Politics 2017 part II

Ben No.3

Some could think that Der Spiegel's editorial board don't like Trump much.

When you see everything as Hitler no one will care when one such as him finally takes power.

When it comes to Der Spiegel I would not say that is fair statement. But question is from what you known that somebody like Hitler has taken the power? If you look how he rose to power you will have hard time to differentiate him from lot of politicians. He campaigned with German first platform, protectionism,  national security, jobs for Germans, resign from "unfair" international agreements, stopping terrorizing minorities, stopping minorities stealing German jobs, Christian and family values, and so on.

Well, except for the whole Mein Kampf thing, being in prison for an attempted coup, and brown-shirted nazi thugs running riot in the streets.

People didn't seem to think that Mein Kampf was bad when it was published, it praises those same things that Hitler used in his political manifesto. Hitler's going in prison was seen as oppression of political opposition that has courage to speak truth. Brown-shirts come after nazis were already in political power to ensure that they will stay in political power, meaning that in that point of time was well pass the moment when somebody like Hitler had taken the power.

They started first as outside group that supported what Hitler seem to sell (you can point of several similar kind groups that support current populistic political movements/parties/candidates) who actively distributed false information about people currently in power, evolving constantly more radical tactics. But it wasn't until after Hitler was in power that he made it as his group, by eliminating people from its power that had their own ambitions for power that didn't align with Hitler's vision. So when you know when radical group that harasses political opposition and spreads false claims about them is "Brownshirts"  and not normal political activist group? Like you could say that Bernie Bros or Trump supporters, or Black Lives Matter protesters used similar tactics during election than "Brownshirts" used in beginning. 

Trump supporters rioted and beat up people?

These times people just harass people in internet and go in every news story to say fake news look this other article that tells how bad opposite politicians are. 

EDIT: Also I would note riots etc. weren't uncommon in that era Germany, because they economy was is very bad place after WWI

Edited by Elerond

No, these times real fascists still riot and attack peaceful assemblies. You're twisting current and historical facts to support your incorrect premise.

Who are real fascists these days? That was the question that I asked how you known that they are in power. 

C3wY6dZWYAI5QAd.jpg

When you see everything as Hitler no one will care when one such as him finally takes power.

When it comes to Der Spiegel I would not say that is fair statement. But question is from what you known that somebody like Hitler has taken the power? If you look how he rose to power you will have hard time to differentiate him from lot of politicians. He campaigned with German first platform, protectionism,  national security, jobs for Germans, resign from "unfair" international agreements, stopping terrorizing minorities, stopping minorities stealing German jobs, Christian and family values, and so on.

Lots of people have campaigned on similar promises as you stated without being Hitler, but suddenly Trump is. 

Oh well, at least this paper dropped any pretense on what they want:

C3wxRTmWIAETxck.jpg

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Lots of people have campaigned on similar promises as you stated without being Hitler, but suddenly Trump is. 

Oh well, at least this paper dropped any pretense on what they want:

How do you know that they weren't Hitler? What if they just failed to grab enough power? Or they are still in process to executing their plans?

But seriously how many people have won election with similar manifest to Hitler's and how many of them have gained actual control over the country? Can you give some examples of such? 

And what comes to Trump, it is how he acts that makes people not like him and narrative where only his vision can safe USA and actions that he has taken after being elected. Also his seeming disregards towards other branches of power also don't help when people claim that he is authoritarian. Also that his staff constantly gives out statements that have alternative facts in them don't help in building trust towards him. Also making his first executive orders to go against idea what people think America is also don't do any favors to him. Disrespecting foreign leaders especially those that are your closest allies also don't give good picture. And so on. I can't say that he is actually Hitler as he has not yet at least started to throw people in furnaces, but even for Hitler that take some time to get going on. But currently I would say that policy wise and how he goes with their execution Trump is worst leader in any western country during my life time. But if your people are happy how with how he does things then good for you. But for me Trump seems to be currently worst enemy that western hegemony has seen for decades, but that is not saying that I don't see some good opportunities rising from his presidency, especially in Europe, where politics are closer to my hearth than they are in USA. Like how I find it funny how our anti-immigration, anti-Islam, anti-EU, anti-Euro, pro Finland, pro protectionist etc. populists party that is currently in our government finds Trump actions troubling and anti-Western, although they are more than willing to look past that as long as USA does trade with Finland, but Trumps and GOP's speaks for extra boarder taxes for countries like Finland don't help their worries.

Edited by Elerond

No, these times real fascists still riot and attack peaceful assemblies. You're twisting current and historical facts to support your incorrect premise.

Who are real fascists these days? That was the question that I asked how you known that they are in power.

I don't feel like looking up all their names right now. It's the groups that have been rioting over the past couple of years, BLM, Occupy, etc.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Trump supporters rioted and beat up people?

Worse. They commit act of terrorism against civilians. 

Quebec mosque shooter Alexandre Bissonnette’s classmates say he was a white nationalist who loved President Trumpsource

Going high indeed.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

But, remember folks, attack in MTL is all Trumps' fault... However, when a Muslim shoots up a gay bar or an Islamic group  conquers, rapes, murders, and destroys entire countries... we are spammed with the whole 'Not All Muslims'.

The incorhent lakc of self awareness us hialrioue.

the guy in Montreal wa s apiece of crap. But, that has NOTHING to do with Trump. I bet he liked icr cream too. Must be Ice creams' fault. :(

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

But, remember folks, attack in MTL is all Trumps' fault... However, when a Muslim shoots up a gay bar or an Islamic group  conquers, rapes, murders, and destroys entire countries... we are spammed with the whole 'Not All Muslims'.

The incorhent lakc of self awareness us hialrioue.

the guy in Montreal wa s apiece of crap. But, that has NOTHING to do with Trump. I bet he liked icr cream too. Must be Ice creams' fault. :(

Volo you need to take responsibility for this violence emanating  from Canada....lets be honest

Canada is a  violent country !!!!! The sooner you accept this and publicly acknowledge this the better the overall direct of the conversation will be  :yes:

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys this is huge news and a very interesting development,   a federal judge has temporarily halted the Muslim travel ban "Federal Judge James Robart, a George W. Bush appointee who presides in Washington state, temporarily stopped the order" 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38864253

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/federal-judge-temporarily-halts-trump-travel-ban-nationwide-ag-says/

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Guys this is huge news and a very interesting development,   a federal judge has temporarily halted the Muslim travel ban "Federal Judge James Robart, a George W. Bush appointee who presides in Washington state, temporarily stopped the order" 

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/federal-judge-temporarily-halts-trump-travel-ban-nationwide-ag-says/

I notice how you pointed out that the judge was a Bush appointee. That is not supposed to matter. As Gromnir put it earlier, a judge is a judge first. If they law is not applied equally then there is no law.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I notice how you pointed out that the judge was a Bush appointee. That is not supposed to matter. As Gromnir put it earlier, a judge is a judge first. If they law is not applied equally then there is no law.

Nope, I didnt point it out. Thats directly from the CNN article, paragraph 3. I was merely quoting to set context for the article 

John Milton 

For the first time I'm genuinely looking forward to news every morning. It's like a morning cartoon "Trump and Friends!" A friend of mine insisted that if Trump wins presidential election, at the very least it'll be funny. He was right. It's a fairly dark humor impacting lives, but he was right.

Edited by Fenixp

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/03/pentagon-strikes-new-f-35-deal-with-lockheed-after-trump-involvement.html

Great that the tax-payers are saved their money, but on the other hand, i haven't really heard anything good about the F-35 to begin with.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't feel like looking up all their names right now. It's the groups that have been rioting over the past couple of years, BLM, Occupy, etc.

Antifa is a big one. These protesters are incredible. They destroy property, assault people, and demand the police assault their ideological enemies, all while calling the free speech and personal liberty activists fascists.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

John Milton 

you know, the more I look at it, the more it seems that 9chan and 4chan decided that they will just troll big time in real life, get their asses out into voting both and trumped it. And rest of the liberal parts of the internet folk were too busy bloging about Trump and didn't voted xD

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"