Politics 2017 part II

Ben No.3

Let me just remind you that it is these people you're denying help and these children you're denying a future.

Denying help? Who said that letting immigrants in your country is helping or that's the only way to help?

Their country is broken, partially due to our involvement. We also live in some of te richest countries on earth, so we can take it.

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

And? Should I now suddenly feel also bad that I could not save Ancient Egypt? It's their culture, their area and their country. If they want better life, they should work for it there.

Do you have any idea how disgusting that is to say? There are people suffering. We all have no idea of the agony they have to go through. All they ask for is a second shot at life, and you are denying it out of some self righteous egocentric mindset?
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of suffering people in 2 miles radious from your home that you don't give a rats ass about and you do nothing to help them because it would take effort.

Instead you rant on the internet for other countries to help people from yet another country because it shows how "good" you are and it doesn't cost you a thing.

Now who is disgusting?

In a 2 mile radius from me, the poorest... are housed in social housing and get around 350€ Welfare a month per person worst case. That's how much they suffer.

So advocating for saving human life is now disgusting?

My oh my what an interesting set of values you have.

Besides, I participate in programs which leads to me giving away clothes, toys and books every three or two months. It's organised by a church nearby. They give it also to refugees. So shut up about me not helping.

On the other hand, we have you guys. Let me just quote from the weaponised empathy crap

"Forget what they want you to do. It doesn’t matter what they want, if they are being lying a**holes. You don’t need to consider the opinions of liars. What does it matter if they want you to bring in 100,000 Syrians? They are dishonest scum, using cynically-manipulated pictures of dead kids to do it. Their opinions can be dismissed without moral reservation because of this. Say so, openly, and without fear.

You have the moral high ground, because you’re not a cynical, lying, a**hole"

If this is the honest reaction you have to those pictures, then god help you. Or whatever other twisted ideology you believe in. I hope you can proudly say to your grand children "I was against taking in the refugees during the crisis" when they hear about it in school.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

In a 2 mile radius from me, the poorest... are housed in social housing and get around 350€ Welfare a month per person worst case. That's how much they suffer.

So advocating for saving human life is now disgusting?

My oh my what an interesting set of values you have.

No kid. Using human suffering to push your political agenda is disgusting. Using a staged pictures of dead kids that died because their father wanted a new set of teeth to force your political agenda is disgusting.

Basically using children as a tool in political debate is despicable.

Staged pictures? Those pictures are real. The suffering is real. If you can't handle it, I'm sorry. ill put a trigger warning there next time just for you... "ATTENTION! Some might not be able to distinguish between evil Marxist political agenda and a desire to help! BEWARE!!!"

Besides, I participate in programs which leads to me giving away clothes, toys and books every three or two months. It's organised by a church nearby. They give it also to refugees. So shut up about me not helping.

Oh really, but you are perfectly inclined to say that we do nothing when you don't know a thing about what we do? Are you incapable of sniffing your own hypocrisy young lad?
Weren't you the one linking articles that celebrated not taking jn refugees?

And everybody knows

Let me just remind you that it is these people you're denying help and these children you're denying a future.

Denying help? Who said that letting immigrants in your country is helping or that's the only way to help?

Their country is broken, partially due to our involvement. We also live in some of te richest countries on earth, so we can take it.

But Bennie those pictures are from Syria? The West is not responsible as the civil war was caused by the Arab Spring and the refusal of Assad to be more inclusive of his own people, why do you think the West needs to take moral responsibility ? And then Russia is responsible for the bombing of Aleppo....you should be blaming them ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Staged pictures? Those pictures are real. The suffering is real. If you can't handle it, I'm sorry. ill put a trigger warning there next time just for you... "ATTENTION! Some might not be able to distinguish between evil Marxist political agenda and a desire to help! BEWARE!!!"

The first picture you posted was staged. The guy who took that picture moved the body of this boy to make it more dramatic.

But we agree that the boy did infact die fleeing from war?

Weren't you the one linking articles that celebrated not taking jn refugees?

And I already said that taking in refugees doesn't equal helping.

Then what?

"ancient Egypt" came up... keeping in mind that the consideration of the use of such a useless example was referenced, obtaining a trump syndrome was highly immature.

as much as I'd like to respect this state of mind of yours, your immensely vague idea of how societies should work is not ideal for some who after all do have some common sense.

To answer the question, "Should I now suddenly feel bad that I could not save ancient Egypt?", no, you shouldn't, because that's unrealistic. Now l, should you feel bad for not saving and/or helping refugees? yes, because these people are in fact alive at the same period of time as you are and need saving, not hating.

The refugees don't need to "destroy your Christian values". You already did that on your own. Gone is forgiveness and love, say hello to hate and fear.

And everybody knows

But Bennie those pictures are from Syria? The West is not responsible as the civil war was caused by the Arab Spring and the refusal of Assad to be more inclusive of his own people, why do you think the West needs to take moral responsibility ? And then Russia is responsible for the bombing of Aleppo....you should be blaming them ?
Shush Bruce, don't break his spirit. He is so young!

I think we can just about agree on the very poor history of western involvement in the Middle East?

Because there is NO OTHER GROUP but Assad in the Middle East conducting killings? NO ONE ELSE that is perhaps even more radical and brutal? NO DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS that maybe grew strong due to te way we treated the Middle East? NO ARMED MILITIA running around with the weapons we left behind? NO RADICALS feeding on the chaos we created? IS THERE REALLY NO ONE?

And everybody knows

Shush Bruce, don't break his spirit. He is so young!

I think we can just about agree on the very poor history of western involvement in the Middle East?

Because there is NO OTHER GROUP but Assad in the Middle East conducting killings? NO ONE ELSE that is perhaps even more radical and brutal? NO DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS that maybe grew strong due to te way we treated the Middle East? NO ARMED MILITIA running around with the weapons we left behind? NO RADICALS feeding on the chaos we created? IS THERE REALLY NO ONE?

What IS your point? :shifty:

• Like 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Emperor Kumquat is gonna start bombing Iran soon so more millions will head to Yurop.

But of course the "leftist" Merkel will be to blame.

Fun times we're living in when CDU politicians are called leftist. If we keep this up soon Guard Dog's political leanings will be called leftist too. Hey Guard Dog, are you ready to join us commies? ;)

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

The first picture you posted was staged. The guy who took that picture moved the body of this boy to make it more dramatic.
But we agree that the boy did infact die fleeing from war?
Nope. Please google the story.

In short he was already out of war in a refugee safe zone in another country. But his dad wanted to have new teeth to hit on western women and because they didn't provide dental to such extent he took his family on a shabby boat trip.

Then what?

Provide help in the place when it's needed. There are numerous methods to help the people win their country back from aggressors.

The boy is a symbol. No one cares about the actual boy. Kinda like the Tank Man.

Regarding your proposal on how to help... I think we've seen often enough that a strictly military answer is not an answer. Besides what about those who don't want to fight and just want to get out of this hell? What about those who are already displaced? Send them back? Oh please

And everybody knows

"Because there is NO OTHER GROUP but Assad in the Middle East conducting killings? NO ONE ELSE that is perhaps even more radical and brutal? NO DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS that maybe grew strong due to te way we treated the Middle East? NO ARMED MILITIA running around with the weapons we left behind? NO RADICALS feeding on the chaos we created? IS THERE REALLY NO ONE? "

That's a GREAT argument... for allowing all rapists and murderers to get away with it... because somewhere there is a rapist or murderer who didn't get caught and it's not fair tot he ones who do get caught that they get punished.

One less scumbag is ALWAYS a good thing even if there are other scumbags.  

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Several heartbreaking photos that will make you say "**** having borders and law and ****"

As several people already pointed out, the kid is dead because of the open borders policy. The family would've been relatively safe in a refugee camp in Turkey instead of risking their lives in the Aegean sea. 

That being said, funds should be allocated to those camps in order to maintain refugees of such magnitude.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Emperor Kumquat is gonna start bombing Iran soon so more millions will head to Yurop.

Actually, she's in the Conservative party

And everybody knows

"Because there is NO OTHER GROUP but Assad in the Middle East conducting killings? NO ONE ELSE that is perhaps even more radical and brutal? NO DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS that maybe grew strong due to te way we treated the Middle East? NO ARMED MILITIA running around with the weapons we left behind? NO RADICALS feeding on the chaos we created? IS THERE REALLY NO ONE? "

That's a GREAT argument... for allowing all rapists and murderers to get away with it... because somewhere there is a rapist or murderer who didn't get caught and it's not fair tot he ones who do get caught that they get punished.

One less scumbag is ALWAYS a good thing even if there are other scumbags.

I am not quite sure what your trying to say here... you realise not all refugees are rapists?

And everybody knows

That being said, funds should be allocated to those camps in order to maintain refugees of such magnitude.

The day we were (partially) on the same page :)

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

You do realize I was talking Assad and scumbags like him, right? You were claiming that nothing should be done about Scumbag A because Scumbag B was still being a scumbag. That is a silly argument.

You do realize I was talking Assad and scumbags like him, right? You were claiming that nothing should be done about Scumbag A because Scumbag B was still being a scumbag. That is a silly argument.

Ah sorry I misunderstood

But I think so did you. I was only ponting out that western involvement in the Middle East is a big cause for the creation of ISIS, historically speaking. Wasn't saying we shouldn't do anything about it.

I was saying we should focus more on helping the refugees than fighting ISIS or Assad.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

The boy is a symbol. No one cares about the actual boy. Kinda like the Tank Man.

Regarding your proposal on how to help... I think we've seen often enough that a strictly military answer is not an answer. Besides what about those who don't want to fight and just want to get out of this hell? What about those who are already displaced? Send them back? Oh please

Great start to have a fraud story of a child corpse on the beach as a symbol :thumbsup:

You can help all this people on the site. Provide safe zones, shelters, food etc. Your point that there is only send military/import refugees choice is really narrow.

Because they'll be able to live a good life in some "safe" zone in Syria dependent on constant food supply?

And everybody knows

I think if, and I strongly emphasize IF, Emperor Kumquat (love this name :thumbsup: ) will start bombing Iran then there won't be millions to take refuge.
Vastly overestimating US might and intention in any conflict, there. Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The bigger cause for the creation of ISIS is their holy book, historically speaking. How 'bout this?  We ban the Q AND the US from the ME and see how it does.

On another political issue, I find it funny about all this world wide wining about a 3 month 'ban' for 7 countries to enter the US but hardly  apeep about   the zeon + countries that literally permenately ban all Isreali Jews.

But, Amerika is evil. :p

No, no - keep it coming, its all good. 

https://infogr.am/63af14ef-8711-4002-b384-e6058ce56643

Even Merkel has flipped, with the new "deportations, deportations, deportations" thing.

Only in Germany can the chancellor get away with pushing an uncalled for and widely unpopular policy, watching it blow up in their face and then going into full reverse. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

The bigger cause for the creation of ISIS is their holy book, historically speaking. How 'bout this? We ban the Q AND the US from the ME and see how it does.

On another political issue, I find it funny about all this world wide wining about a 3 month 'ban' for 7 countries to enter the US but hardly apeep about the zeon + countries that literally permenately ban all Isreali Jews.

But, Amerika is evil. :p

Their "holy book" isn't a cause... anything can get radicalised

And no the US isn't evil, they just messed up

And everybody knows

No, no - keep it coming, its all good. 

https://infogr.am/63af14ef-8711-4002-b384-e6058ce56643

Wow. The "Refugee Welcome" Austria on second place? Did not see that coming.

Why not, maybe they remember their high school history classes. Education might still be a thing in Austria.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"And really Ben, those people lost their homes, their families, their friends. There is no "good life" for them, we can only ease the pain and help them recover."

And we can do that far easier here, where they are at least safe

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows