Politics 2017 part II

Ben No.3

I'm suggesting you an open mind and a differentiation between Islam and terrorism. I'm asking you not to be blinded by unreasonable fear. I'm begging you to be a brother to everyone. Christian culture you are so vigorously defending seems to be on my side.

Christian culture has been in war with the Islamic world since forever. If it still held sway as it used to you would never be making that argument. In fact, your own ancestors would likely consider you stark raving mad for wanting to invite muslims into Europe. They enjoyed painting them, reading about them and superficial interaction but wanting to resettle them in the neighburghood was never on the table.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

OMG, the cherry picking reporting on display here.

I loved the two guys in front of the supermarket. Lvl 3 orc fighter and lvl 2 hobbit rogue in modern day Britain!

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/08/europe/europe-donald-trump-travel-ban/index.html

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

I still like this dude for a cherry picked interview. Granted, he's still a moron.

https://youtu.be/kjuNuqIev8M

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Breitbart may not always be wrong or fake, but they typically take a story and then spin it to fit their narrative. Then their loyal readers eat it up and act like that is the only way form of truth (even when they are making huge assumptions and leaps of logic.)

So like every other media outlet then.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Breitbart may not always be wrong or fake, but they typically take a story and then spin it to fit their narrative. Then their loyal readers eat it up and act like that is the only way form of truth (even when they are making huge assumptions and leaps of logic.)

So like every other media outlet then.

There is going to be a liberal slant for most mainstream media, because what kind of people go to school for journalism degrees other than idealistic liberals? That being said, self-awareness and opposing viewpoints are keys here. You tend to get that with major news outlets, but Brietbart and HuffPost are just echo chambers of self-righteousness. They make MSNBC and Fox News look impartial. 

OK, so let's say you look at CNN. Sure, sometimes they'll have an opposing viewpoint, but 90% of the time they're pushing a narrative. Then they claim they're impartial. Breitbart doesn't pretend to be impartial, if you want an opposing viewpoint, just look at another website.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

I still like this dude for a cherry picked interview. Granted, he's still a moron.

https://youtu.be/kjuNuqIev8M

Its like a feat of multitasking, tongue has to keep talking while brain still back in pub sipping beer. 

• Like 1

OK, so let's say you look at CNN. Sure, sometimes they'll have an opposing viewpoint, but 90% of the time they're pushing a narrative. Then they claim they're impartial. Breitbart doesn't pretend to be impartial, if you want an opposing viewpoint, just look at another website.

CNN is in a weird place right now. I'd agree. A few months ago I would have completely disagreed, I would have reversed that percentage. But they've basically become fully hostile towards Trump. It seems to be a completely antagonistic relationship. 

I'm hoping they can reverse course. I'm also hoping Trump can do the same. This isn't a win for the American people.

• Like 1

Refugee program full of fraud: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/letters/ct-i-have-seen-first-hand-the-abuse-and-fraud-in-the-u-s-refugee-program-20170206-story.html

Edit:

CNN is in a weird place right now. I'd agree. A few months ago I would have completely disagreed, I would have reversed that percentage. But they've basically become fully hostile towards Trump. It seems to be a completely antagonistic relationship. 

I'm hoping they can reverse course. I'm also hoping Trump can do the same. This isn't a win for the American people.

I remember them stirring the pot about the Trayvon Martin case and even worse about Ferguson "hands up don't shoot" lie, so you may not have noticed it but it's been going on for years and years. Edited by Wrath of Dagon