I decided I wanted to help fund PoE 2 ( https://www.fig.co/campaigns/deadfire ) and was curious if someone could answer a backer question for me.  I've slowly transitioned almost all my PC games to exclusively GOG and my concern is, if I do the $45 backer with the reward of the Premium Digital, will it just give me some download for the game, or will it give me a choice of websites to unlock it on like at GOG or Steam, or... what?  I'm really unfamiliar with how the process works.  I'd love to be a backer, but not if it means I'm just going to end up buying another copy months down the road to have it on GOG too.

MOXeTiP.png

Many fall in the face of Chaos.

...but not this one.  Not today.

Last time you selected which site you wanted the key for from the backer portal (Obsidian's site dealing with getting people their rewards etc from the PoE1 kickstarter), got your code and stuck it into gog.com/redeem to get the game on GOG. There are three editions- hero, champion and royal(?)- on GOG, the version you got depended on tier chosen in the KS.

Presumably the system will be similar this time, with some modifications such as GOG now offering an Early Access equivalent for betas. It was pretty simple and easy to do anyway, took about twenty seconds if that.

• Like 1

Well, alright.  This marks the very first game I've ever supported in development.  I'm really happy it's a Pillars of Eternity title, my biggest regret was not having gotten in on the first one too.

YjPeTIh.png

• Like 1

MOXeTiP.png

Many fall in the face of Chaos.

...but not this one.  Not today.