Probably too early for this kind of question, but still...

Do you people (at Obsidian) have expansion(s) in plan for Deadfire?
If yes, will it probably be an integrated parallel story (as White March), or a smaller separate campaign, or additional endgame "act" (somewhat as Throne of Bhaal)?

I personally vouch AGAINST expansions and story DLCs, because today it's mostly either stuff cut from the original game, or something made "artificially" to waste time and water down the original experience. But from a financial point of view, it's probably better (for the company) to have additional paid content in offer.

All i can say is it makes every sense for it to have an expansion even there's no stretch goals for it. Who doesn't love money? There's probably no cut content but they could save some features or content that can be made available for expansions. It could also be a good thing in the sense that, as a business they progressively have incoming revenue for future genre and sequels.

Surely PoE will have an expasion.

Please devs, don't do this time an integrated expansion like White March.

It wasn't realistic to load a savedgame at the close end of the original adventure, and then start a new campaign in another region of the world.

Edited by juanval

Well, if they copy the expansion style from BG2 for PoE 2 like they did with BG1 for PoE 1 then I expect we'll see the third chapter of the series released as a post-game expansion as a linear adventure. ;)

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams

If everything goes well expansion is logical option.

I would rather have complete end finite story in PoE2, so expansion more for very big sidequest, which may affect main quest but not change it.

Also expansion could somehow be different, offer something new. Like Valian Republics: more cityquests, more animancy and soul punk, stealthy levels and gameplay.

Something like that.

• Like 1

As time goes on they've become more negative about expansions, because standalones flat out make more money.  However, I think expansions, especially included expansions are good because they give the game time to develop.  Pillars is a much, much, much better game because of WM1 & 2.  They added a lot in the main campaign and system that isn't specifically related to the White March sections.

It is complicated.

With fig investors OE cant postpone too much release. Release 2019 could undermine fig as investment option.

Post release work helped alot with poe1, and some of features was essencial to play (party AI, UI improvments)

Other option is a free DLC, Where stuff like bounties or endless dungeon are just added post release. Something to consider.

Edited by evilcat

A sunken city, an island that conveys the sense of the 19th century sea adventures like Gordon Pym, or Robert Louis Stevenson, or lovecrafts later stuff... just no more dwarves ruins... loved white march and durlag's tower (albeit that was Black Isle) just ready for something different. Sure it will all be great whatever they come up with.

• Like 3

If they do a DLC/expansion for PoE2 as well I hope they place it after the ending MotB-style. Having to load an older save to go on new adventures and then refinishing the game to have the "true ending" that takes into account all the new stuff (but you still have to kill the same enemies and view the same content you already played through) is kinda meh.