Poll on preferred party size

A Poll on Party Size  

399 members have voted

1. 1. What party size would you prefer?

• 4 (as per Tyranny)
    • 5 (as suggested for PoE II)
    • 6 (as per PoE I and all past IE titles)
    • No preference

The official party limit may indeed stay at 5, but I'm hoping someone unofficially mods it to 6 :)

I'm guessing here, but if future DLC includes new party members and they are all as amazing as the pitch during the campaign (3m stretch goal) then I am gonna find it hard not having a 6th. Especially so if we make it to 5m via slacker backer pledges and get Ydwin.

I'm a sucker for continuity. I was with BG -> BG2 (I always keep Imoen/Minsc/Jaheira in my party) and will be going into POE2 the same, which leaves me one slot to play with!

That's just not enough IMO, and I'm not even fazed by combat and pros/cons of having/not having a 6th at this point.

Silver 

Edited by Silver6986

The official party limit may indeed stay at 5, but I'm hoping someone unofficially mods it to 6 :)

I'm guessing here, but if future DLC includes new party members and they are all as amazing as the pitch during the campaign (3m stretch goal) then I am gonna find it hard not having a 6th. Especially so if we make it to 5m via slacker backer pledges and get Ydwin.

I'm a sucker for continuity. I was with BG -> BG2 (I always keep Imoen/Minsc/Jaheira in my party) and will be going into POE2 the same, which leaves me one slot to play with!

That's just not enough IMO, and I'm not even fazed by combat and pros/cons of having/not having a 6th at this point.

Silver 

5 is final. Unofficial modding will be very difficult (according to Josh in 2nd Twitch QnA IINM) simply because all the menus and UIs were designed to work with 5. Even you can see in latest gameplay The scripted interaction UI book was showing only 5 portraits. I really hate it so much they go with this route. Let's hope they don't go further with 4 on PoE3 for "multi-platform".

Who says its MORE moddable?

I heard the opposite...

Here's a quote from Josh from the first Q&A stream:

"Modding a lot of stuff will be easier in Pillars 2. Modding the party size from 5 to 6...certainly possible, if you want to do that that's cool. I don't know how the UI is going to react to that and everything because things are spaced out for increased legibility for 5 characters, but there you go."

So generally speaking, modding will be easier, though Josh does mention a particular difficulty in modding the party size to 6.

• Like 1

I certainly shant be baking the game if they make it 5

You mean we'll have to eat it raw ;)

More seriously, if that's your criterion then, but all accounts, your decision has already been made for you.

It's probably better broiled anyway....

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

While I'm sad that I won't be able to have as many characters with me to interact with, I can understand that they chose to have better combat instead. If it's already a done deal, I'll deal with.

I hope the fact that we're basically lugging both the active and "benched" characters with us everywhere on our boat means that switching characters in and out of the party is much faster and easier than in PoE. It would take the sting out of the reduced party size.

• Like 2

Why hasnt anybody modded PoE1 to hold 9headed party.

GAIN ALL THE COMPANIONS!!!

Never miss 1 convo.

The banter will be flying around your ears haha

Warbands of Eternity!

"That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail

"Space is big, really big." - Douglas Adams