemy ship on the horizon] Let's go defeat that evil pirate!
Aloth: [Winks mischievously] We know he's sure to lose, ´cause we know just where to fire at!

Aloth: We're thieving balladeers!
Iselmyr: A gang of cutthroat mugs!!
Edér: [in a matter-of-fact tone] To fight us off ye don't need guns!
Aloth: [shrugs] Just really good ear plugs!

Edér and Aloth: A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Pallegina: [Takes a few deep, calming breaths and tries to behave like nothing's happening] All right, crew, let's get to work!
Iselmyr: [stabbing Pallegina in the chest with a finger] Our vocation is a thing we love, a thing we'd never shirk!

Iselmyr: We'll fight you in the harbor!
Edér: We'll battle you on land!
Aloth: When you meet singing pirates...
Pallegina: [Feathers: ruffling. Composure: melting] They'll be MORE than you can STAND!

Edér: [beaming] Ooooh! That was a good one!
Pallegina: [Fuming] NO, it WASN'T!!

Pallegina: [Clapping her hands in an hurried fashion] No time for song! We've got to move!!
Edér: [Clutching his sword with both hands] The battle will be long, but our courage we will prove!

Edér: We're a pack a´ scurvy sea dogs
Iselmyr: [sassy] Have we pity? Not a dram!
Aloth: We all eat roasted garlic...
Iselmyr: [Elbowing Edér in the ribs] ...then sing from the diaphragm!

Edér and Aloth: A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Pallegina: [On the verge of tears] Less singing, more sailing!
Aloth: When we defeat our wicked foe, his ship he will be bailing!

Edér: [Puffing up his chest] If ye try ta fight us...
Iselmyr: [slaps the air with Aloth's grimoire]...you will get a nasty whackin´!
Edér: If you disrespect our singing´...
Aloth:[Evokes a bunch of writhing tentacles with a flick of his wrist] ...we will feed ya to a kraken!

Edér and Aloth: [Edér grabs Aloth and swings him into an elegant dip] A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Pallegina:[Covers her face with her hands and lets out an exasperated groan] I´m getting so sick of you guys and your rhyming!!

Iselmyr: We´re ready to set sail, though the cannons need a priming! [shoves themselves inside a cannon's mouth, feet first]

Aloth: [Now positively stuck inside the cannon] We're troublesome corsairs!
Edér: [Grabs Aloth by the arms and pulls] And we've come to steal your treasures!
Iselmyr: [Laboriously kicking her way out] We would shoot you on the downbeat...
Aloth: ...but we have to rest five measures. [Plops on the floor, panting]

Edér, helping the elf back to his feet: A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Pallegina: [Grabs Edér by the collar, seething with rage] Stop! Stop! Stop!
Edér: [Casually spins out of her grasp and grabs a broom to fend her off with] The brass is what we'll polish and the deck is what we'll mop!

Pallegina: [Finally erupting] You say you're nasty pirates, scheming, thieving, bad bushwhackers?! From what I've seen I tell you: you're not pirates! You're just SLACKERS!!

Edér and Aloth: [Edér is so happy to see Pallegina has joined the song that he reaches under Aloth's arms and hoists him up in the air, while the latter nonchalantly tries to pull a dramatic pose] A pirate I was meant to be! Trim the sails and roam the sea!

Pallegina: [Her sigh unexpectedly turns into a wicked grin] ...We'll surely avoid scurvy if we all eat an... orange. [she pronounces the last word with unusual gusto]
Iselmyr: And...! [Their eyes go wide] Um... Fye.
Edér: Well...
Aloth: [Looking down at Edér for help] ...err...?
Edér: Door hinge?
Aloth: No, no...
Edér: [Lets out a heavy sigh and puts Aloth back down] Guess the song's over, then.
Iselmyr: Guess so.
Aloth: [smooths his robes and clears his throat] Okay, then. Back to work!
Pallegina: [Hands on hips, smiling proudly] Gellarde!

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 20

"You fight like a dairy farmer"

basically Monkey Island was really a classic masterpiece. and before that was "Loom". 2 of very best Lucas games i've played. Oops i guess i roughly hinted my age. I still remember the Monkey Island theme. Damn that was awesome.

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 3

[i found the Treasure of Deadfire Archipelago™] T-Shirts available soon if you know where to dig :skull:

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

How awesome would this be if the voice actors did this?!  :w00t:

Oh goodness, it would be all kinds of epic!! *imagines Matthew Mercer taking near-total possession of the recording booth while yelling "All your characters are belong to us!"*

(Obsidian, I beg you: consider this for a possible easter egg for next stretch goal! :biggrin: )

[i found the Treasure of Deadfire Archipelago™] T-Shirts available soon if you know where to dig :skull:

Please, please, PLEASE somebody make these and put them on Redbubble- the official Obsidian store: I need those shirts in my life.

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 1

Why is it that I can see Pallegina, Eder, and Aloth sat on deck chairs refusing to do any work, ala the mutinous crew?

mi1.jpg

"Do you know what keelhauling means?"

Edited by FlintlockJazz
  • Like 3

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

Why is it that I can see Pallegina, Eder, and Aloth sat on deck chairs refusing to do any work, ala the mutinous crew?

mi1.jpg

"Do you know what keelhauling means?"

[At your request she resumes her duties on board the ship, Pallegina gives you a stern look from behind her sunglasses and starts sucking on her straw in an increasingly loud manner, until the gurgling roar of her orange juice occupies the deafened entirety of your consciousness.]

Edited by Barbedbeat
  • Like 2

Wait... Don't we get the skull of Concelhaut...

Rendition of Concelhaut the Demonic Skull...?

Wait, dammit, that doesn't scan!

Navigating the seas with the aid of Concelhaut's skull, eh?

OBSIDIAN, PLEASE!!! *Falls to her knees, hands clasped, tears welling up in her eyes*

How awesome would this be if the voice actors did this?! :w00t:

Easter egg confirmed.

(Pretty please?)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus