Politics 2017 part II

Ben No.3

No, no - keep it coming, its all good.

https://infogr.am/63af14ef-8711-4002-b384-e6058ce56643

Wow. The "Refugee Welcome" Austria on second place? Did not see that coming.

Why not, maybe they remember their high school history classes. Education might still be a thing in Austria.

Well they didn't remembered couple months ago. I hope they wont count on Polish cavalry again....

"And really Ben, those people lost their homes, their families, their friends. There is no "good life" for them, we can only ease the pain and help them recover."

And we can do tha gar easier here, where they are at least safe

It's not going so well as we can all see.

And if you don't stop the conflict there and then it will spread to another country and another country and soon enough we will be making Benny Hill runs around the globe.

Not going so well?

The criminals aside, the vast majority are integrated excellently

And it won't go go around the globe... they're already loosing now

Everybody knows the deal is rotten

Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton

For your ribbons and bows

And everybody knows

Not going so well?The criminals aside, the vast majority are integrated excellently

And it won't go go around the globe... they're already loosing now

I think you missed this: https://infogr.am/63af14ef-8711-4002-b384-e6058ce56643

Well it's not going because beside the SJW that are only helping through internet memes and Facebook likes there are people who actually do help.

nevermind

Sorry

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

If that is sarcasm, I posted the results of a Chatam house poll.  Hardly an alt-right news factory. (not that everything on Breitbart is wrong or fake)

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

"The bigger cause for the creation of ISIS is their holy book, historically speaking."

IIRC it's actually Hadiths (basically non formalised stories about Muhammed and his motivations/ experiences) that ISIS tends to use rather than the Koran itself. If you're looking for a way to radicalise being able to mix and match is important- and by their nature you can do that with Hadiths far more easily than with the Koran itself; and they have distinctly relaxed rules about authenticity by their nature. They can use the Koran as well, but it tends to be in the same way that a radical christian will use Leviticus to justify hating gays, while snacking on prawns and a bacon sandwich and ignoring 'cast not the first stone'/ 'do unto others'/ 'mote in your neighbours eye' etc.

(Also, I'm always amused when people talk of bombing Assad so refugees can go home. There are far more refugees in Syria than outside it, so all you'd get is all the pro Assad civilians running away from the salafi / wahhabi head choppers people like Graham/ McCain/ Hollande etc are so keen on supporting. Especially now that there's only one effective rebel group left which is mopping up all resistance- they've learnt well from Blackwater Xi Academi, Jabhat al Nusra gets forgotten after going through Jabhat Fatah al Sham to Ha'at Tahrir al-Sham. It would be an unmitigated disaster where none of the current refugees would want to return and you'd end up with more than there currently are fleeing from ISIS lite. You'd definitely get the 2 million alawites and similar number of christians/ druze/ shia fleeing, so that's 4 million extras for a start. The west is utterly incompetent at interventions)

• Like 1

No, no - keep it coming, its all good. 

https://infogr.am/63af14ef-8711-4002-b384-e6058ce56643

Wow. The "Refugee Welcome" Austria on second place? Did not see that coming.

ha, they flipped long ago:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3535936/EU-concerned-Austria-planning-build-fence-border-Italy.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-europe-migrants-austria-idUSKCN11Q0R0

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

If that is sarcasm, I posted the results of a Chatam house poll.  Hardly an alt-right news factory. (not that everything on Breitbart is wrong or fake)

No, I'm always happy when you turn back up.   :)

I'd use a more sarcastic smiley if it wasn't true.   :p

Breitbart may not always be wrong or fake, but they typically take a story and then spin it to fit their narrative. Then their loyal readers eat it up and act like that is the only way form of truth (even when they are making huge assumptions and leaps of logic.) 

You posted a poll and let it speak for yourself. It is refreshing.  PLEASE DON"T LEAVE.

Edited by Hurlshot

And? Should I now suddenly feel also bad that I could not save Ancient Egypt? It's their culture, their area and their country. If they want better life, they should work for it there.

Do you have any idea how disgusting that is to say? There are people suffering. We all have no idea of the agony they have to go through. All they ask for is a second shot at life, and you are denying it out of some self righteous egocentric mindset?

Do they care to pay my bills? earn my food? Did they care, when i had health issues? Did they care when I was moving around the world and struggling with local legal systems to get my papers? Did anyone cared?

Perhaps I should have made vids of that and post them?

Stop being pretentious self righteous kid. If you want to help them, adopt one and use your own money.

PS. and no, I tend to help people, but those I know I can make a difference for and I do not burden others with those that I want to help.

Edited by Darkpriest

And? Should I now suddenly feel also bad that I could not save Ancient Egypt? It's their culture, their area and their country. If they want better life, they should work for it there.

Do you have any idea how disgusting that is to say? There are people suffering. We all have no idea of the agony they have to go through. All they ask for is a second shot at life, and you are denying it out of some self righteous egocentric mindset?

Do they care to pay my bills? earn my food? Did they care, when i had health issues? Did they care when I was moving around the world and struggling with local legal systems to get my papers? Did anyone cared?

This argument is utterly useless. Are you seriously saying you won't help them now, that they are at your doorstep, because they didn't help you, when you were hundreds of kilometres apart?

Perhaps I should have made vids of that and post them?

I'll watch. Let's see if the magnitude of your problems indeed requires international cooperation to solve.

Stop being pretentious self righteous kid. If you want to help them, adopt one and use your own money.

as a self righteous kid, I am legally incapable of adopting a child. I also don't think I'm qualified to raise one.

PS. and no, I tend to help people, but those I know I can make a difference for and I do not burden others with those that I want to help.

That's noble. But you see, this problem is a bit of a larger scale than "burden others with your own problems". It is a historical event. We as a society are deciding right now how we will be remembered. And we are decided wether we are indeed the free, humanitarian society we like to say we are or if we actually just are another bunch of introverted nationalists.

Islam is the new communism. I recommend we don't make the same mistakes. Learn from history, remember?

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Islam is the new communism. I recommend we don't make the same mistakes. Learn from history, remember?

Indeed, we shouldn't allow another Lenin, Mao or Stalin to get to power, that would be a mistake. Are you suggesting a new Monroe doctrine perhaps?

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Indeed, we shouldn't allow another Lenin, Mao or Stalin to get to power, that would be a mistake. Are you suggesting a new Monroe doctrine perhaps?
I'm referring to the way we treated communism. We shouldn't have another red scare or another blacklist (which is, considering Mr Trumps actions, not too far of a call).

Besides, don't put Lenin on the same level like Stalin.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

True, The Gulags and The Red Terror warrants its own merit.

Instead of mere black lists, are you suggesting Pinochetian free helicopter rides?

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm suggesting you an open mind and a differentiation between Islam and terrorism. I'm asking you not to be blinded by unreasonable fear. I'm begging you to be a brother to everyone. Christian culture you are so vigorously defending seems to be on my side.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Besides, don't put Lenin on the same level like Stalin.

Lenin was just as ruthless as Stalin. Even more if his colleagues (i.e. Molotov) are to be believed.

And ffs, must you degenerate every conversation into a discussion on communism. Go to /leftypol/.

"Degenerate"...

the parallels between the red scare and islamophobia are so obvious it'd be dumb not to inspect them

And everybody knows

Letting governments take people's rights away and suppress the ideology of freedom and equality on altar of national security as government excuses their actions that they are are fighting against communism or radical islam terrorists. World will not become ideologically aligned towards western hegemony with any amount of fire bombing and pouring chemicals on civilians that support wrong ideology. It didn't work in past and I am pretty sure that it will not work in future.   

• Like 2

"Degenerate"...

the parallels between the red scare and islamophobia are so obvious it'd be dumb not to inspect them

You do it with literally every topic. You draw these parallels, not because its accurate but because its your only point of reference. What makes it painful to read is its also evident that despite being your only point of reference you don't know the topic particularly well.
  • Like 2

I'm suggesting you an open mind and a differentiation between Islam and terrorism. I'm asking you not to be blinded by unreasonable fear. I'm begging you to be a brother to everyone. Christian culture you are so vigorously defending seems to be on my side.

So Deus Vult then? Oh mai :3

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

"Degenerate"...

You do it with literally every topic. You draw these parallels, not because its accurate but because its your only point of reference. What makes it painful to read is its also evident that despite being your only point of reference you don't know the topic particularly well.
Then I recommend you correct me, not shame me.

Criticism taken. I'll do it only when necessary in the future. Happy?

I've said it before... as long as Breitbart is a valid point of view, I'll be spamming with communism

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

Hominem non deus vult.

Heck, I'm not even a Christian. I'm just pointing out a contradiction.

Edited by Ben No.3

And everybody knows

So with the White House schedule saying that his Daily Intelligence Briefing was at 10:30am....  He was tweeting this at 10:51am:

"My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

You can tell this man is focused on the responsibilities of his job....

• Like 2

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So with the White House schedule saying that his Daily Intelligence Briefing was at 10:30am.... He was tweeting this at 10:51am:

"My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person -- always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!"

You can tell this man is focused on the responsibilities of his job....

What did Nordstrom say?

And everybody knows

Hominem non deus vult.

Heck, I'm not even a Christian. I'm just pointing out a contradiction.

lol

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy